Turkey - Misli.com Sultanlar Ligi 2022/2023

• Are you talking about Manfredi or comments? Because Manfredi didn't say anything that bad or unusual, really. Yes, ideally he could have been more tactful and publicly send a bit more of a support to Egonu considering the kind of attacks she is facing (and from whom), but it's not like he could publicly say: "We completely depend on Egonu. In fact, we are thinking of changing our country's official name from Italy to Egonu & Cheerleaders and we are thinking about forcing those other players to wear cheerleading uniforms to better reflect their status".:rolll:

No, but who said that though? And who asked for him to hint they don't need her anyway if she wants to take a break. "NT isn't hotel camp." Seems like he deliberately wants to be negative and shady, it's not like Egonu just randomly decide to stop NT because she's bored. His words seem unsupportive and unemphatic to me. To each their own.

After what she's dealt with the least he can do is not make this statement at all if he feels a certain type of way.

• Wow, idk if this is the appropriate thread but since Egonu plays here now and this place is active. They are talking like Egonu is being a brat and they don't care if she returns or not anyway :what: also absolutely no empathy detected.

I really hope she gets naturalized, Brazil seems such a good idea for her with Ze. (We have Vargas and Alexia but I'm Ok with Turkiye as well hypothetically speaking)

That quote is being taken a little out of context, right before that he did say how important she is and that he knows she really cares for the national team and that she just needs to talk stuff out with the coach/teammates. Also it's not referring to her receiving racist attacks but about her having a bossy/diva attitude off court with the team which was the main point of the whole Egonu thing in Italy - not sure how much of it it's true so won't go into details but it's been pretty much confirmed by many sources she was the catalyst of most of the drama happening in the dressing room.

• Yea, let's sell the "angry black woman" narrative now onto her in case she doesn't return 😒

I don't buy that bs, if she was a diva and horrible off-court, it should have been out before all of this. Otherwise it's just opportunistic damage control to me no matter what is said.

• No, but who said that though? And who asked for him to hint they don't need her anyway if she wants to take a break. "NT isn't hotel camp." Seems like he deliberately wants to be negative and shady, it's not like Egonu just randomly decide to stop NT because she's bored. His words seem unsupportive and unemphatic to me. To each their own.

After what she's dealt with the least he can do is not make this statement at all if he feels a certain type of way.

Like I said, I completely agree that he should have been more tactful and not say that bit about hotel camp and that he should have sent a public support to her. But also, a statement like "We are a team of 14" is exactly the kind of vanilla, PR bullshit that any public executive SHOULD say if they want to to still have a team going forward. Trying to defend Paola from racist attacks by highlighting how much the team depends on her, coming from an official, would be like trying to cure skin rash on the arm by amputating the arm: the only thing it would do is cause even more of a shitstorm.:)

• Yea, let's sell the "angry black woman" narrative now onto her in case she doesn't return 😒

I don't buy that bs, if she was a diva and horrible off-court, it should have been out before all of this. Otherwise it's just opportunistic damage control to me no matter what is said.

It was out before that tho? It's been out for years lol. Let's not act like half of this forum wasn't worried for her move to Vakıfbank because of her diva behavior/attitude and she would disrupt the team (which is obviously wild and not a ever that serious from what we saw so far). But like two things can be true at the same time - she's been put on a pedestal since before she was 18, very likely coddled and attended in every possible way, not even saying it's her fault but like it's not far-fetched the situation got out of hand, it's not like those kind of situations are unheard of. And she never said she doesn't want to return outside of that video that again was a private conversation in a difficult moment she didn't know was getting recorded, every interview after that was about taking a break and going back soon.

• It was out before that tho? It's been out for years lol. Let's not act like half of this forum wasn't worried for her move to Vakıfbank because of her diva behavior/attitude and she would disrupt the team (which is obviously wild and not a ever that serious from what we saw so far). But like two things can be true at the same time - she's been put on a pedestal since before she was 18, very likely coddled and attended in every possible way, not even saying it's her fault but like it's not far-fetched the situation got out of hand, it's not like those kind of situations are unheard of. And she never said she doesn't want to return outside of that video that again was a private conversation in a difficult moment she didn't know was getting recorded, every interview after that was about taking a break and going back soon.

I only remember people saying she isn't a good teammate without much proof. In general I don't take personality clashes too serious though. Good vibes are created, it's not like she is a setter. And I see your point but the people using these excuses remain insincere and opportunistic to me. At the end of the day it didn't lead to this situation so it's kinda irrelevant.

Her being a diva was tolerable until she was not of value to people anymore basically 🙄 like you said she didn't even make a statement that she wants to leave NT, it was that one video that she didn't consent to being taken of her. No reason to be so sassy towards her.

• Polina Rahimova is really atrocious. And to think that some were considering her one of the biggest and most impactful names among the additions to the league...

• Polina Rahimova is really atrocious. And to think that some were considering her one of the biggest and most impactful names among the additions to the league...

At least we get to follow her Instagram stories 🤣 she served us a lot of shade over there and turned completely into a Turkish patriotic ^^

I hope she picks it up later in the season.

player wise ? Or attitude ?

• player wise ? Or attitude ?

Her form is atrocious, but we ARE talking about Rahimova, so...:rolll:

• Name of the song that Kim starting to sing?

This:

• Maybe it's not the right thread(There is no thread 1 league ) but Here the match 1 of the league Beşiktaş Ceylan - ALS Hulk Voleybol if anyone was interested :win:

You can watch, among others Defne Başyolcu, Dilay Özdemir,Zeynep Palabıyık or Bengisu Aygün

Nice team to watch :)