• Btw, is this the first time these two teams meet? I dont recall any other previous match. I know Slovenia had to play WL division 1, so they would have face Brazil there, but then WL turned into VNL and they lost the right to play it, which was a scandal.

• Btw, is this the first time these two teams meet? I dont recall any other previous match. I know Slovenia had to play WL division 1, so they would have face Brazil there, but then WL turned into VNL and they lost the right to play it, which was a scandal.

Hmm I know they played 2 friendly matches a few years ago, but I think they've faced each other before? WCH 18 perhaps?

ETA: Yep, 3-0 for Brazil in 2018: http://www.fivb.org/vis2009/getdocument.asmx?no=256120072

If I am not wrong, they played only once, in the last world championship and Brazil won

• Hmm I know they played 2 friendly matches a few years ago, but I think they've faced each other before? WCH 18 perhaps?

ETA: Yep, 3-0 for Brazil in 2018: http://www.fivb.org/vis2009/getdocument.asmx?no=256120072

Yes, I checked it cuz I was curious to know. As you pointed out, it was an "easy" 3-0 win for Brazil back then. Slovenia has basically the same players. They have improved a lot.

• Yes, I checked it cuz I was curious to know. As you pointed out, it was an "easy" 3-0 win for Brazil back then. Slovenia has basically the same players. They have improved a lot.

The main difference is Toncek Stern's improvement imo. Gasparini was the starter in 2018 and he's pretty much done these days.

• The main difference is Toncek Stern's improvement imo. Gasparini was the starter in 2018 and he's pretty much done these days.

Stern has indeed improved a lot, but I still think he is too shaky. He has very good matches, but then super poor ones. But as you said, Gasparini top days are pretty much done.

Another improvement would be Ropret over Vincic. IMHO, Vincic has been the weakest link of SLO Nt for many years.

• I only remembered Canada is actually going to Tokyo - I was SHOCKED.

Slovenia to take their spot please

Canada did beat the Cuban team with Simon playing to qualify, they earn their spot by that hard fought match. It’s just the sad reality for the European teams that only a few out of so many great teams could qualify as the competition is so tough there.

• Are the Final 4 teams Brazil, Poland, France and Slovenia? Or does some other team has the chance to break in to Final 4?

• Canada did beat the Cuban team with Simon playing to qualify, they earn their spot by that hard fought match. It’s just the sad reality for the European teams that only a few out of so many great teams could qualify as the competition is so tough there.

I still remember Bulgaria was close to beat Brazil leading 2-0, only for Brazil to win in the end :gone:

• Slovenians need to chill out a bit. If it were a different referee they would have got a yellow card already.

Wallace playing well.

wasnt paying attention to Set 3, did someone get a yellow/red card?

• wasnt paying attention to Set 3, did someone get a yellow/red card?

Ropret got a yellow card in the middle of the third set.

• this Slovenian team needs to take it easy

• when will Lucas join the team??