Turkey NT 2021

• guidetti is not the only one to blame for Turkey's failure. because it is with guidetti that Turkey achieved its best results.

it turns out that many Turks believe that guidetti will work miracles with Turkish players.

who had a good club season this year? just ebrar and eda. this obviously reflects on Turkey's failure. almost all Turkish teams play with foreigners in position 4. How will Turkish WGs develop?

I do believe that guidetti FAILED A LOT in not giving chances for buse, ilkin, derya and saliha. I also believe that berin yildirim and gizem orge could quarrel with singe.

The failure of Turkish WGs is mainly due to the Turkish league and its teams.

how to explain derya being the fourth of your future team?

when guidetti was the netherlands coach, he soon hired 3 dutch players for his team. why doesn't he have this concern about Turkey? he only played with zehra and ayca this year.

• Yeah I agree with most of this. Guidetti brought a lot to Turkey NT even if he has his problems.

I'm not sure if "throwing out the baby with the bathwater" is right.

• I can't believe some people threating Guidetti as if he is a god or such. Don't we all say he actually refuses to invite players just because of his personal problems to begin with. What did he really add to the team this summer? Nothing. Instead he wears his Vakifbank glasses and tries Tugba who is simply a limited player while he can use other OHs who played a full season.

I completely disagree what dagdelenler wrote. Ilkin played a whole season in GS, Derya played a whole season in Yesilyurt and won challenge cup, even Yaprak Erkek played a whole season with her club. Any other trainer would not even notice Tugba for this summer because she simply was at the bench whole season. How would they watch her and say "yeah, she is NT material". Guidetti is very biased and started to harm the team and people acting like he is some sort of a god is just adding wood in the fire.

• I am not happy with his personal conflicts and choice of players based on their clubs but these things can be changed with right approach and management. Firing a world class coach like Guidetti is unnecessary at this point. I am sure there will be a plan or already is for the future including new, young players after the Olympics. He said he will use the same group of players that he used during this cycle for the Olympics because they are the ones deserved. I don’t agree completely but it is his decision. I also don’t agree with this main team playing whole VNL from beginning to the end yet I see his point because all players underperformed this past season except Ebrar and he wanted them to gain rhythm. Turkey managed to achieve things that they achieved in the recent past by playing constantly because we are not a team consists of world class players in every position.

• 2019 - ECH silver (nearly gold)

2020 - OG qualification

2021 - fired??? :what:

Look, I admit I didn’t watch more than a few games at the VNL (where Turkey still might win bronze by the way) but I think it would be madness to fire a coach who has such a great history and who has mostly delivered good results on the court in his time at Turkey.

I agree that Derya, Ilkin, etc. should be given more chances and that they couldn’t be worse than Hande and Meliha but Guidetti is clearly focused on the upcoming OG right now and rightly so. The reason he wants to stick mostly with the team that got him there is that he knows they CAN produce a high level in important matches and he wants them to regain that form. He doesn’t yet know if he can trust the young players but I’m sure he plans to give them much bigger roles in the team after Tokyo.

Maybe it’s a mistake, he’s no god so he does make them, I’ve criticised him too over the years and I certainly don’t like that he seems to have a grudge against particular players but I can’t agree with firing him. His results tell the most important story and just like in his previous teams, they are a lot more good than bad with Turkey.

• I completely disagree what dagdelenler wrote. Ilkin played a whole season in GS, Derya played a whole season in Yesilyurt and won challenge cup, even Yaprak Erkek played a whole season with her club. Any other trainer would not even notice Tugba for this summer because she simply was at the bench whole season. How would they watch her and say "yeah, she is NT material". Guidetti is very biased and started to harm the team and people acting like he is some sort of a god is just adding wood in the fire.

I was just talking about WG that guidetti used the most, mainly hande - meliha - seyma. I told them they had a horrible season, besides a tugba that didn't even play.

I didn't mention derya and ilkin because they had few chances in the Turkish national team, but they sure were the best WG in the national league.

for me, derya was the best.

• my thoughts on turkey in the league of nations:

cansu - I find her very inconsistent and very emotional. she misses a lot of times and I thought she has missed a lot of serves and has been ineffective in defence.

naz- I believe he will start in OG, but I don't know if I can believe that naz will play so well.

ebrar - was the best Turkish player.

eda- was the real Turkish captain. she is with the selection with joy at all times.

meryem - obviously meryem is in a terrible phase. One mistake was that guidetti did not summon a competitor, burcu could have tried.

seyma-I'd rather not comment on seyma, for me she's one of the worst WG I've ever seen play.

meliha- for me, the worst Turkish WG in the league of nations. she came out with 0% on offense in some games and that's unacceptable.

hande - I think she came out with a negative balance, but hande played some good games, unlike meliha.

tugba- although it was irregular, I think she played better than hande and meliha.

ilkin-she had few opportunities, however in every game she played she did very well.

derya / saliha - not played.

kubra - I'm not particularly a fan of kubra, but I think it played better than asli.

asli - she is a good player for Turkish teams, not national team. it's hard to accept, but that's the reality.

simge- I still don't see simge as in 2018-2019, but it has been trying to improve. she is still making many mistakes in reception and defense.

yasemin - she had few opportunities, i would like to see her play more.

ayca- she played really bad at reception, made some good saves.

• I'm not supporting to idea of firing Guidetti since there are not many other options available that would do better than him. On the other hand, i find it very very selfish that he puts his own ego and friction with certain players over the interest of NT.

This team needs an OH who can score, and we have that girl, called NERIMAN!!! We also need someone who will make a competition to Simge, we have two girls for that! Surprisingly, both called GIZEM

• Netherlands improved so fast under Guidetti's training. Turkey has a large pool of players than Netherlands but somehow didnt improve much. Guidetti's results are great for turkey. Top 4 in all VNL till now plus silver in ECH and spot in Olympics.

• Does anyone know who is Liza Safronova's(captain of U16 Turkey NT) parents are? Is she somehow related to Alessya Safronova?

I don’t know who are her parents are but Alessya Safranova is currently married to Burhan Canbolat, a Turkish coach. Liza might be her daughter from her previous marriage. Below post is from Burhan Canpolat’s instagram, I think that’s her. Liza’s and Allessya’s accounts are private.

Is she any good?

• I don’t know who are her parents are but Alessya Safranova is currently married to Burhan Canbolat, a Turkish coach. Liza might be her daughter from her previous marriage. Below post is from Burhan Canpolat’s instagram, I think that’s her. Liza’s and Allessya’s accounts are private.

Is she any good?

Okey that make sense. I was wondering why would she use Safronova if her father is Canpolat. Didnt know Alessya had another marriage.

I didnt watch her a lot but her stats looks good. She is tall at least

• Okey that make sense. I was wondering why would she use Safronova if her father is Canpolat. Didnt know Alessya had another marriage.

I didnt watch her a lot but her stats looks good. She is tall at least

I don’t know if she had another marriage either, I just thought since she doesn’t use Canbolat, she must be from another marriage or partnership.