China NT 2021

• I tought chinese wall was in china but today it moved to japan

• This two card brings some extra beauty to the court :heart:

In particular the new setter Momii 24, she is cute!

I wish JPN to win the 3rd set, to not lose in straight, almost... still not yet come into realization.... I wish the show went longer, what a pity

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• In particular the new setter Momii 24, she is cute!

I wish JPN to win the 3rd set, to not lose in straight, almost... still not yet come into realization.... I wish the show went longer, what a pity

I was talking about Lui Yan Han and Yao Di :rose:

• I was talking about Lui Yan Han and Yao Di :rose:

ha ha ha... I thought you're talking about the new faces in the senior NT JPN: 19 Yamada and Setter 24 Momii :lol:

But Momii is really lovely, I think her parents are mixed.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• ha ha ha... I thought you're talking about the new faces in the senior NT JPN: 19 Yamada and Setter 24 Momii :lol:

But Momii is really lovely, I think her parents are mixed.

Happy for Yamada. She's growing up. Momii's ... mother, I believe ... is Peruvian

• Actually I hope the Chinese team won't play Zhu; try the new sub walls Wang YY + Yang HY; play Li Yao :D but none happened... the same lineup, biz as usual except the last set. :P

• The match announcer pronounced the names of the Chinese players quite accurately, based on the Chinese pronunciation, either he knows Chinese language or had some prior homework :thumbup: listen to him pronouncing the name of Gong Xiangyu.

Meanwhile, here to watch the replay.

• it opens another option i guess, ZT, LYY, and ZCN as opp to receive. I mean attack wise ZCN is more powerful than GXY and her reception isnt that far away from GXY.

I would describe it as China’s OH ‘conundrum’ ...Zhu seems to be a class above everyone else. ZCN is inconsistent. This could be why LYY fills in as a second or third OH, eventhough, she would make an ideal opposite. The team lacks another power hitter...the likes of Kelsey Robinson perhaps...

China needs to develop and give playing opportunities to young players who have a good reach...Chen Boya and Wang Yizhu comes to mind, but there could be others. Currently there is an unwritten rule to not look at players under 190cm for OH/OP positions..this would sadly exclude the above mentioned 2 potentials...imo this is counter productive. If every coach follows a minimum height guideline, then, Nishida, whom we saw dismantling the Chinese defence in the men’s test match earlier, will not be accepted in any team :|

• Actually I hope the Chinese team won't play Zhu; try the new sub walls Wang YY + Yang HY; play Li Yao :D but none happened... the same lineup, biz as usual except the last set. :P

Me too. Wanted to see how Li Yao plays and how she can relieve GXY when needed. Would like GXY to get more rest time and does not need to play in every match.

• I would describe it as China’s OH ‘conundrum’ ...Zhu seems to be a class above everyone else. ZCN is inconsistent. This could be why LYY fills in as a second or third OH, eventhough, she would make an ideal opposite. The team lacks another power hitter...the likes of Kelsey Robinson perhaps...

China needs to develop and give playing opportunities to young players who have a good reach...Chen Boya and Wang Yizhu comes to mind, but there could be others. Currently there is an unwritten rule to not look at players under 190cm for OH/OP positions..this would sadly exclude the above mentioned 2 potentials...imo this is counter productive. If every coach follows a minimum height guideline, then, Nishida, whom we saw dismantling the Chinese defence in the men’s test match earlier, will not be accepted in any team :|

it is a pity that players below 190 cm are out of consideration in 🇨🇳🏐NT. Maybe these good 🇨🇳players who do not have the chance to play for the national team should switch citizenships🤣🤣🤣. I am sure they will be most welcome in Japan, Korea or Thailand🤣🤣🤣.

• it is a pity that players below 190 cm are out of consideration in 🇨🇳🏐NT. Maybe these good 🇨🇳players who do not have the chance to play for the national team should switch citizenships🤣🤣🤣. I am sure they will be most welcome in Japan, Korea or Thailand🤣🤣🤣.

well, although that may be an option for them, I don’t think many will pursue that path. Most of them will probably feel happier in China. The few that went to Japan didn’t do particularly well, and I read that some are keen to relocate back to China.

• Is there a China news wrap up?

Anyone find a stat sheet out there?

• 2nd tt is at 16, but my livestream suddenly shows 18

And then I came here to comment, but never saw it get fixed. Score is sometimes slow to update too.

I just re-watched. Yes, at 15–13, Japan point going into TTO it jumped to 18–13. Next China point it went to 16–14

Watching Lang Ping with a mask on so all you see are her eyes is intense. It's like there's strategy dripping from them. She's like Quantum computing in the flesh. I think that's why she usually boils down what she has to say to a few sentences at most. I was a little disappointed in comparison with Coach Lovebunny for Japan talking a bit too much

• I just re-watched. Yes, at 15–13, Japan point going into TTO it jumped to 18–13. Next China point it went to 16–14

Watching Lang Ping with a mask on so all you see are her eyes is intense. It's like there's strategy dripping from them. She's like Quantum computing in the flesh. I think that's why she usually boils down what she has to say to a few sentences at most. I was a little disappointed in comparison with Coach Lovebunny for Japan talking a bit too much

Yeah so firstly I did re-watch and yes, it did get fixed.

I'd rather have the U20 coach talk than Nakata just call a timeout and have them stand there.