2022 Men's Volleyball Nations League

• I only know Ran from the hype so when you watch the match statistics it is underwhelming. 8 points in 5 sets.

I guess his strength is reception, but there his stats are not better than Ishikawa. Succesful digs are also low.

His strength is his face - his volleyball is fairly mediocre:whistle:

• Just some commentary from the Brazil-Iran game:

The points are much more distributed in this game for Brazil, minus for the opposite's. It's unfortunate that Alan got injured and hopefully it's not too severe. If Darlan starts the next game against Bulgaria, then that would be a great experience for him. Also what happened with Aboubacar? I know he got injured but when is his projected return? Would he be able to come back by WCh?

• Just some commentary from the Brazil-Iran game:

The points are much more distributed in this game for Brazil, minus for the opposite's. It's unfortunate that Alan got injured and hopefully it's not too severe. If Darlan starts the next game against Bulgaria, then that would be a great experience for him. Also what happened with Aboubacar? I know he got injured but when is his projected return? Would he be able to come back by WCh?

Hopefully Arthur and Lukas Bergmann (if he develops like Julia) joins NT in the following years. Darlan's spikes look powerful

• At the end of the day, Ran rakes in the sales. That's what keeps VNL running. lol

The problem with that is it makes the game superficial. When teams happen not to have cute poster boys or princess players, the fandom will fade. No problem featuring interesting players but maybe if they could feature their game a bit more heavily than their looks, it would be good for volleyball as a sport. They show Ran Takahashi and he can't even carry his team.

and more marketing for women's side please.

• I think Fivb shouldn't be represented by volleyball world on social media platforms. Currently, the official accounts of the international volleyball federation are managed like a japanese fan account. The media organs representing the international volleyball federation must be impartial. That's the main problem.

If Fivb and volleyball world are separated from each other on social media, then the problem would be solved. Volleyball world should have its own social media accounts. In these accounts, they can share the players and teams they want.

• I think Fivb shouldn't be represented by volleyball world on social media platforms. Currently, the official accounts of the international volleyball federation are managed like a japanese fan account. The media organs representing the international volleyball federation must be impartial. That's the main problem.

If Fivb and volleyball world are separated from each other on social media, then the problem would be solved. Volleyball world should have its own social media accounts. In these accounts, they can share the players and teams they want.

Or they could change their approach and be more inclusive. Volleyballworld is the official social media arm (and marketing) of FIVB so

• Or they could change their approach and be more inclusive. Volleyballworld is the official social media arm (and marketing) of FIVB so

being impartial is more like Fivb's job but volleyball world's main job is to promote the game. probably since they keep achieving their goals in this way, they keep doing so.

• :lol: of course. who doesn't like cute. hahaha. Personally, it irks me more when a player does not bring anything other than just being cute or pretty. Can we hype Ivan Zaytsev more? hot and great player too. hahaha. Or Nataliya Goncharova on the women's side. pretty with skills to boot.

You must be new here :wavy:Zaystev and Goncharova are clearly past their prime (they were both Top 3 Opp in the world maybe 5 years ago). Goncha, meanwhile, has a lot of haters on this forum even during her peak lol

• You must be new here :wavy:Zaystev and Goncharova are clearly past their prime (they were both Top 3 Opp in the world maybe 5 years ago). Goncha, meanwhile, has a lot of haters on this forum even during her peak lol

I know they are past their prime. But what I mean is they actually have the volleyball skills and carry their team aside from their faces.

Goncharova gets hate from her "diva" attitude and not her volleyball skills. She is a fine opposite for sure.

• Noooooooooooooo!

Alan suffered achilles rupture :(

This left me heartbroken. This post right here too straight up made me cry (Darlan says "love you, bro") lol

I hope he recovers and returns well. There's so much to dislike about this NT, but he's one of the very few good parts of it.