Turkey NT 2021

• I see in the U16 selection the same problem as in the U18 and U20 selection. An explosive opposite is missing.

ipar is not a concrete opposite.

pelin eroktay is a weak opposite.

defne is not opposite either. Mila Gunes started in a few games this year, but played too badly.

• we don'T need an opposite as long as Ebrar is healthy. Even if she is injured a lot of girls can play as opp pretty good: Hande, Derya or Ilkin

• we don'T need an opposite as long as Ebrar is healthy. Even if she is injured a lot of girls can play as opp pretty good: Hande, Derya or Ilkin

it seems like a joke when someone says that hande can play opposite. she can't score well playing as WG, imagine as Opposite, where you have even more responsibility on offense.

derya and ilkin are WG. That's your position.

And ebrar will not be eternal. Turkey definitely needs new players in all positions. This is important for all selections.

btw, there is a rumor that Dalia Wilson changed her position to OPP. We'll see when the season starts.

• it seems like a joke when someone says that hande can play opposite. she can't score well playing as WG, imagine as Opposite, where you have even more responsibility on offense.

derya and ilkin are WG. That's your position.

And ebrar will not be eternal. Turkey definitely needs new players in all positions. This is important for all selections.

It seems like a joke when someone compare offensive capacity of a player when she plays as OH and assumes she will play same way as Opp:roll:

Hande played as opp very well in the past, she does pretty good when she doesn't have to receive also her attack from zone 2 is better anyways.

Derya and İlkin are playing as oh now but both started their careers as opp and played very well as opp. İlkin's reception improved drastically so keeping her as Oh makes sense but i really think Derya should switch back to Opp

• Has any OHs converted to OPP successfully? I can only remember the opposite, with Mari being one of them.

Ebrar was originally OH at youth academy. Then she was switched to Opp during junior NT

• Has any OHs converted to OPP successfully? I can only remember the opposite, with Mari being one of them.

Natalia Goncharova, Paola Egonu, Tandara

• Derya and İlkin are playing as oh now but both started their careers as opp and played very well as opp. İlkin's reception improved drastically so keeping her as Oh makes sense but i really think Derya should switch back to Opp

Although not as much as Ilkin, Derya's reception has improved a lot and I think it would be better if she continued her career as OH.

• Although not as much as Ilkin, Derya's reception has improved a lot and I think it would be better if she continued her career as OH.

I agree, Derya became a decent/Okey receiver. Since there is Ebrar-Vargas(maybe Yağmur and Tutku) it would be a lot better to keep Derya as OH.

Btw why we use OH (who can be scorers) as OPP in U tournaments? Ipar, Derya and Ilkin are examples of this. It would be a lot better to play as OH if they will continue their careers as OH, not OPP.

Why not use Peyman, Pelin, Beren etc who are original OPPs.

• I agree, Derya became a decent/Okey receiver. Since there is Ebrar-Vargas(maybe Yağmur and Tutku) it would be a lot better to keep Derya as OH.

Btw why we use OH (who can be scorers) as OPP in U tournaments? Ipar, Derya and Ilkin are examples of this. It would be a lot better to play as OH if they will continue their careers as OH, not OPP.

Why not use Peyman, Pelin, Beren etc who are original OPPs.

we simply don't have dominant opp coming from these generations. Their career route is determined mostly by their clubs. Since most big clubs have foreign Oops in their roster, they prefer to keep these youngsters as OH. On the other hand, there is a lack of dominant opp in U national teams, so trainers use these players as Opp since their reception is no t good to play as OH anyways

• I remember that guidetti tried in montreux and olympic classification play with hande in opposite and ebrar in wing-spiker and it didn't work.

Hande is not strong enough to be opposite. Nowadays it is very difficult to see an opposite like sheilla, for example, where he played with more technique and skill than strength. Egonu, boskovic, ebrar, tandara are opposite extremely strong.