Poland NT 2021

• I’ve read that Heynen keeps saying he is not going to bring the best individual players to OG but the players that works best for the team. Does that mean he is preparing to exclude Semeniuk? If so, I will be so angry.

If that is true, Leon would be the first one. Semeniuk is a great addition to the team.

If Poland is to do well in Tokyo, Kurek & Kubiak have to be in form like in WCH18 final stage.

Semeniuk would be a upgrade from Szalpuk with his better passing.

But we all know Heynen is going to start with Leon:wall:

• If Kurek is still not close to his best form shown in WCH18, I hope Heynen has the gut to move Leon to play as Opp, or arrange Leon as non-receiving OH and let Sliwka to play as receiving Opp. I know it’s not likely to happen, but I’m still not convinced with the games with Leon receiving.

• If Kurek is still not close to his best form shown in WCH18, I hope Heynen has the gut to move Leon to play as Opp, or arrange Leon as non-receiving OH and let Sliwka to play as receiving Opp. I know it’s not likely to happen, but I’m still not convinced with the games with Leon receiving.

Highly unlikely Leon will be non receiving OH. Ter Horst (not that he is great at passing) may have passed a few in Perugia instead of Leon but you can tell it's not how Heynen wants to play.

Good idea. Not a usual system, but something that could work well. Sliwka is a left if i am not mistaken

If Kurek is struggling on scoring, Kaczmarek or Muzaj would come in; Sliwka is sub for Kubiak.

If Leon is struggling on passing:

option a. Semeniuk subs in

option b. opposite helps with passing for a round or two; Kurek played OH in London 2012 and Kaczmarek helps with passing in Zaksa

Kaczmarek chocks sometimes but also can serve ace the next point in a lot of key matches

What he can bring to the table as opposite is his defense and passing, thanks to his early training in beach

• Highly unlikely Leon will be non receiving OH. Ter Horst (not that he is great at passing) may have passed a few in Perugia instead of Leon but you can tell it's not how Heynen wants to play.

I know Leon not receiving is not likely to happen, just my wish.

And that’s why Perugia lost nearly all important games and Heynen got fired.:whistle:

• Kaczmarek may not be a power opp but he is an all around player who could contribute in other aspects of the game as well and that is precious in my eyes.

• Kaczmarek may not be a power opp but he is an all around player who could contribute in other aspects of the game as well and that is precious in my eyes.

Definitely! I rewatched a couple matches of Zaksa vs. Lube/ Zenit/ Trentino in the past CEV CL. So many key points starting from Kaczmarek's defense, and then Toniutti's skillful set to the net.

• Szalpuk had average-to-poor past three seasons, it was suprising for many that he was called up for a training camp this year in a first place.

Drzyzga
    Kurek

Kubiak, Leon, Śliwka

Nowakowski, Bieniek, Kochanowski

Zatorski

are all a safe bet to go to Tokyo

Janusz hasn't played in NT as a starter too much so far, so I'll put Łomacz as well, despite a fact Janusz was much better throughout majority of last season.

That leaves 2nd opp - and although Kaczmarek had much better season than Muzaj, and I think he's a better player as well, he was rather underperforming in 2019, so it leaves a question mark considering that Muzaj was a first option for Heynen (although he was subpar as well) the last time.

The 4th OH position all depends on Heynen's expectations: if he wants a natural sub for Leon (offensive OH), that's Bednorz, if he wants a more versatile role player, that's definitely Semeniuk, I wouldn't cross out Fornal, who played really well in the finals of a league, but it is highly unlikely. I'd go with Semeniuk, and I think Heynen will do the same.

The starting lineup:

Drzyzga-Kurek

Kubiak-Leon

Bieniek/Kochanowski/Nowakowski

Zatorski

The only question mark is MB position, those opinions that Heynen shouldn't play with Leon are pretty controversial, and it's really hard to think about this way, there's no coach in the world who would be that bold. It all depends on a shape of Kubiak, Leon, Kurek and Drzyzga, theoretically there's no other NT, who has as much offensive power (Kurek, Leon) with so good receiving players like Zatorski and Kubiak, but in reality (although without Kurek) we saw in 2019 that Kubiak isn't a safe bet anymore (weak performance against Slovenia), and Drzyzga can put his team to the ground if he has a bad day. It's quite like Italy in female volleyball (shaky setter, elite libero, great MBs, great offensive weapon, great all-around OH, similar playing style), the only difference is depth on OH position, it's even similar that both teams struggle to make semifinals in Olympics traditionally, so curious to see if both teams finally make a step forward, because it looks like both are teams to beat this year in male and female competition respectively. Especially for a supporter of both teams (like me). :D

• I think every single team will serve to Leon throughout the match so that Poland has to play out of system.

Bednorz and Semeniuk are both good subs for Leon, but most likely would be on court when Leon is struggling to pass.

They both have strong serves but Semeniuk is a little bit better at passing; Bednorz was having a hard time in Zenit the past season.

• I think every single team will serve to Leon throughout the match so that Poland has to play out of system.

Bednorz and Semeniuk are both good subs for Leon, but most likely would be on court when Leon is struggling to pass.

They both have strong serves but Semeniuk is a little bit better at passing; Bednorz was having a hard time in Zenit the past season.

Wouldn't say Bieniek/Kochanowski is locked. Klos is in the mix and the best blocker among these 3.

Maybe they will also have 2 men pass system (Kubiak/Zatorski) sometimes. They did that in ECH19.

• Wouldn't say Bieniek/Kochanowski is locked. Klos is in the mix and the best blocker among these 3.

Maybe they will also have 2 men pass system (Kubiak/Zatorski) sometimes. They did that in ECH19.

Bringing Semeniuk to VNL doesn't seem like a surprise as it would be a huge waste to not test him at the international NT level this season. The lack of Kwolek is probably the most surprising.

Would love to see how Semeniuk play with NT setter Drzyzga/ Łomacz or Janusz.

Kwolek was quite picky with the balls in Warszawa the past season, struggling to score often. I believe he is one of the smallest one physically among the OHs, blocking is tough against opposites.

• Would love to see how Semeniuk play with NT setter Drzyzga/ Łomacz or Janusz.

Kwolek was quite picky with the balls in Warszawa the past season, struggling to score often. I believe he is one of the smallest one physically among the OHs, blocking is tough against opposites.

Drzyzga-Semeniuk connection should hopefully be fine. He has a similar tempo as Kubiak.

Just checked and Kwolek (193cm) is actually 2cm taller than Kubiak. His arms are short and he doesn't jump as well as Kubiak too.

I wanted him to become the next Kubiak but his progression is very slow these few years.

He mostly can only score with in-system quick tempo attack. Out-of-system high balls he is tragic.

• Kwolek was pretty great in spiking all season long before playoffs, in regular season he was a first option on offense for Verva because they lacked a quality opposite this season, in Champions League prior to injury he was amazing as well, just in playoffs he was for some reasons physically out of shape and played subpar offensively.

• Poland will play with 19 players, Norbert Huber was called at the last call and will replace one of staff members.

According to some rumors he will replace injured Nowakowski