Turkey - MCSL - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi - 2020/2021

• Has Mihajlovic waited for 2 years to play for Serbia? She did play for Bosnia Herzegovina and her change of federation and playing in Serbia NT was so quick if I remember correctly, just before London Olympics.

• You mean the same mix like Zaytsev, Antonov and Juantorena in Italy? It's not a XIV century.

We talked about this 100 times. Travica, Baranowicz, Antonov, Zaytsev and so on are all people born or raised in Italy who feel Italian, because their parents' countries were just very marginal in their life. They are Italians with families of foreign origin.

Juantorena is the only one who has nothing to do with Italy. Same for Leal with Brazil and Leon with Poland. And now Vargas for Turkey. They are Cubans who play for other countries.

• Has Mihajlovic waited for 2 years to play for Serbia? She did play for Bosnia Herzegovina and her change of federation and playing in Serbia NT was so quick if I remember correctly, just before London Olympics.

Yes, her last match for B&H was in 2009, and in addition to being a Serb by nationality, she hold Yugoslavic citizenship since birth and later a dual Serbian and B&H citizenship, so there was no waiting for that.

• You mean the same mix like Zaytsev, Antonov and Juantorena in Italy? It's not a XIV century.

Zaytsev and antonov are italians

When you talk whatever .....

• I’m not talking only about Turkish situation I’m talking about EVERY single NT.

Okej if they are born in some country and they want to play for that country. That is logical, but changing NT like this is idiotic move. It doesn’t matter if it is for Croatian NT, Turkish, Italian, USA or what so ever.
    FIVB should stop this. What is the point fighting for your country and your flag when it is not your country. Countries are not CLUBS.

I would let her to play for club under Turkish citiz., but not for NT. My opinion, like it or not.

• That's exactly what I thought. She was suspended

What about Alexia Caratasu then?

I am still shocked :what:

Carutasu won't be counted as a naturalized player since she didn't play for senior NT. Vargas is not a bad receiver, I can see Gui would convert one of Ebrar or Vargas to OH to make space for Carutasu

It wouldnt be the first case in the world. Anti LGBTQ+ but secretly gay :rolll::rolll:

Devlet Bahçeli <3

• Too much nationalism is dumb imo I don't agree. If it was too much like transfers it'd be stupid yes because teams could just take some player that is overperforming in some country and taking them. That's why there is a rule they can't have more than 1 player that played for a senior NT.

I mean at the end of the day it's basically like people moving to another country for a better life, to me they should just be accepted as citizens of that country esp. when almost everything they achieve will be happening there and they have been there since they were kids :shrugs:

Alexia was legit 14 when she first came to Turkey... Comparing Turkey with those nations is really really dumb indeed and a choice considering it's not a secret how much is invested in volleyball

• I’m not talking only about Turkish situation I’m talking about EVERY single NT.

Okej if they are born in some country and they want to play for that country. That is logical, but changing NT like this is idiotic move. It doesn’t matter if it is for Croatian NT, Turkish, Italian, USA or what so ever.
    FIVB should stop this. What is the point fighting for your country and your flag when it is not your country. Countries are not CLUBS.

I would let her to play for club under Turkish citiz., but not for NT. My opinion, like it or not.

it is not an idiotic move, but reacting this way is

• Yes, her last match for B&H was in 2009, and in addition to being a Serb by nationality, she hold Yugoslavic citizenship since birth and later a dual Serbian and B&H citizenship, so there was no waiting for that.

Brankica's case was totally different because FIVB had different rules back then. There was no 2 year wait rule yet. If she had changed her citizenship now, she would have to wait 2 years to play in the NT even if she hadn't played in Bosnia for several years. They changed the rules after that.

• Is it so hard to understand that Meliha is ethnically Turkish so that makes Vargas the first neutralized player in like 20 years? (First after Natalia)

Alexia will be second currently and third in last 25 years or so. It's also clear that both happened occasionally. I'm really happy about this.

Also talking about "Neutralized" players, Natalia still lives here. I don't know the cases of Vargas and Alexia but you cannot say those moves are done "only" for the good of Turkish NT. That's also players' choices.

Changing citizenship to play for another countries is not that new. Say that to FIBA, FIFA and other sports organization that is more famous than volleyball. It is players decision of changing cetizenship, its because of many reasons, the no. 1 reason is the lack of support from the government which triggers the player to make that kind of move. Pardon my english grammar pls. Thanks.

• Well Alexia definitely didn't play for Romanian NT. Actually let's remember she is still a minor at this point.

But from the looks of this Vargas could go to Tokyo idk Alexia

I think that she cant. She must to wait 2 years.

• Changing citizenship to play for another countries is not that new. Say that to FIBA, FIFA and other sports organization that is more famous than volleyball. It is players decision of changing cetizenship, its because of many reasons, the no. 1 reason is the lack of support from the government which triggers the player to make that kind of move. Pardon my english grammar pls. Thanks.

Alexia and her parents actually said they would have never gotten the support, experience and opportunities she did in Romania to make her what's she is becoming.

It is 2020 and those countries aren't so far from each other. Who cares about nationalism. That's why despite the Romanian federation really pushed her on this it seems to have been a no-brainer on her end.

• Vargas IMO can become a great OH. I think that she made the right choice becoming turkish instead of serbian. She can earn a lot more. IMO she is more valuabble right now for Turkish teams than any other player.

I understand the situation of Vargas. But its not fair when teams (NTs) try to Hire Players with no history for the good of their NTs.

Even in youg ages. Seems not the fair. I expect that FIVB changes this with the restriction of naturalized players even in Young ages.

There will be no interest in NT if the teams could hire a player that they want.

I think that the cuban cases are the most "fair" IMO.

But look how Bad for serbia could have been if Tijana Boskovic could get naturalized.

• Receiving every once in a while when you are playing OPP and having receiving as your main responsibility as OH is different. Vargas has so much potential but she doesn’t seem to improve in the last 3 years. She still is bad at defense and can be easily demoralized after getting blocked. She still doesn’t know how to use block, keeps hitting straight in block rather then using it smartly.

• An underlying issue here are the federations unprofessionalism tbh. It's definitely the case for Cuba and a lot of the Balkans have the same issue and a lot of corruption. Serbia is a special case since they have been doing well for a while and have clear volleyball culture + try to maintain that.

But it's not the case for all countries and the players see no future for themselves and feel the country might even ruin their chances (which they have done often in the past :gone:) unless something changes we could even see more in the future. I know there is Bulgarian players that applied for Turkish citizenship as well.

Also it happens in Ukraine and Belarus very often, which is why Russia and Azerbaijan actually always has a lot of players from there.

• Alexia and her parents actually said they would have never gotten the support, experience and opportunities she did in Romania to make her what's she is becoming.

When and where did they say this?

• will Vargas be counted as Turkish player for the league next year?

I think that For turkish league its more easier.