Politics and social issues

• Article from the NewYorker.. clearly they don't have an agenda :whistle:

All media plattforms have some agenda. NewYorker is a liberal magazine and this is reflected in the paper, for sure. With this being said, New Yorker is one of the, if not the most, renowned magazine in the world where more or less all celebrated authors and journalists from America during the last century have made some contributions. The writing style is topnotch, as a rule, and they have more rigorous fact checking than their main rivals such as The Atlantic and Times.

• All media plattforms have some agenda. NewYorker is a liberal magazine and this is reflected in the paper, for sure. With this being said, New Yorker is one of the, if not the most, renowned magazine in the world where more or less all celebrated authors and journalists from America during the last century have made some contributions. The writing style is topnotch, as a rule, and they have more rigorous fact checking than their main rivals such as The Atlantic and Times.

I have lost faith in the veracity of these "top notch" journalists' fact checking these days. completely one sided at most times.

• He should've proceeded with the occupation of Moscow.

And you seriously think that stunt will succeed and the RF government will just sit idly and hand over the reins? I have a bridge to sell you..

• Hope all Israeli and Palestinian people remain safe in these times. It is time for the world to take a firm stance against war and the glamorization of it. Who am I to pick sides when people on both sides are losing family members... Peace and justice needs to be prioritized over selling armory for once...

• Egypt said they don't want refugees from Gaza. which is weird since Muslims should immigrate to wealthy muslim nations that share their beliefs and not go to the west where they are very different.

Egypt is not a wealthy nation lol. Also the fact needs to be acknowledged that the Western countries need to get out of this area in the first place if they want to avoid refugees. None of the Iraq war, Syria war, Israel-Palestine conflict or the foundation of ISIS or Taliban would have happened or at least be what it was without Western intervention. And before some Europeans get mad at me because they don't want to take accountability for the failures of their states, it's the same for us, Turkey was a big contributor in the Syrian war and still causes refugees there. Most of these wars were for oil, using the people or for imperialism purposes/power. I think the middle east should have a Jewish state but let's not pretend that Israel would even exist without western intervention. At least half of them are European immigrants themselves that came and kicked a people native to the area out of their homes.

It is actually sinister and very sad that we sold this notion that in this part of the world war is normal even though it all happened thanks to our impact on the area, but since the Ukraine-Russia war people are not feeling that pov easily anymore and I can see this time around things look different. I went to some middle eastern countries that are considered scary unsafe, like Iraq (Kurdistan Region, Erbil, Duhok and Slemani) and it was much safer than a lot of European cities I went to and way safer than any American city I have ever seen ironically. A quick look online confirmed the crime rates and safety at night as well so it seems that if we don't try to instigate war in the area, it can be very safe.

If we want refugees to stop, maybe we should stop blaming the people that got a missile sent towards their homes and blame all major powers for their hunger for blood, money and power instead of peace. Over a million Palestinians got displaced from their homes already.

• Egypt is not a wealthy nation lol. Also the fact needs to be acknowledged that the Western countries need to get out of this area in the first place if they want to avoid refugees.

I agree on this. USA should stop fueling these wars as well.

But the problem with the refugee crisis as well is that most of those who go to EU are well abled men. Not much women and children.

Also, they don't integrate at all and lots of then rely on government benefits.

If we're strictly talking about refuge, it is logical for them to go to wealthy middle east countries who share their beliefs and values.

To be fair, the almost open border of western nation is also their government's fault (promoting diversity as strength).

• Egypt said they don't want refugees from Gaza. which is weird since Muslims should immigrate to wealthy muslim nations that share their beliefs and not go to the west where they are very different.

Instead of telling where to run away, mention about who is actually chasing them from their home?🤦

• To be fair, the almost open border of western nation is also their government's fault (promoting diversity as strength).

so diversity is not a strength?🤦 No surprise this is coming from a bigot who thinks all japanese women are housewives. You really make me sick 🤢

• so diversity is not a strength?🤦 No surprise this is coming from a bigot who thinks all japanese women are housewives. You really make me sick 🤢

See what i'm saying? You can't even define what a bigot is.

and again, how dare you minimize being a housewife like it's something shameful. Shame on you. Really shame on your fake morality.

Yes, divereity is not a strength. When you force societies that have DRASTIC differences, you create chaos.

Just look at the current state of European nations who have a lot of immigrants (specially from countries with very different beliefs).

But no, your woke ass will pretend not to see that because you want to appear nice and sound nice with your FAKE morality.

Your kind is the kind of people that DO MAKE ME SICK. Fake people.

Ever wonder why after decades... decades... traditionally liberal governments in europe are now voting conservative? Think for once.

• Instead of telling where to run away, mention about who is actually chasing them from their home?🤦

You do have a point. USA and her powerful nations should stop terrorizing the world and acting like the world police. They are the biggest contributors to these wars.

Still, your shallow understanding is still wrong. These oil rich arab countries also make deals with USA ans Europe but they can't help their fellow muslims?

• You do have a point. USA and her powerful nations should stop terrorizing the world and acting like the world police. They are the biggest contributors to these wars.

Still, your shallow understanding is still wrong. These oil rich arab countries also make deals with USA ans Europe but they can't help their fellow muslims?

I kinda agree. Rich Arab nations should take them first since they have the same beliefs.

Also, China can also host them since they have millions of uninhabited houses. This is also a way to really established themselves as a superpower.