2024 Paris Olympic Games

• That's the beauty of this Olympics, we have teams like Dom, pol, jpn and Canada who are capable of beating other top 6 medal contenders. This is really something new for Olympics! That's why I'm extra angry that we have 3 groups of 4 instead of 2 groups of 6. These teams deserve to battle against each other to prove who really deserve to be in quarter finals. With current system, luck in drawing will have a big impact on qualification to quarters🤦

• That's the beauty of this Olympics, we have teams like Dom, pol, jpn and Canada who are capable of beating other top 6 medal contenders. This is really something new for Olympics! That's why I'm extra angry that we have 3 groups of 4 instead of 2 groups of 6. These teams deserve to battle against each other to prove who really deserve to be in quarter finals. With current system, luck in drawing will have a big impact on qualification to quarters🤦

agree. I don’t think we should really attack any team for really flopping if they lose a hard match in the quarter finals. For example this system it seems like it would be pretty easy for a Serbia Turkey quarter final or a Italy USA quarter final and is it really fair to say the loser of those 2 matches flopped if the winner went on to win the whole thing ? lol. I hate this format and that’s why I think world championships are a better system and you have to win more matches and play more good teams

• agree. I don’t think we should really attack any team for really flopping if they lose a hard match in the quarter finals. For example this system it seems like it would be pretty easy for a Serbia Turkey quarter final or a Italy USA quarter final and is it really fair to say the loser of those 2 matches flopped if the winner went on to win the whole thing ? lol. I hate this format and that’s why I think world championships are a better system and you have to win more matches and play more good teams

I have tickets for final, so turkey better be there, otherwise I'll be cheering for Serbia with my Busa jersey😂

• I have tickets for final, so turkey better be there, otherwise I'll be cheering for Serbia with my Busa jersey😂

I actually have a Busa jersey LOL

• why is DLC relevant ? She isn’t going to do more than serve sub

Because, like it or not, she's the star of the team and will be there, no matter what.

I remember what Marte (RD FED president) said when Mambru didn't make cut 4 years ago and went open against it. As long as de la Cruz wishes playing for her NT, the doors are open and she will have a relevant position inside the team.

• Because, like it or not, she's the star of the team and will be there, no matter what.

I remember what Marte (RD FED president) said when Mambru didn't make cut 4 years ago and went open against it. As long as de la Cruz wishes playing for her NT, the doors are open and she will have a relevant position inside the team.

I mean she’ll be on the roster yes but she isn’t going to see major time barring injury lol so it was weird to point out her as a mark against DR

• I remember her playing quite a lot with Martinez opposite instead of Gaila. It happened a lot in the last 2 years.

She did. Also her role becomes more important given that besides her leadership, the other OHs (except for Martinez and Peña) have no experience nor the level required for these big tournaments.

Even though she is not a top OH anymore, she still can be a good sub when someone is not performing.

That becomes even more relevant given that Brayelin and Yonkaira are extremely tired and have played all the irrelevant tournaments in the world.

• Love is in the air <3

I guess this forum needs a wedding to finish this neverending Turkish/Serbian feud

• You guys were blessed with Lo Bianco and ferretti from same generation. That's only fair that you got malinov and orro for 2 decades🤣

Well, I'll tell you, with a different management of both Orro and Malinov we wouldn't need the likes of Lo Bianco or Benelli. Unfortunately things didn't go that well.

Honestly, most might not agree but I would bet on Cambi. Out all the setters, I like her best but I am also aware that Orro will be the starter.

Agree with Bosetti and Pietrini as starters too. Seems to me that Velasco will take Bosetti, Pietrini, Sylla and Degradi and maybe either Piva or Nervini as the +1 player. I was rooting for Bracchi but seems like she's not on Velasco's plans

Velasco might be on your same page, let's see.