China NT 2021

• I kinda want to see one of Wang YY or Yang HY start against DR today. They could use the experience blocking the heavy hitters B. Martinez and DLC.

• I kinda want to see one of Wang YY or Yang HY start against DR today. They could use the experience blocking the heavy hitters B. Martinez and DLC.

Yup, better to start with blocking the heavy and slow hitters of DR and Russia before being sent against the fast USA, Italy, and Japan.

• how popular is the women's volleyball team in China? most viewed sport at cctv5+ (note: 5+ is the secondary sports channel, cctv5 is broadcasting Euro 2020 or some random stuff)

in the livestreams there can be upwards of 200k+ viewers.

Also I think that CCTV-5 is an openly available sport channel in the households in China while the CCTV-5 Plus is a PREMIUM channel, by subscription. I read some curses for not having access to CCTV-5 Plus in some volleyball fan posts, criticizing CCTV for doing the coverage thru Plus service. is it right?

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• still need to shake the rust off the late six, the same starters against DOM

DOM also has no big Martinez and Delacruz and their main setter, they know thus save power, they're playing for learning!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• Also I think that CCTV-5 is an openly available sport channel in the households in China while the CCTV-5 Plus is a PREMIUM channel, by subscription. I read some curses for not having access to CCTV-5 Plus in some volleyball fan posts, criticizing CCTV for doing the coverage thru Plus service. is it right?

I'm not sure, but yes, people were cursing CCTV for showing soccer on the main channel and volleyball on the plus channel.

• DOM played so good as of set #3, the team became a very tough nut to crack! Thumbs up for the venerable team!

• If this was an Olympic quarterfinal, Gong would've been subbed off and Zhang in.

Also, two liberos and three outsides to tokyo please.

At this rate, I see it happening. Lang Ping shuffling Wang MJ and Lin Li could be hinting at that.

• I was right, after the block to win the match Yuan and Li Yao looked at each other and had a screaming fest. Lol :D

I wish Li Yao can do more than just scream :what:

at this level, the game is getting more physical and LY’s low reach in spiking and blockingis not effective at all imo....Gong is about the same size but she has a better reach and superior all round skills. It is interesting that even within her club Guangdong, there is player whom I feel is more suitable in the opposite position....Chen Peiyan. A lack of experience is often the excuse for not selecting Chen but this is not entirely true...Guangdong played in the 2019 World club c’ships and Chen played against players like Egonu and Isabel Haak....anyway it’s just a thought...the selectors will probably select an outside hitter/opposite from either Li Yao, Liu XTong or Liu YHan....

So the Olympic squad will comprise...2 L, 2 S, 3 MB and 5 OT/OP.

• A lack of experience is often the excuse for not selecting Chen

it's funny that fans come up with this excuse for not selecting her or some of the other young ones. What experience does Li Yao have?

And unlike the kids, she's the same age as ZCN (25).

• I'm more concerned about Zhu's wrist and Zhang Changning's leg. Hope everyone stays healthy. Zhu needs a long break after Tokyo.

China's weak link is definitely the libero position. Bringing two might not be a bad idea but will affect back row attack if both Wang/Lin are on the court for defensive purposes. I want to see Lang Ping try Zhu-Li-Zhang lineup.

• I'm more concerned about Zhu's wrist and Zhang Changning's leg. Hope everyone stays healthy. Zhu needs a long break after Tokyo.

agreed, no more VNL for her after Tokyo.

China's weak link is definitely the libero position. Bringing two might not be a bad idea but will affect back row attack if both Wang/Lin are on the court for defensive purposes.

Wang and Lin should alternate. You can have 10 normal players and 2 liberos in a 12 person roster. defence in general is not the problem, the problem is a good libero.