Japan Women's NT 2021

• You mean Miyashita? Sato is still unable to do anything strenuous similar to Shinnabe. I don't think Rivale even has a physiotherapist. Ageo for example just hired someone from Yakult Swallows after Yoshino got injured.

I do trust Haruka, she's doing fine but still didn't get called, and Nakada seems to love Sato more, so I'm not putting her above Sato :lol:

I'm assuming they're getting different kind of training? If the Momii-Seki-Tashiro messed up, they back to train for VNL

• The 2021 31st Universiade Games scheduled to be held in August of this year have been postponed to some undetermined date in 2022

Source

It's making me anxious that the U20 World Championship is scheduled for July 9th and nary a peep about who's going to be representing.

There was a squad assembled long ago destined to play in the 2021 Universiade and the 2020 Eastern Zonal thing that I'll post here for posterity. Back whenever, they were all still in school. I don't think that's a requirement. I think I read somewhere that a player can be one year out but has to be U23:

2021 Universiade & 2020 Eastern Zonal Wide Roster

1 Manami Mandai S (SAGA)

2 Hitomi Shiode S

3 Tsukasa Nakagawa S

4 Kaya Watanabe Oh (Himeji)

5 Yuri Harada Oh

6 Hina Kawakami Oh (NEC)

7 Koho Hara Oh (Toyota)

8 Mikoto Shima Op (PFU)

9 Rimi Kaneda Oh (Himeji)

10 Yaya Hirakuri Oh

11 Kurumi Takama Oh

12 Ami Yamashiro Op (Kurobe)

13 Marina Takahashi Mb (JT)

14 Mihong Taniuchi Mb

15 Hiroyo Yamanaka Mb

16 Miumi Yoshida Mb

17 Mao Ito Mb

18 Asatoaya Mano Mb

19 Reika Sato Mb

20 Kanoha Kagamihara L (PFU)

21 Riko Fujii L (NEC)

22 Sayaka Daikuzono L

23 Miku Shimada MB/OP (Kurobe)

24 Manaka Hayashida MB/OP

25 Haruna Yamashita Op

Best setters in Japan :drink:

• "Now that we have more time, we need to strengthen the young players. Ishikawa, Yamada, Kurogo and Momoi are becoming the core of the team in terms of strength. I would like to confirm the true strength of these players through international matches, such as in China."

バレー女子代表 中田監督「3つのわが道」で勝つと宣言 期待の若手は石川・山田・黒後・籾井、オリンピック12名選考はVNL後に | バレーボールマガジン (vbm.link)

🙄🙄🙄🙄

• kurogo is so clean looking love it no messy kinder bangs. they almost look like they're the same height there.

i thought koga was supposed to be the 'absolute ace' here then shouldn't she be the one heading the promotions along with araki? 3 at most i believe

• kurogo is so clean looking love it no messy kinder bangs. they almost look like they're the same height there.

i thought koga was supposed to be the 'absolute ace' here then shouldn't she be the one heading the promotions along with araki? 3 at most i believe

She's one of their aces for sure. This is more of an unveiling or like a showcase since Asics also held a showcase for the men's team. Official promotions will happen once VNL starts. Major campaigns will depend on their VNL performance.

• kurogo is so clean looking love it no messy kinder bangs

She's throwing off super model vibes there. Bless her heart for not making hair part of her face

• Volleyball coach Nakata fights for setter "not narrowed down" 12 Olympic representatives will be decided in late June

"When asked if it is squeezed, it has not been squeezed yet. After all, Japanese volleyball is a combination volleyball centered on setters. How to cut cards that can lead to victory firmly Choose the final setter that doesn't make a mistake. "

• I would've believed her if all 5 setters are with the team now. If she decides to bring Miyashita or Sato to Italy, they'd get roughly 3 weeks to prepare and train. With that little time, is it fair to them to then be judged whether their performance will be good enough for the Olympics?

• I wonder if Kotona Hayashi can send Ishii packin'

• ishii is an untouchable. she can only dislodge nabeya i guess

I guess we would have heard Nakada mumbling about Hayashi at a press conference if she was having vibes about her.

It would make a little excitement about the NT. New and bold. Nakada should do it for that reason alone.

• I guess we would have heard Nakada mumbling about Hayashi at a press conference if she was having vibes about her.

It would make a little excitement about the NT. New and bold. Nakada should do it for that reason alone.

Nakada is excited about Momii the most. All the articles I've seen so far are about Momii with some Kurogo

• Nakada is excited about Momii the most. All the articles I've seen so far are about Momii with some Kurogo

It's still possible Hayashi is the secret weapon no one is talking about :cheesy:

I need something. A kid and a super model, if I think of it like that, is not bad. Throw Yamada in there for spice. Didn't we just get some Yamada vibes?

• I'm dying, so I decided to be excited by this. I hope it works out

Sarina Koga - Deputy Captain

• I think Okumura will sit this one out so Yamada can get her chance. Based on what Nakada said in the presscon, wanting to utilize the younger ones plus Nagaoka since people need assurance that she's still got it in terms of attack

For China's roster I only count 17 players in the photo?

• I think Okumura will sit this one out so Yamada can get her chance. Based on what Nakada said in the presscon, wanting to utilize the younger ones plus Nagaoka since people need assurance that she's still got it in terms of attack

For China's roster I only count 17 players in the photo?

The count is true, but now it's 18 -- Gao Yi just showed up again on 20th or 21st April.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”