S.Korea - 2021-2022 V-League (Women)

Oh no, looks like techinical timeout still being applied to vleague next season 😓.

also regarding touch out will still in favor of the defender instead of the attacker.

For technical timeout, I can understand if they need them to sneak in some commercials for the $$$.

For touch out, I don't understand why they just wouldn't use FIVB rules so that the players are conditioned for international competitions. KYK got caught a couple of times in V-League this year because of that.

• Referees will be able to check video footage themselves (without video challenge from teams) to make a decision this coming season

Also, KOVO Cup in 2 weeks

Curious to see how KGC will fare against GS. Personally interested in Hillstate.

Which teams will yall be watching this 21-21 season?

• Which teams will yall be watching this 21-21 season?

KGC (they paid exorbitant amount for Soyoung) + I haven't seen Hoyoung played before, there's a lot of rara over her in the pervious thread.

Hillstate (Da-In! really wanna see her growth) and i would think the new coach would implement some "lavarini style" into his coaching too.

Pretty much those two. Oh! I hope Heejin gets to play OP in her club, if not... such a waste of talent.

• Hoyoung - there was media hype, she was one of the rare few high schoolers who joined the NT before pro debut, plus had the 190 height to match KYK unlike LJY. She was heralded as "the next KYK" by the media greatly.

But what changed is that her injury that put her out at the start for her entire first pro season + her switch from being a spiker in the same position as KYK to a MB (not sure why KOVO put her as Left though) People thought it may have been the coach's decision but she wanted that herself too

Heejin - Read an old article that the new IBK coach intends to continue using her as MB, which is also expected since their foreigner is an OPP, doesn't make sense for HJ to be a backup player.
    I really wonder why KVA isn't concerned about the lack of strong Opp candidates in their NT and over-reliance on foreigners in that role. They are too complacent with having Heejin alone.

Soyoung - aside from this season, she had many seasons in GS where she was plagued with injury and missed a large part of them. It's only after her "Soyoung sunbae" nickname and her improved performance this year where she stood out more. I like her, but 6.5억 is indeed exorbitant.

Her defence is top-notch for an OH, but her offence often leaves you wanting more (except 2nd half of 20-21 season)

Hillstate is a solid team which has played together and proved themselves in 2019, just whether Dain can step up to the plate and fill the role of a setter.

KGC has a solid roster of strong individuals in each position too, but feels more experimental and put together - still, interesting to watch.

• The mindset is always win first, national team later.

This goes all the way to middle school and highschool, where win is more important than player development, all tall player put into MB without learning a proper defense.

650 for LSY may seems to much, but they need the culture and leadership beside the skill, and of course the fandom too.

• I really wonder why KVA isn't concerned about the lack of strong Opp candidates in their NT and over-reliance on foreigners in that role. They are too complacent with having Heejin alone.

This. I think Tokyo 2020 was a great example of relying on Heejin alone for OP. Basically nobody is able to cover her if she's down with injuries or not in good form. They can't assume she'll always be there, and play in every match. (i think she's being bogged down with injuries since 2019-2021 for playing too much? correct me if im wrong).

Jiyun is a good potential, but she also needs to start playing OP at club level, else she'll never improve.

The mindset is always win first, national team later.

This goes all the way to middle school and highschool, where win is more important than player development, all tall player put into MB without learning a proper defense.

650 for LSY may seems to much, but they need the culture and leadership beside the skill, and of course the fandom too.

Sad truth about wins and no developments. Hopefully some form of change could come its way, will it ever? haha

Talking about fandom, i think the clubs will see their merchandises fly off the shelves this coming season - especially those of Heejin and Jeongah :woohoo:

• KOVO has posted the official schedule for the 2021 KOVO Cup was on their website.

Sources: 1, 2, 3

For those who don't know already, Pepper Savings Bank will not be there at Uijeongbu for the KOVO Cup.

Also, it is still unknown if foreign players can play at the KOVO Cup because FIVB has not issued the ITCs for the foreign players. (1, 2)

• I suppose we'll see longer rallies and more digs this KOVO Cup without the foreign players 😅

And bad news for the NT members since this may mean their clubs will require them to start competing immediately without much rest after Olympics. Hope they have the conscience to allow injured or recovering players to rest 😬

Since there are no more AVC commitments I feel like clubs will very likely play their NT members in the KOVO Cup, even moreso now without their foreigners.

Though it'll mean a less competitive Cup to watch, KOVO Cup has always been a good chance for reserve players to step up and show how well they can perform. Also actually a very good chance to see how each team's back-up Right/OP can perform now without the foreigners too, they usually don't get to since teams rarely sub out their foreigners unless they are having a bad day or injured. (i.e. Ha Hyejin's lack of playing time in Hi-pass since her position was Right/OP)

On another note, I really wonder how Elizabet Varga has been training with Pepper

They don't have 12 members to train 6v6 (though their coaches can join in as players), and both their setters are young rookie setters (Lee Hyun & Gusol)

• I suppose we'll see longer rallies and more digs this KOVO Cup without the foreign players 😅

And bad news for the NT members since this may mean their clubs will require them to start competing immediately without much rest after Olympics. Hope they have the conscience to allow injured or recovering players to rest 😬

Since there are no more AVC commitments I feel like clubs will very likely play their NT members in the KOVO Cup, even moreso now without their foreigners.

GS and IBK players minus Hee-Jin will start recovery training from today or tomorrow. Players from Hyundai, KGC, and Park Jeong-Ah will have the rest of the week off. Source: 1

• GS and IBK players minus Hee-Jin will start recovery training from today or tomorrow. Players from Hyundai, KGC, and Park Jeong-Ah will have the rest of the week off. Source: 1

Guess this likely means they will all be joining team training sooner or later (either this week or the next) and then participating in KOVO Cup too I suppose :gone:

Also, Pink Spiders recruited Byun Ji-Soo (24 / 181cm / #6) as Middle Blocker, she used to play for IBK from 2015-2020

• Anyone knows how and where to watch the Kovo Cup?

Should be the same as watching v-league matches, on Naver live with Korea VPN

Forgot if its broadcasted by KBS or SBS

If SBS you might find it on aqstream, if KBS then you'll need VPN

If not you can always wait for uploads on YouTube or Naver afterwards

• Some interesting new videos

KGC

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6B93FlFmBAd9w6Aa_rsvA

Lee So-young goes to the radio station (KBS Cool FM) and meets her idol Apink's Eunji

Full version of the interview here with a cameo from Kim Hee-jin

GS Caltex

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUJoKkFr5ReBgz6ABhGzvdg

Meet Laetitia

Laetitia work out and cooking

Laetitia MBTI

IBK Altos

https://www.youtube.com/c/IBK%…86%A0%EC%8A%A4TV/featured

Rebecca's quarantine journey

Kim Su-ji's interview

Kim Hee-jin's interview

Pyo Seung-joo's interview