Japan Women's NT 2021

• I just re-watched the JPN/RA match and it wasn't as bad as it felt like live. Don't know why Momii didn't mix it up as much as last week, but it was NOT because of bad reception. Japan made more reception errors than ya like but those don't even get to Momii. The vast majority that made it to her were excellent. She barely moved.

It is true (and troubling) that Ai and Mayu are not Yuki and Risa in floor defense. But give it to Brazil. They hit hard and found holes.

Highlight for me was Sarina's Yuki Nishikawa-esque flat-footed walk back to the huddles after making a kill :rose:She seems to be taking this more seriously than others. But that's her style.

As an aside: I wish Coach Lovebunny would teach Kurogo how to make kills from zone 3. That's a missing ingredient for me

• fivb's cameraman showing Nagaoka but they wont even cut to Kosheleva during Russia's matches and instead focuses on Goncharova's excessive use of lipgloss

• Momii has been doing more explaining than Araki. During their loss to China she had to explain why Ishikawa and Koga was blocked even though she wasn't the one who was setting Koga. I haven't seen this much exposure for Sato or Miyashita before but with Momii everything is somehow because of her.

Captain Momii

• Momii has been doing more explaining than Araki. During their loss to China she had to explain why Ishikawa and Koga was blocked even though she wasn't the one who was setting Koga. I haven't seen this much exposure for Sato or Miyashita before but with Momii everything is somehow because of her.

Captain Momii

any rough translation? the moment I see this post on insta I just "ahh are they trying to put the blame on her?" lol

• セッターの籾井あきは、試合後に「戦う以前に自分たちが気持ちを出せずに相手におされていた。サーブレシーブからのコンビの精度が悪く、パスが返っても攻撃が決まらず、パサーに負担がかかっていた。攻撃を1回で切ることが必要だった。明日のイタリア戦は相手以前に自分たちの精度を上げていけるようにしたい。個人的にはコンビの精度を上げ、サーブミスを減らしたい」と話した。

After the match, setter Aki Momoi said, "Before we fought, we couldn't show our spirit and were overpowered by the opponent. The accuracy of our combinations from the serve-receive was poor, and even when we passed the ball back, we couldn't attack, which put a lot of pressure on the passer. It was necessary to cut off the attack in one go. Tomorrow, against Italy, we will try to improve our accuracy before the opponent. Personally, I want to improve the accuracy of my combinations and reduce serving errors.

Source

• ishi feels pointless when she only appears for what feels like 15 seconds on the court. whats with that strategy?

Ishii is there to steady the boat when it's off kilter. They don't need it very much right now but when they do she will be there and take care of it. Yuki :rose:

• Momii is the New Saori. Right out of high school two consecutive League Championships and then the Olympics. Leaders emerge. She will be the "face" of Japan for years to come :super:

• Ishii is there to steady the boat when it's off kilter. They don't need it very much right now but when they do she will be there and take care of it. Yuki :rose:

Why is she getting the supporting role and not fighting alongside koga if koga is now the ace? Look at how they did it with the men's team they're putting Shimizu and Takahashi together with Ishikawa they're not waiting around for things to go bad

• Why is she getting the supporting role and not fighting alongside koga if koga is now the ace? Look at how they did it with the men's team they're putting Shimizu and Takahashi together with Ishikawa they're not waiting around for things to go bad

Just my opinion but I think it's clear from the past few years that Yuki is not a player to start and finish matches. But she's gold to have in your pocket. I don't know the men's game for comparison

• Imagine having Momii, Valdez n Fu Xintian playing together :cheesy:

Some people say the only way Japan "grows" is with outside sources

• Just my opinion but I think it's clear from the past few years that Yuki is not a player to start and finish matches. But she's gold to have in your pocket. I don't know the men's game for comparison

But she has always been a starter. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new players and I know Ishii is one of the best players Japan has that's why there's no reason to hold her back

• But she has always been a starter. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new players and I know Ishii is one of the best players Japan has that's why there's no reason to hold her back

mmm ... "best"? , yeah to some degree but I still think she isn't the player to swing 40+-ish times a match. There are other ways she contributes, and believe me I miss them.

• Come on Momii, don't let us down :rolll:

• But she has always been a starter. I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new players and I know Ishii is one of the best players Japan has that's why there's no reason to hold her back

Ishii has been mainly a starter since saori kimura retired. But koga has overtook her as 1st OH. So now she could be either 2nd OH or 3rd switching with Ishikawa. Experience wise obviously Ishii over Ishikawa. But i think Nakada is gauging how Ishikawa will do playing as Starter over Ishii.