Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I thought their current coach was supposed to be an upgrade when Asako Tajimi split for Hitachi a couple few years ago. I looked at his resume experience but don't know anything about him. He's been coaching around for more than 25 years :|

He's not doing anything for that team they're stuck in a rut regardless of them wanting to improve this and that it's not happening with his (lack of) strategy.

They should call that charismatic NEC coach you posted before. They need to convene on getting someone who will propose a different system, and understands their players strengths and weaknesses. They don't have any good pairs/combinations.

• Misato Sato (佐藤美里)

:rose:

• Just when you think Japan can't be any more petty than they already are

But hey! How about those all star players they pick for the "Fan Festa"

• If you had paid for V.tv's subscription, will you be able to see the All Star game or it is a special event that is needed to be pay separately ?

• If you have paid for V.tv's subscription, will you be able to see the All Star game or it is a special event that is needed to be pay separately ?

They don't say at this point but previous all star games have been available to subscribers

• I'm glad I downloaded a whole bunch of Coach Dude's analyst view matches from this year and last year. I knew Japan would get around to being shitty about it. That's what they're good at

I love watching those things. If I missed a match because they schedule so many at the same time I would often catch up by watching Coach Dudes. So many of the vtv streams either look like shit or sound like shit

• I'm glad I downloaded a whole bunch of Coach Dude's analyst view matches from this year and last year. I knew Japan would get around to being shitty about it. That's what they're good at

I love watching those things. If I missed a match because they schedule so many at the same time I would often catch up by watching Coach Dudes. So many of the vtv streams either look like shit or sound like shit

I am going in the other direction on the broadcasting rights issue here. Japan is notorious about IP protection, and my guess is that he had a connection who could get him coaching videos, but on a legal basis, it may only be used in certain spaces. He was posting outside of those spaces. Once the league found out, it is not hard to turn it off.

• I am going in the other direction on the broadcasting rights issue here. Japan is notorious about IP protection, and my guess is that he had a connection who could get him coaching videos, but on a legal basis, it may only be used in certain spaces. He was posting outside of those spaces. Once the league found out, it is not hard to turn it off.

its from a site called volleymetrics... it has video and data on a ton of volleyball teams.

im surprised the league was able to claim copyright.... the IOC hasn't claimed any of those videos and they're even more notorious

• Japan should rely on posting Official Highlight reels that show the server hitting the ball twice because the cameras aren't in sync. More bang for the buck with that kind of coverage!

• its from a site called volleymetrics... it has video and data on a ton of volleyball teams.

im surprised the league was able to claim copyright.... the IOC hasn't claimed any of those videos and they're even more notorious

per NCC Japan website on Copyright law, https://guides.nccjapan.org/im…ge-use-and-copyright-laws

On the other hand, Japanese copyright law has different requirements about the need for permission depending on how the image is to be used. In some cases, Japanese law considers the use a citation and waives the requirement to obtain permission

with Volleymetrics, the league is probably ok with it. However, using it outside of that site and posting it on Youtube, is really forcing the league’s hand, even though the videos may not be the official feed for the V.TV stream.

one of the worst IP things, was that the official song of the 2010 World Championships was “I Wish” by Japanese band Exile. It was essentially played during every time out. At the end of the tournament, TBS broadcast a mini-documentary of the Japanese women with the theme song in the background throughout.

Eventually found a video posted with that finale video, and the song. The record company said that the video could not use the song, that was basically linked to the tournament and now couldn’t be. Just dumb

• Was Coach dude monetizing those vids in any way? I know he was getting annoying with all the "subscribe now and love me" interruptions and showing his face like he was responsible for the vids

I don't know how "Like Culture" works but some people seem able to monetize it

But think of all the people exposed to Japanese volleyball because of the Coach Dude videos. That's worth more than the zero amount of money Japan would lose if they left them up ... assuming he wasn't somehow monetizing them. In which case I would make him take them down

• Was Coach dude monetizing those vids in any way? I know he was getting annoying with all the "subscribe now and love me" interruptions and showing his face like he was responsible for the vids

I don't know how "Like Culture" works but some people seem able to monetize it

But think of all the people exposed to Japanese volleyball because of the Coach Dude videos. That's worth more than the zero amount of money Japan would lose if they left them up ... assuming he wasn't somehow monetizing them. In which case I would make him take them down

im not sure if he's able to monetize it... i would guess so? idk why else he would upload the videos

but on the other hand... he doesnt own or add anything to the content so maybe not...

idk... so many volleyball federations/associations are so behind the times in trying to market their product/volleyball... the v league flops