2024 Paris Olympic Games

• As much as I love watching Boskovic do the impossible a hundred times a game I also love to watch the team without her on court every once in a while to see them really pull together and use other strengths and very much like a team USA or Brazil style effort.

• At this point, assuming that the USA will qualify, that the last place will go to a European and with the fact that no Asian has qualified, the 5 remaining places should be assigned as follows: 1 is reserved for the first Asian, 1 for the first African and the other 3 will go to the remaining best among the excluded from the ranking on 17 June 2024, when the group stage of the VNL 2024 will end...

Right?

• At this point, assuming that the USA will qualify, that the last place will go to a European and with the fact that no Asian has qualified, the 5 remaining places should be assigned as follows: 1 is reserved for the first Asian, 1 for the first African and the other 3 will go to the remaining best among the excluded from the ranking on 17 June 2024, when the group stage of the VNL 2024 will end...

Right?

I think so. It’s gonna be China and Kenya for continental champs + Japan and loser of Ita-Pol in rankings + last place in ranking probably for Netherlands (if Canada doesn’t surprise us all next VNL).. But I don’t think any other team is really in the game for last ticket based on rankings.

Right?

neither China nor Japan will fall below that much, and africans don't have any international competitions scheduled, so you can just say it's the top 4 in world rankings.

• In reality, apart from Kenya obviously, only China and, in the event of a defeat today, Italy are realistically protected by ranking... Netherland and Japan have to compete and will not be able to complete the first phase of the VNL with a turnover, because the ranking could play some tricks on them: Canada will compete in the VNL at full strength with the sole aim of qualifying for the Olympics, which for them would already be a huge seasonal objective...

• In reality, apart from Kenya obviously, only China and, in the event of a defeat today, Italy are realistically protected by ranking... Netherland and Japan have to compete and will not be able to complete the first phase of the VNL with a turnover, because the ranking could play some tricks on them: Canada will compete in the VNL at full strength with the sole aim of qualifying for the Olympics, which for them would already be a huge seasonal objective...

USA is also protected by ranking if they inexplicably lose to Germany today, and Italy/Poland go 3-2.

Canada needs to catch up with the Netherlands and win 23 ranking points in 2024 VNL.

• Assuming CHN is the Asian Qualifier. SRB, DOM, BRA, TUR, FRA, AFR are the second to seventh qualifiers.

Five from this film would make it. I think its clear that the final spot is NED vs CAN at this point due to point difference.

USA(leading 160+ by GER),
    ITA(leading 120+ by GER)
    POL(leading GER by ~93+)
    JPN(leading GER by 80+)
    NED(leading GER by 60+)
    ===================
    CAN(leading GER by 30+)
    GER

• Canada needs to catch up with the Netherlands and win 23 ranking points in 2024 VNL.

Quite doable, because I assume that their King/Gray/van Ryk combo will play the whole tournament. Not sure if NL can/will use their whole A-line up for three weeks, I guess it depends on what the players themselves want (or need).

Felix better make sure that Schwerin and Stuttgart won't make the German finals, so he already has like 6 A-players that get a holiday before NT season :rolll:

• two between USA, POL and ITA, will qualify today and will not need the ranking...

• Quite doable, because I assume that their King/Gray/van Ryk combo will play the whole tournament. Not sure if NL can/will use their whole A-line up for three weeks, I guess it depends on what the players themselves want (or need).

Felix better make sure that Schwerin and Stuttgart won't make the German finals, so he already has like 6 A-players that get a holiday before NT season :rolll:

It would be madness for this players to skip VNL next season. If they do that, they will have big rest after VNL. ^^ They simple need to play all 4 weeks with full roster.

• two between USA, POL and ITA, will qualify today and will not need the ranking...

Yeah that's why its five more spots. Three out of the Pool C teams are also within the top teams in the ranking. If Pool C qualification closes, there would be three more spots remaining via qualification AND whoever is bumped is still on top of the ranking qualification.

• Quite doable, because I assume that their King/Gray/van Ryk combo will play the whole tournament. Not sure if NL can/will use their whole A-line up for three weeks, I guess it depends on what the players themselves want (or need).

I am sure that they would come back, if it means olympic qualification.

Their chances over Canada are probably like at least 75%-25%

• It would be madness for this players to skip VNL next season. If they do that, they will have big rest after VNL. ^^ They simple need to play all 4 weeks with full roster.

I completely agree though, but I wouldn't be surprised if they would try to rest some of them somehow, even if it's for just 1 week. So i.e. one of the current 4 OHs, let Polder join instead of another MB, just bring 2 setters etc.

I wonder if Buijs will come back next NT season and if Savelkoel can reach her pre-injury level again. They would have more options for resting then. Nonetheless an exciting VNL ahead! :cheesy:

• So 2/3 host countries didn’t qualify directly.. Maybe Poland can break the bad luck.. but luckily there won’t be OQT anymore, otherwise there would be no countries interested in hosting after this

If Poland loses and makes it 3/3 host not qualifying it would be hilarious

I would be really happy for Poland to win, but I don’t want Mazzanti to get fired so I’m gonna have to go with Italy :lol: