Turkey NT 2021

• I would like to talk about it.

Are these players of Bosnian origin and were they recruited to play in Turkey? If they stand out, would they be naturalized Turkish?

Yes, they are Bosnians and they are playing for Vakifbank Volleyball School in Sarajevo. I saw some junior category coaches went to Bosnia a few months ago, I guess that must have been for recruiting. I don’t know naturalization, though idea of opening a volleyball school in Bosnia must have been based on that idea.

• They are searching for new Boskovic or Brankic:lol:

• I believe they are thinking about the Turkish team. There's not much reason to invest in such new players in another country and bring them to Turkey.

I believe this is a guidetti idea.

As I said not only Vakıfbank does this. İlbank, Bursa, Galatasaray and many more search for talents in Bosnia. Meliha and Elif Uzun were brought by İlbank for example. Adis was brought by Galatasaray etc etc.

Vakıfbank is doing same with more budget:lol:

• It's not so crazy. Bosnia has great sports culture and Bosnia and Turkey are as close as two countries can get in relationship. And it's often hard to achieve the same success in a small country. Turkey and Turkish corporations invest a lot in the Balkans lately in general as well.

I don't see an issue with this, they are literally raised and trained by VakifBank in this system.

This all happens with support and help from the Bosnian federations often btw. (For example they were working super hard to fix Meliha's issue at that last tournament)

• She played for Romania A team. At this point I would say she wont play for Turkish NT. Maybe she can play as local in league, who knows

No, for that she needs to play in A team at least once.

• she played in europa league last month

I've meant, she needs to play in Turkish A team to be able to considered as local player in Turkish league

• My thoughts on some players from U16 team

Liza Safronova, OH: Tall, not very athletic but has good technique and most importantly good reception. Because of her looks as much as her qualities she immediately evokes Kimberly Hill.

Defne Başyolcu, OH: More athletic than Liza but weaker receiver. Definitely senior NT material.

Defne Devrim, S: She is the one surprised me the most. Very mature and calm for her age. there’s a businesslike, no-nonsense quality about her you don’t usually see with Turkish players. Precise and stable, nothing flashy. Have good size and athletic. I think she’ll be the successor to Cansu both in Vakıfbank and senior NT. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her with senior NT in 4-5 years…

Bianka Mumcular, MB: Potentially great size, talented but a bit on the soft side, kind of modern version of Bahar …

Ceyda Kuyan, OH: It’s too early to pass judgement but Ceyda seems to be the true gem in this bunch. Very explosive, athletic and tall. You can see she has a feel for the game that defies her age. If she becomes around 1.95m which seems possible I think she has the potential to be an all-time-great player. I’m talking about Sokolova-KYK level here. She is given court time whenever possible which is unusual for a 13 year old. There seems to be some purpose behind this, I am guessing Guidetti plans to get her ready for Los Angeles Olympics…

• I am happy we are finally getting tall players especially on OH positions. There are really talented girls in this generation. Hopefully they wont get lost on the way to senior NT

• defne is playing as Opp during the Balkan championship.

What do you think about Ceyda's twin Ceylin? She wasn't invited to the NT, do you think she is far behind of her twin?