Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Hitachi Himeji match was a riot. Back to back full sets . I believe Plak played every minute of both of them. Brewski time

• 2021.10.24 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Kurobe 0–3 Okayama

21-25

13-25

20-25

54–75

YT

Saitama 0–3 JT

23-25

18-25

20-25

61–75

YT

Hitachi 3–2 Himeji

25-19

22-25

23-25

27-25

16-14

113–108

YT

SAGA 3–1 Denso

25-10

25-21

26-28

25-22

101–81

YT

PFU 3–1 Toyota

17-25

25-18

25-16

25-18

92–77

YT

Toray 3–1 NEC

25-22

25-23

20-25

25-22

95–92

YT

Kurobe was painful. Masuda is overwhelmed being Captain and supposed 'ace'. Negative vibes. Mabashi still 2–3 months out is very unfortunate

Hitachi and Himeji so evenly matched seems meaningful

PFU and Toyota are the fun teams this year

NEC and Toray pretty evenly matched as well. Their two matches were the most volleybally

• I know PFU won (and I havent watched the match yet) but serving KRob seems like a #choice

PFU's coach: "Serve KRob and only KRob"

PFU players: "But she's an Olympics champ..."

PFU's coach: "Did I stutter?"

PFU players: "She also used to play libe..."

PFU's coach: "I:cursing:Said:cursing:What:cursing:I:cursing:Said"

• I know PFU won (and I havent watched the match yet) but serving KRob seems like a #choice

It was also during rallies. It was like what they do in between sets for practice :) She's just standing there and ... boing! I've heard that about her. She knows how to read angles and get in position

• It was also during rallies. It was like what they do in between sets for practice :) She's just standing there and ... boing! I've heard that about her. She knows how to read angles and get in position

She's probably the best passing OH in the world right now. Great defensively too.

Offense is usually her problem, especially against bigger blocks and slow sets.

• She's probably the best passing OH in the world right now. Great defensively too.

Offense is usually her problem, especially against bigger blocks and slow sets.

I still think Toyota is going to be okay-ish. The 3rd pin (and the setter) is the weak spot. No one hit's from the right side very well, but if they get Yukiho Hara back from injury (unknown what it is) they'd be in much better shape.

• Uni Ball Final Results:

GOLD

Tsukuba

11 wins 0 losses Go Tsukuba ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

SILVER

Tokai Mermaids

9 wins 2 losses

NSSU

8 wins 3 losses (set rate 1.933)

Juntendo

8 wins 3 losses (set rate 1.714)

Aoyama

7 wins 4 losses (set rate 1.714)

TWCPE

7 wins 4 losses (set rate 1.667)

Kokushikan

5 wins 6 losses

Kaetsu

4 wins 7 losses

Nihon

3 wins 8 losses (set rate 0.593)

JWCPE

3 wins 8 losses (set rate 0.538)

Shoin

1 wins 10 losses

Daito Bunka

0 wins 11 losses

Individual Awards (Source)

MVP

Kurumi Takama

Tsukuba 4th year

Fighting Spirit

Sayaka Yokota

Tokai 4th year

Best Scorer

Suzuna Kawasaki

Kokushikan 2

Best Spiker

Sayaka Yokota

Tokai 4th year

Best Blocker

Hiroyo Yamanaka

Aoyama 4th year

Best Server

Haruka Oyama

Tsukuba 2

Best Receiver

Natsumi Kodama

Juntendo 1

Best Setter

Shuri Kurata

Tsukuba 3

Serve Receive Award

Natsumi Kodama

Juntendo 1

Libero Award

Rika Funada

Juntendo 2

Newcomer Award

Koto Monta

Tsukuba 1

Lots of youngsters doing well this year. The three seniors will no doubt hit the V.League in a couple months

• Number of blocks determined (per set)

RankPlayerTeamMatchesSetsPoints/set
    1Natsumi Watabiki <3PFU414130.93
    2Akinradewo FolukeSAGA417110.65

jus sayin' :)

• I still think Toyota is going to be okay-ish. The 3rd pin (and the setter) is the weak spot. No one hit's from the right side very well, but if they get Yukiho Hara back from injury (unknown what it is) they'd be in much better shape.

2 sets won and 12 lost? They won the first set today by 8 and lost the match by 15 points……

In 4 of the 12 sets, they reached 20+ points. No set loss has reached a tiebreak.

PFU is not a world beating team, but looking at the standing right now, Toyota and Kurobe are basically going to fight for the bottom two spots. Himeji is much better, PFU too.

• 2 sets won and 12 lost? They won the first set today by 8 and lost the match by 15 points……

In 4 of the 12 sets, they reached 20+ points. No set loss has reached a tiebreak.

PFU is not a world beating team, but looking at the standing right now, Toyota and Kurobe are basically going to fight for the bottom two spots. Himeji is much better, PFU too.

I can see we're going to :box: it out on this one. We'll see. I don't think they'll make the Final 3 :P and will likely be bottom 4, but I don't think they will be pushovers once they get settled and especially if Hara comes back. They could also land a setter like Hitomi Shiode in December and that would help a lot

• sitenoise Tsukuba was where Mandai came from right? where are you watching these?

I tried Univas stream but it blocked me after 5 mins so I gave up

hmm yes on Mandai, and that's where I watch and grab them from. no vpn needed. Occasional buffering but not much

Does it actually put up a "your time is up" kind of message or something?

• Fukuoka Kasuga Seacats are reborn!

FUKUOKA GIRASOL cherishes the bond between the region and people and promotes to V League. I will aim.

• I just started re-watching PFU/Toyota and ... gosh , kind of amateur ball on both sides. Then about 6 points in Toyota Teenager, Sakura Kurosu, kills one from back court and the roof comes off the place. Yabuta (C) and Sakura are going to be a fun tag team, although I'm not sure why Sakura's in the starting lineup every match so far, beyond spirit lifting

#gogoCherryBlossoms :rose:

• I could watch this PFU / Toyota match on endless loop. It's lovable comedy volleyball . Cherry Blossom Girl is a blast. I'm adding 4T to my favorites. I love her style and hope she has an outstanding season. I didn't see this coming, the fake-you-out middle blocker thing. Outstanding :!: