Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Too much nationalism is dumb imo I don't agree. If it was too much like transfers it'd be stupid yes because teams could just take some player that is overperforming in some country and taking them. That's why there is a rule they can't have more than 1 player that played for a senior NT.

I mean at the end of the day it's basically like people moving to another country for a better life, to me they should just be accepted as citizens of that country esp. when almost everything they achieve will be happening there and they have been there since they were kids :shrugs:

Alexia was legit 14 when she first came to Turkey... Comparing Turkey with those nations is really really dumb indeed and a choice considering it's not a secret how much is invested in volleyball

Sometimes 1 player its just what you need.

Boskovic, Haak, Egonu can make any decent NT in world become favourite.

• BTW if it's 2 years I'll root for Alexia over Vargas. Alexia's growth has been insane while Vargas isn't really developing.

Vargas and Ebrar will probably try OH too and I don't think we saw enough of Vargas but Ebrar can at least receive.

• Sometimes 1 player its just what you need.

Boskovic, Haak, Egonu can make any decent NT in world become favourite.

Eczacibasi, Zhu Tings Club in WCCh, Sweden, Rykhliuk and Ukraine disagree :D

I mean I know what you mean but volleyball is still a team sport even decent NTs with big names failed so often. Maybe only Egonu could go to any club and make them champions everywhere lol.

• BTW if it's 2 years I'll root for Alexia over Vargas. Alexia's growth has been insane while Vargas isn't really developing.

Vargas and Ebrar will probably try OH too and I don't think we saw enough of Vargas but Bear can at least receive.

I think that Alexia can be earlier because as peopple told, she didnt played for Senior NT.

Vargas was really promissing and notthat error prone IMO. But she earned power and lost ball control along the years.

I know what Guidetti has turned Lonekke in just one summer.

Vargas can become a real treat under Guidetti's wings.

• Eczacibasi, Zhu Tings Club in WCCh, Sweden, Rykhliuk and Ukraine disagree :D

I mean I know what you mean but volleyball is still a team sport even decent NTs with big names failed so often. Maybe only Egonu could go to any club and make them champions everywhere lol.

The level of clubs sometimes are higher than NT.

There is no NT performing as Conegliano and with sometimes that was arranged in Vakifbank and Turkish teams before.

Ukraine isnt a NT among the mid-levels team in the world.

Boskovic has done this with Serbia. Before her Servia was just a dark horse.

I know that the others players need to help. But har makes a lot of difference.

• If you take Egonu, Zhu Ting, Boskovic from their NTS Brasil and USA will be favourites. The american teams always had a better play team.

When USA had a nature force as Hooker they put everyone in the world in their pockets. Its not liking won everything. But they were favourites and eranig a lot of competition.

• I think leal is really hated in brazil NT,some players don't want him there

Well the players that their nt win everything that possible feel that they don't need others players to continue achieving trophies ,in fact others need that in order to win something one day at least.....

• I guess it depends and it's subjective in some way but overall I agree with you. For example when Japan lost Saori Kimura the rest of the world practically excluded them, the women's team in particular. It's definitely possible that one strong figure can propel a dull NT or any team for that matter.

• Kosheleva and Goncharova were carrying Russia for years and they are born in Belarus and Ukraine so I see where you guys come from. Yet no one mentions them, same way many little mention Alexia actually. I don't want to assume but it's sad people get more triggered when it's someone that has a different skin tone.

But I disagree, about Ukraine. They had players that played in good teams all around Europe and I don't even count all the players that left the federation as soon as they could. Even the NT still now has top players.

• Kosheleva and Goncharova were carrying Russia for years and they are born in Belarus and Ukraine so I see where you guys come from. Yet no one mentions them, same way many little mention Alexia actually. I don't want to assume but it's sad people get more triggered when it's someone that has a different skin tone.

But I disagree, about Ukraine. They had players that played in good teams all around Europe and I don't even count all the players that left the federation as soon as they could. Even the NT still now has top players.

I think that Russian NT has some deep and recently history with those countries that must to be counted.

Its like Serbian, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia..

• I think that Russian NT has some deep and recently history with those countries that must to be counted.

Its like Serbian, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia..

I don't really agree with that, same way Turkey could claim the entire balkans. Imo that's a very dangerous thought process, they are independent nations and i dont wanna get political but if you saw their news recently... Also it's 2021 I don't think ethnic/personal reasons should matter whether it's Meliha/Goncharova like cases or Leal/Vargas like cases.

• Meanwhile... next week V1L playoffs start.

Group A semifinalists:

• Edremit Altınoluk Edremit Altınoluk
    • Göztepe Göztepe
    • Kamnik Kalecik
    • Nevşehir Nevşehir

Group B semifinalists:

• Bolu Bolu
    • Modena Adam
    • Karşıyaka Karşıyaka
    • İstanbul BB İstanbul BB

Any news about Pursaklar VI? They lost the sponsor before the season started and retired from V1L. Will they show up in V2L next season? I hope they're not done with volleyball. I used to like them.

• If you take Egonu, Zhu Ting, Boskovic from their NTS Brasil and USA will be favourites. The american teams always had a better play team.

When USA had a nature force as Hooker they put everyone in the world in their pockets. Its not liking won everything. But they were favourites and eranig a lot of competition.

now I’m triggered again about the Hooker situation 😔😔

• This year's semifinals will be a blood bath:cheesy: So many good teams. I am hoping Edremit and Bolu can promote bcz they are from cities that don't have teams in Sultans league. But probably Kalecik and Bolu will take it.

Edit: Also I want to see an Izmir team in Sultans league. So rooting for Karşıyaka and Göztepe as well.

• Oh god, that was really hard one discussion, indeed variously spiced with difficult thesis and claims, hope it's over.

Finals start in less than 4.5 hours maybe we can move on that topic, if it were a little more inspiring.

And so on, what it's your thought guys, can Fenerabhce win 20pts.+ per set, or even surprisw with some set.