China NT 2021

• If China can't defeat Russia they don't have any business in QF... Even China being unrecognizable, it's Busato's Russia, it will be China against a 17yrs old

this. China should be fine, don't y'all worry too much

• Maybe money? Or wanted a different scene?

He was with the netherlands. Then he helped with AU. Looks like he might be with Germany now

There's absolutely no way that the NT is lacking in money with the television viewership and number and quality of sponsors. If it's money then the CVA administrators should all get thrown into the Yellow Sea.

His wife is from Shanghai, it was natural to stay. Maybe he thought Netherlands or Germany would be better for his career? I felt like he was sort of the only one pushing back on the excessive training.

• There's absolutely no way that the NT is lacking in money with the television viewership and number and quality of sponsors. If it's money then the CVA administrators should all get thrown into the Yellow Sea.

His wife is from Shanghai, it was natural to stay. Maybe he thought Netherlands or Germany would be better for his career? I felt like he was sort of the only one pushing back on the excessive training.

He was. I remember watching an interview where he was like horrified at what China was doing.

Looks like he joined the Dutch in 2018... maybe China wasn't happy with the WCH?

• He was. I remember watching an interview where he was like horrified at what China was doing.

Looks like he joined the Dutch in 2018... maybe China wasn't happy with the WCH?

None of that is to do with the strength/conditioning coach though. (rant incoming... )

There were many problems in the 2017-18 year:

who left LYY on the bench for half the year and forced her to receive when she wasn't ready? [JLP]

who let ZCN keep playing even with her injuries? [Jiangsu]

who made ZT play so much in the VNL? [I don't know, probably JLP]

who insisted on beating down everyone in the Asian Games (why does the A-team need to play against India?) [from Yang Fangxu's EPO test issue - probably sports authorities]

who tried Qian Jingwen for a year in 2017? [An jiajie]

who insisted on playing starters vs the weak teams in the group stage? [JLP]

who insisted on playing A-team vs Russia? [JLP]

The worst thing of the last two points is that the coach knew why they lost the 2014 WCh to the USA (Zhu was exhausted from the previous 12 matches). Why didn't they learn? :whistle:

• It's China's volleyball spirit of giving it all in every match. But I agree they have to play smarter to win because China has not won the World Championship in over 30 years and there is a reason for that. Zhu burned out in the final in 14 and burned out the whole tournament in 18 due to non stop playing the whole year, including WCh qualification and Asian Games that didn't need her at all. Anyway congrats to China for winning the women's quadruple sculls.

• It's China's volleyball spirit of giving it all in every match. But I agree they have to play smarter to win because China has not won the World Championship in over 30 years and there is a reason for that. Zhu burned out in the final in 14 and burned out the whole tournament in 18 due to non stop playing the whole year, including WCh qualification and Asian Games that didn't need her at all. Anyway congrats to China for winning the women's quadruple sculls.

Congrats! Medal race is currently very tight (for international fans, I hope you know your flags ;) )

• In case anyone is wondering why ZT is still playing despite injury:

ZT: 52 attempts 19 points 5 errors 36.54%/26.92%

ZCN: 36 attempts 15 points 13 errors 41.67%/5.56%

LYY: 31 attempts 11 points 8 errors 35.48%/9.68%

^seriously, what are these two doing...

GXY: 29 attempts 10 points 4 errors 34.48%/20.69%

YXY: 24 attempts 12 points 2 errors 50%/41.67%

YN: 11 attempts 3 points 0 errors 27.27%/27.27%

• If Russia who brought two liberos out plays China who brought one libero today. :gone:

honestly, if it's a mutual-exclusive choice between

- group stage exit

- qf loss to Serbia (let's be real here, playing like this, they can't win against Serbia)

then I'd rather they have a group stage exit so the coaches and the CVA people can take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror and ask where they went wrong and why they trained their players into injuries. Paris is only three years away and the ages of most of these players absolutely give them time to recover and be a medal contender in 3 years.

As long as the non-players know what they're doing...

• The next game against Italy is a make or break for this team.

Is this going to be another Cinderella story for Lang Ping? We’ll find out in one day…

we both know China isn't winning that. Look at Zhu today and her injuries. And still Lang Ping is not subbing her out

• We still dont know if Serbia will be first.

• On TV i saw different stats from LYY.