South Korea - Women's V-League 2020-2021

• But it true

I meant the 1. HAN Song-Yi (GS Caltex) part. Them was the good old days before my time

• Just a reminder, the final of Spring National between Sunmyung Girls' High School and Daegu Girl's High School will start soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtzVZS4Ssew

Who should we be looking at closely?

btw - I remember from last year, and watching this now, I don't think this is that far off Japan-HS. It's like JVL and KVL ... different skill sets, different bodies. The only thing I notice lacking is defense, but that's Japan's thing, up through the NT. These players seem more athletic and offense minded, just like KVL over JVL.

I'm glad you posted the reminder. I would have spaced it out

• After I say that about defense all of a sudden there's some real good hustle plays going on. They pass like Europeans tho

• I don't know which team is which ... why are they wearing the same color uniforms?

After losing the first set, which came as a surprise, the team with the white shirted libero starts the second set 9–0. 13–1 now. Assuming they switched sides. I'm confused now :rolll:

#4 on the other team is a hot dog

• If #1 on white libero was a foot taller, left-handed and blond, and hit from the other side of the court I could mistake her for Annie Drews. Nice run up to the attack!

• Who should we be looking at closely?

btw - I remember from last year, and watching this now, I don't think this is that far off Japan-HS. It's like JVL and KVL ... different skill sets, different bodies. The only thing I notice lacking is defense, but that's Japan's thing, up through the NT. These players seem more athletic and offense minded, just like KVL over JVL.

I'm glad you posted the reminder. I would have spaced it out

I'm not sure who to look out for but I think I have some names that might be relevant for the draft later this year.

Sunmyung - #4 KIM Se-In (김세인, 173cm, 3rd year, OH) and #7 YANG Yoo-Kyeong (양유경, 176cm, 3rd year, OH)

Daegu - #1 JEONG Yoon-Ju (정윤주, 176cm, 3rd year, OH), #4 SEO Chae-Won (서채원, 181cm, 3rd year, MB), #10 PARK Sa-Rang (박사랑, 178cm, 3rd year, S)

Some other players from Sunmyung that I managed to get a name to, are #12 LEE Min-Seo (이민서, 175cm, 2nd Year, OPP) and #13 SHIN Eun-Ji (신은지, 175cm, 1st year, OPP) who is playing in the middle.

I think I got the name and the respective number correct.

Edit: I found one other player's name from Daegu, LEE Hae-Reum (이해름, 175cm, 2nd year, OH) wear #13 I think.

• Wow, red libero made it 21–25 after that horrific start. They would have won if they played to 30

"Sunmyung - #4 KIM Se-In (김세인," - She's the hot dog. "#13 SHIN Eun-Ji (신은지, 175cm, 1st year, OPP)" the southpaw is where it's at. 1st year, you go girl!

"Daegu - JEONG Yoon-Ju (정윤주, 176cm, 3rd year, OH)" That's probably the Annie Drews character ... #1

• #13 "who is playing in the middle" on red libero is my pick. Love MB/OP hybrids who take care of OOS balls with authority. I hope she moves to Japan to play 9-ball :)

She must have a half dozen Aces in the match so far. The Bluebells are calling !

• It's remarkable how Korean these kids look from a distance :heart:

Sunmyung(red libero)

No. 4 is the one standing out

She is standing out, has that star strut, you can't miss it, but I'm suspicious of her

• Daegu (white libero) has trouble closing. They've led all three sets in the first half. They might lose this 3rd set if they aren't careful.

Their setter is not doing well trying to feed #1 for a back court attack, but seems to do well up front.

--

Ah They finished it: Daegu (white libero) 2–1 unmyung (red libero)

• White libero needs a new libero. This is going full set for sure

• #4 gets a Yellow Card :what: They up 21–11 . wtf

• I think Sunmyung (red libero) is going to win the Tie Break.

• Congrats red libero people :!:That was fun. I feel a little bad for the white libero people. They fought hard (most of the time) but didn't have what it takes to close out. They did make an admirable run right at the end but, alas.

Sunmyung 3–2 Daegu

#13 SHIN Eun-Ji (신은지, 175cm, 1st year, OPP) gets my vote for MVP but they probably don't give it to freshmen. If they post stats somewhere I wanna know how many Aces she had. They don't post stats for terminating loose balls but she wins that for sure. And gosh darnit, leftys who kill up the middle look MVP cool to me

• Lazareva had a rest last week. Something about her back?

What about now? Is she good and going to play tommorow?