2024 Paris Olympic Games

• It is a bit funny how some Serbian users feel like they are being attacked when some people consider Italy as a favorite for the OG.

Even Terzic and Ze have spoken how Italy could be the best given that roster-wise is the strongest.

when they say Italy and Turkey and it isn’t even close that is hyperbole lol. Serbia was RIGHT there with Turkey and Turkey played an INCREDIBLE game at almost all positions

• I wasn't following last olympics. Did italy made same mistake as serbia now?

Yes, I think they only had Sylla and danesi from their Olympic starters. On the other hand, Serbia played with their a team but couldn't qualify to quarter finals. Still it was helpful for their road to bronze at Olympics

• You know Madden54 is american right? :lol:

Isn't he a Serbian who lives in USA?

• No

Where does his super Serbia bias come from then? Madden54 explain😂

• Yes, I think they only had Sylla and danesi from their Olympic starters. On the other hand, Serbia played with their a team but couldn't qualify to quarter finals. Still it was helpful for their road to bronze at Olympics

Mmmm didn't Serbia literally send B team with Lazovic leading?

• Mmmm didn't Serbia literally send B team with Lazovic leading?

Serbia sent like the C team with Lazovic leading before Tokyo lol

• if yall think Serbia is gonna burn out because boskovic and maja didn’t play VNL then okay go off I guess haha. If Serbia doesn’t do well it’s not because of that

• They will be fine I'm more concerned about Mihajlovic though

I do wish she went to VNL but it’s not like she’s required to start. Lozo and Uzelac will be battling for that position as well and they are going to VNL so

• I’m lately trying to stay away from this kind of topics and pointless discussions but I’m just gonna write a few things on some non-sence that’s being placed here.

-You all taking Italy as example of how bad it was not to play main squad at VNL before Tokyo and saying they got eliminated early beacuse of that. They got eliminated by a team that play 0 starters in VNL before that as well, your selective thoughts and logic doesn’t add up…

-Serbia didn’t play any starters before Tokyo yet got results that were beyond expected (for me at least). Team was only Boskovic and all players either retiring (Rasic, Blagojevic, Silvija Popovic) or new players filling in for injured and who are not longer starters (Milenkovic, Popovic).

In my book we did better then we should have considering how average of a team it was.

Maja/Boskovic

Busa/Milenkovic

Rasic/Popovic

Silvija

won bronze without VNL preparations, eventhough it was new and not very good team by any means.

-Uzelac didn’t choke in playoffs, she was out of shape since she didn’t train with the team for more then a week between regular season and playoffs. Even before that she suffered 2 armed attacks and had major feud with team managment about her leaving the team after that.
    Yet, she delievered amazing performance in terms of passing and defence when she entered in 1/4 against future champion Minas (and yes, I do mean amazing, I watched the game), she struggled in attack but I won’t take that against her cause she was the go to scorer of her team whole season and best scorer of the whole league at that moment (taking >10 swings a set every single match).

She will deliever far more then last summer.

She was absolutely planned to be starter last summer but both her injury and inexperience for important moments came into play.. this season is very different both in terms of all around skill and experience, she is coming as almost different player (in a good way)

Serbia has many options this season for many positions (first time in a while) and only 2nd MB is “?” imho.

-With all due respect, Serbian team is far from old in any position except setter.. yet Maja and Drca are both more then capable of having absolute world class performances as shown in this club playoffs season.

MBs and OHs are not old and Boskovic (no matter how long she has been there already) has more the a few seasons left to go. Apart from setter position, I don’t see any other team that has much younger team.

-There is a thread about Serbian NT so we can discuss there about our history of uncommon approach to some tournaments or about retiring star players and how old our team is (I certainly like to talk about youngster prospects who are unknown by general public that doesn’t follow our league)

Lastly, to close this topic about Serbian NT here, I believe that a team of

Maja/Boskovic

Uzelac/Lozo (if we can make it work on pass)

Aleksic/Stevanovic

Jegdic

could fight for gold in Paris no problem.

Those who might enjoy Serbian NT discussion are welcome to join on our thread and share their thoughts about what our starting 6 could look like :drink:

• Yes, I think they only had Sylla and danesi from their Olympic starters. On the other hand, Serbia played with their a team but couldn't qualify to quarter finals. Still it was helpful for their road to bronze at Olympics

so like this is so wrong 😭 Serbia didn’t send any single starter to that VNL lol. They sent like Caric and Lazovic. 2021 Serbia not sending their starters to VNL did not affect their Olympic chances. 2021 Serbia is probably the weakest year for the national team since like 2015. They over performed in my opinion by getting bronze

• so like this is so wrong 😭 Serbia didn’t send any single starter to that VNL lol. They sent like Caric and Lazovic. 2021 Serbia not sending their starters to VNL did not affect their Olympic chances. 2021 Serbia is probably the weakest year for the national team since like 2015. They over performed in my opinion by getting bronze

My bad, I got confused with last year's vnl

• I would love to see the Dominican Republic medal. If Marte can be decent then they could actually pull it off. Personally I don’t think Poland is much of a contender for a medal but I do think they could upset one of the favorites but they aren’t good enough to win consecutive matches against top teams in my opinion.

• I would love to see the Dominican Republic medal. If Marte can be decent then they could actually pull it off. Personally I don’t think Poland is much of a contender for a medal but I do think they could upset one of the favorites but they aren’t good enough to win consecutive matches against top teams in my opinion.

I don't know... I mean Castillo, Pena and the Martinez sisters are at their peak, but we can't say the same about Bethania de la Cruz. Also Gaila sometimes struggles to stay in her top shape, but when she can play her best, she's a beast in her role...

They can really win or lose against everyone, depending on the day...

• I don't know... I mean Castillo, Pena and the Martinez sisters are at their peak, but we can't say the same about Bethania de la Cruz. Also Gaila sometimes struggles to stay in her top shape, but when she can play her best, she's a beast in her role...

They can really win or lose against everyone, depending on the day...

why is DLC relevant ? She isn’t going to do more than serve sub