Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• The league just made the decision prior to the announcement expected to be Thursday. With men’s and women’s team in all levels being in the three prefectures immediately around Tokyo, Chiba, Kanagawa and Saitama all being grouped together for the declaration, it just made sense to wait.

Even though teams at the lower levels are supposedly professional, I am pretty sure that the teams are still semi-professional and that players are still employees at these companies. This would be the GSS, Ohno Oils, Fujitsu types. If the players are workers, there is more interaction than is preferred to prevent the spreading of the virus.

those teams that right now have no chance of being promoted may stop playing in the lower levels. There may be a financial fine in doing so (professional rules). On the men’s side only one team could be promoted Voreas Hokkaido and they are in second place. They want to play at the top level and are club, not a corporate team.

• brahmin I can't follow this news. I'm not sure why you are singling out Tokyo Area. Isn't this a National shutdown of some kind? Okayama (Zip Arena) isn't near Tokyo. Neither is Hiroshima

Do you think this will effect the high school championship? It's in Shibuya!

• brahmin I can't follow this news. I'm not sure why you are singling out Tokyo Area. Isn't this a National shutdown of some kind? Okayama (Zip Arena) isn't near Tokyo. Neither is Hiroshima

Do you think this will effect the high school championship? It's in Shibuya!

At first the emergency announcement is expected to be in the Tokyo area and the three prefectures around it.

https://mainichi.jp/english/ar…10106/p2a/00m/0na/018000c

"Under the coming initiative, the government is considering lowering the cap of 5,000 people for a large-scale event to be held in Tokyo and neighboring Kanagawa, Saitama and Chiba prefectures, which will potentially become subject to the state of emergency."

• At first the emergency announcement is expected to be in the Tokyo area and the three prefectures around it.

https://mainichi.jp/english/ar…10106/p2a/00m/0na/018000c

"Under the coming initiative, the government is considering lowering the cap of 5,000 people for a large-scale event to be held in Tokyo and neighboring Kanagawa, Saitama and Chiba prefectures, which will potentially become subject to the state of emergency."

I see. I've been so caught up with the HS games I couldn't focus on this situation.

• A player on the Gunma Bank team in J2 tested positive yesterday.

Osaka, Kyoto and Hyogo governors are now asking for state of emergencies as well.

https://mainichi.jp/english/ar…10108/p2g/00m/0na/080000c

on the men’s side 3 teams are in Osaka, Hyogo is the home to JT Marvelous (also play sometimes in Osaka) and Himeji.

this where the league goes through some chaos. If teams can play in empty arenas in these prefectures then play can continue. However, schedule would need to be adjusted. Four matches over four days between four teams (each team only plays one opponent over a two day period). Just to ensure reduced interaction. May not be possible with city or Prefecture owned gyms.

• V.League hasn't announced anything yet regarding audience from what I understood but I saw Hisamitsu urging everyone to buy tickets for their homegame at the end of month which I thought was absurd because the rest of the teams are issuing refunds.

• Does anyone know where I can watch Denso vs JT at this perspective/angle? The video is not from V.League or from that Bulyev guy on youtube but I don't know where it's from

• Damn. These dual citizenship corporate teams without a real home but with money for BCS™ shouldn't also get to draft all the best players coming out of school. My baby joins SAGA

Manami Mandai

<3

• What's her position?

Setter. Best setter her first three years in Uni, two Gold, one Silver, but she failed to make the championship her senior year :(

If she plays and makes the transition to big pants, Foluke will love her. She won Championships with her MBs

• all the matches that were slated for this weekend were postponed. VL has yet to release an official statement when matches will resume.

i think suntory is still having problems too

suntory did have their problem right before the final weekend of 2020. Toray men did as well, but train in a completely different city and prefecture than the women.

• One of the league regulations that was changed before the season is the number of games required To end the regular season. If the league has played at least 50% of its regular season matches, then it can in theory be considered a complete regular season if it has to be cancelled.

the league could go towards a Final Stage based on the position of the teams. Win percentage is the first tie breaker, the points, sets ratio, points ratio.

the league could also choose to end the season, just like 2011 after the earthquake and tsunami.