Turkey NT 2021

• Idk, as a NT they haven't played together since 2019. I feel like this would be an opportunity to take advantage of VNL to prep your players for the Olympics and get some real competition in.

Friendlies and training practices aren't equivalent to playing real serious opponents.

• I believe they will play with main players. I mean thats what I get from their statements

I believe Guidetti has no choice as even the main players of the NT has lot of up & downs in the past season. VNL is the only opportunity to find out what’s the best line up (such as Kubra or Asli), to observe who is in better form and whether those in poor form are able to get back in better shape (such as Hande & Seyma). Just training at home without real matches can’t test the players.

• Idk, as a NT they haven't played together since 2019. I feel like this would be an opportunity to take advantage of VNL to prep your players for the Olympics and get some real competition in.

Friendlies and training practices aren't equivalent to playing real serious opponents.

I guess Turkey, USA, Brazil, and China would be the only 4 top level NTs that bring their best players to VNL then. Probably them for final 4 too.

• i don't particularly see the need for eda, simge, zehra and naz to play the league of nations. Turkey made the choice to play with all its best players in 2018 and in the world championship it failed.

i don't know about china, i always find them a mystery.

about Brazil, i'm brazilian and i say, zé roberto can play even a friendly tournament that he will always play with his best players.

• Turkey made the choice to play with all its best players in 2018 and in the world championship it failed.

That only says that the players may not have been ready (mentally) for such a big stage. Turkey's 2018 WCh campaign is only considered a failure because of its success in the VNL which caused fans to have high (maybe unreasonably high) expectations. Other participating teams don't even have the right to fail in the WCh because a group stage exit or missing out from the final 6 is totally expected.

If Turkey placed something like 7th-10th in VNL 2018 then their WCh performance would have been totally normal.

• That only says that the players may not have been ready (mentally) for such a big stage. Turkey's 2018 WCh campaign is only considered a failure because of its success in the VNL which caused fans to have high (maybe unreasonably high) expectations. Other participating teams don't even have the right to fail in the WCh because a group stage exit or missing out from the final 6 is totally expected.

If Turkey placed something like 7th-10th in VNL 2018 then their WCh performance would have been totally normal.

for me, turkey did not present a good volleyball in the world championship, as well as the united states.

teams like serbia, china and italy prioritized the world championship and did better.

• for me, turkey did not present a good volleyball in the world championship, as well as the united states.

teams like serbia, china and italy prioritized the world championship and did better.

I agree with you. But taking VNL less seriously would not have helped them imo. It was only Guidetti's 2nd year with them and they didn't do well in the 2017 GP. How are they going to improve and gain experience playing against top-level teams if they don't try to qualify for the finals?

• after the olympics, what is the most important championship? obviously it's the world championship. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:X/X/

ok, let's talk about olympics, in 2016, china and serbia played the final. Both teams dind't played their stars at the grand prix in 2016. is that enough for you? :*:*

that was a joke (the USA NT roster was a joke at the 18 WCH)

• I agree with you. But taking VNL less seriously would not have helped them imo. It was only Guidetti's 2nd year with them and they didn't do well in the 2017 GP. How are they going to improve and gain experience playing against top-level teams if they don't try to qualify for the finals?

I understand that Guidetti wants good results in all championships. He used to play with the same players also with the netherland. Guidetti tries his best to climb the ranking.

however in 2019 he played the league of nations without eda and without naz and turkey managed to reach the semifinals playing well, meanwhile he lost to brazil. in the european championship, already with eda and naz, turkey also got a good result.

• they played exactly with the same team that was champion of the league of nations, so why would it be a joke?

OMG avid was joking about his own country. Chill out, honey.

• i don't particularly see the need for eda, simge, zehra and naz to play the league of nations. Turkey made the choice to play with all its best players in 2018 and in the world championship it failed.

i don't know about china, i always find them a mystery.

about Brazil, i'm brazilian and i say, zé roberto can play even a friendly tournament that he will always play with his best players.

Eda & Naz had connection problem throughout the whole season, and it was particularly obvious in the finals against Vakif. They definitely need to play together under the guidance of Guidetti to try to solve this problem. Zehra also has to play with Naz as the last time they played together was already two years ago.

Simge didn’t have a good season either, she was a shadow of herself maybe due to the mess of Ecz OHs. But that’s no way for her to skip the VNL and plays the OG with the form she showed this season.