China NT 2022

• CVA is now really in trouble. :lol:

It says a lot if neither of Lang Pings assistant coaches want to take over. Now the two best coaches in the league Wang Baoquan (Tianjin) and Cai Bin (Jiangsu) don't want the job either. :gone:

• im available.

They honestly should've gone after Lavarini after seeing how well he did with South Korea. But because CVA likes to have short seasons and start NT training in February he wouldn't be able to commit since he has club duties. Plus they probably don't want a foreigner coming in and messing up with their strict rules.

Now the only options left are Beijings former coach which the club fired and Liaonings coach that looks lost at times.

• Now the only options left are Beijings former coach which the club fired and Liaonings coach that looks lost at times.

I'd rather they get a coach who was a player from the 04 squad such as Feng Kun or Yang Hao (they were involved in university league volleyball coaches). Need someone who is able to command respect and not have the Wang Baoquan/Wang Yimei fiasco again.

• I'd rather they get a coach who was a player from the 04 squad such as Feng Kun or Yang Hao (they were involved in university league volleyball coaches). Need someone who is able to command respect and not have the Wang Baoquan/Wang Yimei fiasco again.

Both Feng Kun and Yang Hao would be great additions! Would love to see them make a return as coaches.

What happened between Wang Baoquan and Wang Yimei? I heard he had drama with Yang Jie before too.

• Both Feng Kun and Yang Hao would be great additions! Would love to see them make a return as coaches.

What happened between Wang Baoquan and Wang Yimei? I heard he had drama with Yang Jie before too.

Yeah basically they wouldn't do what he told them to and complained about training too much. Granted Tianjin's training back then was ridiculous and wrong but that's not my point since Lang Ping also didn't keep those two in 2013 when she took over. Also Wang Yimei never really was able to control her weight and kept snacking which affected her agility (regardless of Wang Baoquan or Lang Ping coaching)

• There's word that FIVB and the Asian Games Organizing Committee had a meeting recently to talk about the scheduling conflicting between WCH and Asian Games. Because of an overlap between dates Asian teams like China, Japan, South Korea, and Thailand have to choose whether to send their A Team to WCH or the Asian Games. China was already rumored to send their main team for the Asian Games thus sending a weaker roster to WCH which worried FIVB about the level of competition especially if the other asian teams also followed suit.

The original date for Asian Games was September 10-25, but after the meeting the committee changed the schedule so that the volleyball tournament would start early even before the opening ceremony. The new date will be from Sept. 8-16, and the competition will end a week before WCH Sept. 23 - Oct. 15.

I get the reasoning to change the schedule, but I'm not sure that will still be enough time for teams to recover and get ready for WCH. The Asian Games will be held in China so they don't need to travel post tournament. I don't think Japan, South Korea, and Thailand will have time to fly back to their home country and instead will need to fly straight to Netherlands/Poland from China.

• I get the reasoning to change the schedule, but I'm not sure that will still be enough time for teams to recover and get ready for WCH.

I suppose the A-team members can alternate playing...

what's concerning is that there is no coach. normally there's a coach, a roster, etc. around CNY.

• I suppose the A-team members can alternate playing...

what's concerning is that there is no coach. normally there's a coach, a roster, etc. around CNY.

I thought the same thing too. Perhaps they'll announce the coach and NT roster after the holidays.

• It’s the first day of the new lunar year and I would like to wish everyone at inside.volleycountry:

“ GOOD HEALTH & HAPPINESS IN THE YEAR OF THE TIGER 🐯”

May the VB players continue to prowl, leaping high and pouncing on every ball, and Yuan Xinyue roar or scream even louder.

新年快乐。。。身体健康。。。恭喜发财

สุขสันต์วันตรุษจีน

ขอให้ มีความสุข มาก ๆ

ขอให้ มีสุขภาพแข็งแรง

😃

😃

• Cai Bin becomes the head coach of Chinese women's NT once again officially.

http://www.volleychina.org/202…doc-ikyakumy4057455.shtml

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• how do you feel about it?

It's not the best choice. It's not the worst choice.

I guess Cai Bin will:

more new players, OH: reception > defence, MB: block > spike, OP: spike and defence > reception, L: defence > reception

I doubt that Cai Bin will still pay more attention to the improvisational performance than the basic skill like his failure in 2009.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• There weren't that many options to begin with and CVA had to choose based on who was available.

He already knew there would be a target on his back since his experience previously coaching the NT, now he has to take over the legendary Lang Ping, and make up for the poor results at Tokyo which wouldn't be easy for anyone elected, but he still decided to take the opportunity to lead the NT which is admirable.

A lot of question still need to be answered. Will Lai Yawen, An Jiajie, and the other assistant coaches still be there? Will we see Jiangsu staff replace them on the NT or perhaps new names like Feng Kun or Yang Hao? What players from the previous cycle will not return with Cai Bin as head coach now?

• When is Zhu Ting ever getting a proper treatment? Any news?

• When is Zhu Ting ever getting a proper treatment? Any news?

She's supposed to travel to the US this month for surgery, but she recently appeared as a guest on a show. Hopefully the surgery didn't get pushed back even more.

• There weren't that many options to begin with and CVA had to choose based on who was available.

He already knew there would be a target on his back since his experience previously coaching the NT, now he has to take over the legendary Lang Ping, and make up for the poor results at Tokyo which wouldn't be easy for anyone elected, but he still decided to take the opportunity to lead the NT which is admirable.

A lot of question still need to be answered. Will Lai Yawen, An Jiajie, and the other assistant coaches still be there? Will we see Jiangsu staff replace them on the NT or perhaps new names like Feng Kun or Yang Hao? What players from the previous cycle will not return with Cai Bin as head coach now?

Only a rumor: Shi Hai-rong will be the new head coach of Jiangsu senior VC.

Therefore, in theory, Cai Bin won't carry Jiangsu staff.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• absolutely giant list for rosters... I am only going to list the more well-known players

11 setters (Ding Xia, Yao Di, Diao Linyu present among others)

21 outsides (Zhu Ting, Zhang Changning, Li YIngying, LIu Yanhan, Wu Mengjie, Wu Han, Li Yao, etc)

19 middles (Yuan Xinyue, Wang Yuanyuan, Gao Yi, Yang Hanyu, Zheng Yixin, etc)

10 opposites (Gong Xiangyu, Chen Peiyan, etc)

10 liberos (Wang Mengjie, Ni Feifan, Wang Weiyi, Meng Zixuan)

So they need 14 people, and they are picking from 71... gl to everyone especially the fanclubs lol

source: http://www.volleychina.org/nw/…doc-ikyamrmz9402962.shtml

(there's a bunch of other nonsense that doesn't even make any sense in that link :) )

edit: seems that the listing is according to provincial team in the screenshot lol