CEV Champions League 2021 and 2022

• Voronkov had been disappointing again in attack, but his receiving contributed a lot to Kazan. The team showed character!

Hope the long pause won't break the game rythm

• It's kinda difficult that Kazan wins this golden set.

• What a match! High, high high level. Pure vball :sos::sos::sos:

• Really entertaining match!

I am happy for Zaksa honestly, I think that they pull out their best and considering their campaign so far they deserved it - Everyone contributed.

• Maxim just received a few sets in the golden set and that’s why Kazan lost it

I agree. Congrats to Zaksa, for such a hard working win. Despite of they lost tons of match points, they did it at the end. Despite of all that, they didnt surrender and keep fighting.

Nevertheless, Kazan's main mistake during the tie-break was not to fed Maxim more and let the 8-4l lead. Butko and Golubev should have set just one extra ball to Maxim, who was almost perfect during the end of 4th set and tie break. For me, that was the key. Despite of that mistake, the lost 15-13.

• Kazan with Leon could be unbeatable this season :gone:. It's good to still see Mikhailov in such great shape, it's good for Russia. I don't know why Voronkov with such potential is on the bench, it's better to go to another club. Ngapeth was great today as well :obey:

Congrats to Zaksa. What a game today.

• Semeniuk aka prince charming. Watching ZAKSA’s defense, it just makes it seem so easy. Amazing match, I am thrilled and need to calm down, I can’t imagine how players feel. ZAKSA could have and should have closed in 4th set and albeit they were leading, they couldn’t make it. I hope they will win CL this year, they weren’t my favorite at the beginning but they have rightfully won my heart.

• I agree. Congrats to Zaksa, for such a hard working win. Despite of they lost tons of match points, they did it at the end. Despite of all that, they didnt surrender and keep fighting.

Nevertheless, Kazan's main mistake during the tie-break was not to fed Maxim more and let the 8-4l lead. Butko and Golubev should have set just one extra ball to Maxim, who was almost perfect during the end of 4th set and tie break. For me, that was the key. Despite of that mistake, the lost 15-13.

Golubev was like he didn’t know how to set to the right. All of his bump sets were to pos.4. He consecutively bump set to pos.4 for 4 or 5 times in the rally in the Golden set and completely forgot Maxim, who was the one to save Kazan and dragged the match into the decider. Poor Maxim...

• Semeniuk aka prince charming. Watching ZAKSA’s defense, it just makes it seem so easy. Amazing match, I am thrilled and need to calm down, I can’t imagine how players feel. ZAKSA could have and should have closed in 4th set and albeit they were leading, they couldn’t make it. I hope they will win CL this year, they weren’t my favorite at the beginning but they have rightfully won my heart.

Semeniuk:rose::rose:

Honestly who would have thought Zaksa would be in the final this season before. Many believed the final would be between Lube and Perugia due to the Cuban powerssss they have. Zaksa doesn’t have those star players and they probably have the toughest draw as well, but they really play like a team as every players in the teams played their own roles to defeat the giants of Lube & Kazan. Their ability to defense is something I rarely saw in men’s game before.

• Semeniuk:rose::rose:

Honestly who would have thought Zaksa would be in the final this season before. Many believed the final would be between Lube and Perugia due to the Cuban powerssss they have. Zaksa doesn’t have those star players and they probably have the toughest draw as well, but they really play like a team as every players in the teams played their own roles to defeat the giants of Lube & Kazan. Their ability to defense is something I rarely saw in men’s game before.

and during those slow motion replays, what caught my attention is how ZAKSA’s players are not afraid when they are in defense position, how they don’t even blink an eye. They just defend the ball and act like it is nothing. Most players would try to avoid most of the balls instinctively whereas ZAKSA is just fearless.