CEV Champions League 2022

• Is this a reliable source? I’ve used translator, but in order to avoid any conflict since it is a delicate matter, can an Italian user help us summarizing it?

they're reliable. they're saying what may have been presented isn't really the case.

they're saying the Czech's denied the russians visas due to their lack of proper vaccination (not due to political matters) (The Sputnik vaccination isn't recognized and thats what some had)

The exceptions to the rules are only for the extent necessary (that's why players were allowed and the minimum coaches). So the unnecessary coaches weren't given visas.

Moscow chose not to play the match, it was their decision. Well then Novara was guaranteed to advanced... so they went on to THY without their full roster (due to covid) and yea....

they're also saying moscow wasn't tested for covid either, as to make sure the matches were played.

In the end they're insinuating that CEV/FIVB is showing bias towards Russia, whereas Italy doesn't get such.

• well handled CEV. whatever you do goes for the worse.

• In the end they're insinuating that CEV/FIVB is showing bias towards Russia, whereas Italy doesn't get such.

That doesn't make sense. Last round three Russian clubs (2 female, 1 male) had to play even though they had more than 3 Covid cases on their teams (and still couldn't put off the games). Lokomotiv had to play w/o Voronkova, Brovkina, both liberos and they lost against Dresdner, Moscow played w/o their foreigners against THY, Zenit played with their libero Jennia replacing the OH Kliuka and they lost. Meanwhile, other clubs from other leagues could postpone the games. I don't see the "favoritism" Russia has.

• That doesn't make sense. Last round three Russian clubs (2 female, 1 male) had to play even though they had more than 3 Covid cases on their teams (and still couldn't put off the games). Lokomotiv had to play w/o Voronkova, Brovkina, both liberos and they lost against Dresdner, Moscow played w/o their foreigners against THY, Zenit played with their libero Jennia replacing the OH Kliuka and they lost. Meanwhile, other clubs from other leagues could postpone the games. I don't see the "favoritism" Russia has.

The bias is coming from the fact that CEV is allowing the forfeit to be un-forfeited. Moscow chose not to compete.... but then reversed that when it was in their favor.

It's unfair, in their opinion, to Novara, who in that situation had already clinched qualification.

• The bias is coming from the fact that CEV is allowing the forfeit to be un-forfeited. Moscow chose not to compete.... but then reversed that when it was in their favor.

It's unfair, in their opinion, to Novara, who in that situation had already clinched qualification.

They decided to forfeit because the Czechs gave visas just to the players and the head coach (not doctors, etc). What happened if some player gets injured in the game? The head coach is supposed to be the coach, the doctor, the statistic, etc at the same time? "In their favor". I think Moscow would've won no matter what date they played.

IMO, it's just two clubs that decided to postpone their game (just like Kazan did with Fenerbahce). I don't think CEV forced Liberec to play that game... If they'd have refused to play, CEV would've accepted the 3-0. But Liberec also wanted to play and that's fair.

• They decided to forfeit because the Czechs gave visas just to the players and the head coach (not doctors, etc). What happened if some player gets injured in the game? The head coach is supposed to be the coach, the doctor, the statistic, etc at the same time? "In their favor". I think Moscow would've won no matter what date they played.

IMO, it's just two clubs that decided to postpone their game (just like Kazan did with Fenerbahce). I don't think CEV forced Liberec to play that game... If they'd have refused to play, CEV would've accepted the 3-0. But Liberec also wanted to play and that's fair.

That happened because of the rules of the Czech Republic. Liberec/CEV do not control that. Moscow knew that and thus said they were not going to play. Every other team had abided by those rules.

Moscow would've won, but that doesn't change the principle. Novara went into the THY match thinking they had qualified. That that result did not matter... that is what is unfair.

Moscow changed their minds (about playing) when it was to their advantage (when Novara lost to THY). That is the article's point. The match (Moscow/Liberec) wouldn't have been replayed without that result.

• That happened because of the rules of the Czech Republic. Liberec/CEV do not control that. Moscow knew that and thus said they were not going to play. Every other team had abided by those rules.

Moscow would've won, but that doesn't change the principle. Novara went into the THY match thinking they had qualified. That that result did not matter... that is what is unfair.

Moscow changed their minds (about playing) when it was to their advantage (why Novara lost to THY). That is the article's point. The match (Moscow/Liberec) wouldn't have been replayed without that result.

Actually, Moscow changed their mind because they found another way to get the Visas and enter the Czech Republic. Indeed, the Italian embassy helped them to get those Visas. Now, Italians say that it's unfair when they helped them. It's weird.

You can read this interview which is from over a week ago. https://vldinamo.ru/news/ekv_otmenila_tehnicheskoe/

- Who will now issue visas to the five employees of the Dynamo headquarters, to whom the Czech embassy refused to issue a Schengen?

- We will receive Schengen visas through the Italian embassy, we are already doing it. We have time. The Italian side is helping us in this, the Italian Olympic Committee has joined this problem, Zinichev told Match TV.

-------------------------------------------------------

BTW, I don't think Moscow went to Italy thinking that they could beat Novara (after what happened in the match in Moscow).

• I don't know anything about european/EU visas, just saying what the article was saying.

But I would imagine the league/novara didnt have any say in that, given they sent a formal complaint about the situation to the CEV.

Rather Italy, working with them since they were scheduled to be in italy anyways, found the loophole for them to play in the Czech.

• - Dynamo counted a lost loss. How did the events unfold further?

- In addition, together with Dukla, we turn to the European Volleyball Confederation with a request not to count the technical defeat of the Dynamo, given the insurmountable circumstances that have presented themselves for the arrival of our team in full force, but to give us the opportunity to play this match on February 13 in the Czech Republic. To ensure that the group stage game program is fully implemented and that no one is dependent on insurmountable problems that are not related to volleyball.

The CEV took several days to comprehensively analyze this situation. Tonight we received a response saying that the CEV supports the call of Dynamo and Dukla and gives us the opportunity to play the game of the 5th day of the group stage on February 13 in the Czech Republic. With which I congratulate the Dynamo fans, all the people who believed in sports principles! I don't know how the Dynamo's remaining two games in the group stage will play out. I think our players are simply obliged to reward our fans with an uncompromising fight and a good game so that we don't have to blush for the team in these two very important matches in terms of the tournament.

• The point of the article isn't about Liberec wanting to play.

Moscow forfeited. Novara, qualified, planned accordingly against THY.

CEV allowed the forfeit to be undone (which isn't a thing, you can't "unforfeit" a match.) ... which screws Novara.

It's the principle of the matter that's the issue.

• So desperate argument, inappropriate in relation to the reputation of a team like Novara, as well as their game last night.

• Moscow didn't forfeit. They wanted to reschedule the game, but the CEV took several days to analyze the situation and gave the match as forfeited (and then changed their mind).

The CEV took several days to comprehensively analyze this situation.

That interview was given a day after that scheduled match, so both Moscow and Dukla asked to put off days before the match, but they didn't get an answer. So, it's CEV's fault. Well, I just wanted to make clear that Russia isn´t CEV and FIVB's favorite. No way.

• So Novara wanted to go through by measures of Moscow being DSQ'd?

Ok. But if they would be that would seem biased as well, at the end of the day keeping the format as is seems the fairest to me and that's by winning your matches. Idk how anyone can oppose that.

Novara should have beaten Moscow if they wanted to go through that's the point of these competitions idk 🤷‍♀️

• So Novara wanted to go through by measures of Moscow being DSQ'd?

Ok. But if they would be that would seem biased as well, at the end of the day keeping the format as is seems the fairest to me and that's by winning your matches. Idk how anyone can oppose that.

Novara should have beaten Moscow if they wanted to go through that's the point of these competitions idk 🤷‍♀️

No one is arguing that (that Novara should've beaten Moscow)

the point is they played a match (vs THY) under a different pretense, thinking that had qualified. And CEV went and changed that. That's unfair to Novara.