2022/2023 Transfer News (Female)

• Yes, and Pusic and Nasya Dimitrova. Very strong team.

But their Romanian OPP is very inconsistent and 2nd OH is very weak (Cese Montalvo is good, but the Romanian OH is bad at receives and doesn't score much)

No matter how good Nasya, Pusic and Dayeong are, there are glaring weaknesses in receives on their team

So it would make no sense for Rapid Bucuresti to sign two foreign setters rather than getting another foreign OPP/OH to increase their chances of winning.

Coach Lavarini did train Dayeong before on the Korean NT and played speed volleyball well with her, I wonder what are the chances of Novara buying her out from Rapid

• But their Romanian OPP is very inconsistent and 2nd OH is very weak (Cese Montalvo is good, but the Romanian OH is bad at receives and doesn't score much)

No matter how good Nasya, Pusic and Dayeong are, there are glaring weaknesses in receives on their team

So it would make no sense for Rapid Bucuresti to sign two foreign setters rather than getting another foreign OPP/OH to increase their chances of winning.

Coach Lavarini did train Dayeong before on the Korean NT and played speed volleyball well with her, I wonder what are the chances of Novara buying her out from Rapid

Speed volleyball with Karakurt? :what:

I am glad they have weaknesses, they will probably play against one of the serbian teams in 1/4 ^^

• Speed volleyball with Karakurt? :what:

I am glad they have weaknesses, they will probably play against one of the serbian teams in 1/4 ^^

That's true, probably not Novara but I'm not sure what other club is looking for a setter now. Perhaps another European team competing in the CEV competitions

Rapid's opponent in 1/8 is probably gonna be a tougher opponent than the Serbian team in 1/4

They have a lot of foreigners in that Portugal team

• That's true, probably not Novara but I'm not sure what other club is looking for a setter now. Perhaps another European team competing in the CEV competitions

Rapid's opponent in 1/8 is probably gonna be a tougher opponent than the Serbian team in 1/4

Maybe after Novara take someone setter, she can take her spot :lol:

You can have 10 foreigners if they are not good ones. Foreigners dont mean always better, Bell in GS is example. Also Schwerin have 3 german NT starters and they barely survive against Zeleznicar with 2 best players are serbian 18yo outside hitters.

• Rapid's opponent in 1/8 is probably gonna be a tougher opponent than the Serbian team in 1/4

Jedinstvo is very young team, but almost half of their players are future NT members, Ub is really good also, so that random foreigners is totally irrelevant in this comparation.

• Jedinstvo is very young team, but almost half of their players are future NT members, Ub is really good also, so that random foreigners is totally irrelevant in this comparation.

Maybe after Novara take someone setter, she can take her spot :lol:

You can have 10 foreigners if they are not good ones. Foreigners dont mean always better, Bell in GS is example. Also Schwerin have 3 german NT starters and they barely survive against Zeleznicar with 2 best players are serbian 18yo outside hitters.

Definitely true, not entirely implying its because of them being 'foreign' players, but their play seemed strong as well (this also depends on the level of their opponents of course)

OK Tent was also a very young and very tall team with many U18 NT players and reached 3rd place in Challenge Cup last year, but Rapid won both matches against them 3-0 surprisingly easily

I do think their 1/8 match will be a tougher matchup

• Definitely true, not entirely implying its because of them being 'foreign' players, but their play seemed strong as well (this also depends on the level of their opponents of course)

OK Tent was also a very young and very tall team with many U18 NT players and reached 3rd place in Challenge Cup last year, but Rapid won both matches against them 3-0 surprisingly easily

Tent have younger team now.

Comparing to last season.

Sara Caric go to PTT, current opp are 16y old girl.

Blockers are different, Kurtagic is injured and Djurovic signed to France club.

Also one of OH was sold, one that was team captain.

So basically only setter, libero and one OH are the same from last year starting 6.

• Definitely true, not entirely implying its because of them being 'foreign' players, but their play seemed strong as well (this also depends on the level of their opponents of course)

Rapid won wasn't suprising at all, it's not just u18 NT players, both Jedinstvo and Ub have much higher potential then Tent in general and players individualy.

I mean i just want to clarify what i said/wanted to say, respect your opinion, and this is not just fan biased opinion, they are both really good teams with some exceptional individuals.

• Rapid won wasn't suprising at all, it's not just u18 NT players, both Jedinstvo and Ub have much higher potential then Tent in general and players individualy.

I mean i just want to clarify what i said/wanted to say, respect your opinion, and this is not just fan biased opinion, they are both really good teams with some exceptional individuals.

It's just an opinion based on first impression, I can't say I know much about those teams either

But I did base it off of OK Tent's match results vs ZOK (3-1) & Jedinstvo (2-3) in Serbian league

Just my first impressions and based solely on watching some short clips of each team, other Korean fans are thinking the same as well

But you would know better about those teams, so it would make sense that you would think otherwise

Do you know how good AJM FC Porto is though? I'm curious

• Do you know how good AJM FC Porto is though? I'm curious

It's actually fair to say that i don't know any player from Porto, but drop out this opinion based on their youtube matches.