Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Mildly interesting, or not:

Kozue Yukimaru, the ex-Kurobe player who used to do cartwheels when they scored a point, started an org called V.Life to discuss, and etc., what to do next for girls who retire from V.League

• Another new "community based" team on the horizon? : Tokyo Cerisier . There's been a man version for a while, and they've started a women's team this year. Asumi Gaya, who retired from GSS Tokyo Sunbeams this year, is their Captain

Asumi was born in Ibaraki and schooled in Tokyo. I'm intrigued by what seems like a trend (maybe it's that I'm only now paying attention to these minor details) of players returning home to twilight playing or helping their volleyball community grow. Arisa Sato, Yuna Okuyama, Hina Kumamoto, are a few others who come to mind

• Shimokitazawa Seitoku High School Head Coach Yoshiki Ogawa will retire after 42 years :!:

Volleyball Monthly reports

• She's backed by Mami Miyashita who also played for Okayama until she retired last 2020 and a former Toray player. I forgot her name but I used to confuse this one with Nanami Inoue as they look similar-ish

• She's backed by Mami Miyashita who also played for Okayama until she retired last 2020 and a former Toray player. I forgot her name but I used to confuse this one with Nanami Inoue as they look similar-ish

That's cool. I'll guess the former Toray player is Nozomi Itoh ?

[Edit] oops, you beat me

• so Lorene will probably not be returning then as well. Ageo was always just on the outside of the top 4 teams under his control.

I think the team is kind of in an quandary. Good at one foreigner position Jaja, but not at the other. Also domestic players aren’t bad but outside of Uchiseto not great, while getting a good performance from the team. Still when compared to the JT, Toray, Springs and NEC they are a little behind them.

• so Lorene will probably not be returning then as well. Ageo was always just on the outside of the top 4 teams under his control.

I think the team is kind of in an quandary. Good at one foreigner position Jaja, but not at the other. Also domestic players aren’t bad but outside of Uchiseto not great, while getting a good performance from the team. Still when compared to the JT, Toray, Springs and NEC they are a little behind them.

The news bit about "Lorenne's return" home is a little ambiguous , and she's not mentioned in the "勇退" blurb. In the news item about Black Eagle Flag they just say both foreign players have split to play for their home NTs.

I think she's not coming back

• The news bit about "Lorenne's return" home is a little ambiguous , and she's not mentioned in the "勇退" blurb. In the news item about Black Eagle Flag they just say both foreign players have split to play for their home NTs.

I think she's not coming back

For me it is more of the coach that brought her to Japan is gone. If that coach is still there, then it is more on the player if they want to stay. Now, it would be does the new coach want her? She did have a visa, which makes it a little easier to come back, but with the old coach speaking Portuguese, no problem communicating. New coach maybe different language….

• JT Marvelous have pulled out of Asian Women’s Club Championships due to Covid per SMM Sport in Thailand and Volleytrails.

Bummer for JT. They suffered a lot this year

• For me it is more of the coach that brought her to Japan is gone. If that coach is still there, then it is more on the player if they want to stay. Now, it would be does the new coach want her? She did have a visa, which makes it a little easier to come back, but with the old coach speaking Portuguese, no problem communicating. New coach maybe different language….

I read somewhere (and posted about it here) where Marcos said he had no input on signing players. But maybe that has to do only with the Japanese players? It seems certain that he would have had input on bringing Lorenne in, not just a coincidence

I read somewhere jaja is not renewing as well? Not sure if she has other offer from other teams or clubs. So ageo will be a rebuilding team next season with new coach and foreign players.

• Anybody have a good site to follow the upcoming SEA Games? Volleytrails is loose, volleybox is untrustworthy, wikipedia is thin. AVC site doesn't cover it? Is there an "official" site kind of a thing? A site that will have B forms and official rosters? Some good tweetboxers?

Majoy Baron is my future wife :heart:

• I read somewhere (and posted about it here) where Marcos said he had no input on signing players. But maybe that has to do only with the Japanese players? It seems certain that he would have had input on bringing Lorenne in, not just a coincidence

teams have general managers…with the foreign players they will probably get more help from the coach, especially if the coach is a foreigner. Also if the coach has experience with a player, kind of gets a green light automatically. However, if coach and player are both from same country, even with interpreting, coach can say something to a player without fear of mistakes.

• JT declined to participate in the 2022 Asian Women's Club Volleyball Championship due to some of their players and staff testing positive for Covid variant XE.

If you guys follow JT players except Drews, some of them have actually put in story that they went to Sakura viewing during the start of the Spring season

https://www.getsuvolley.com/220421_jt_asiaclub

That was really careless of them. Overall a very disappointing season for JT. Are all the selected players from JT present in NT training?

On the other hand, Kelsey had more vacation days and went everywhere with either Bamrungsuk or her husband and she managed to stay safe the whole time she was in Japan, Thank God.