Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2022/23

• Vilsbiburg announced Juan Diego Garcia Diaz, currently coach of CV Haris in Tenerife, as new head coach for next season. They signed a 1+1 year contract.

With Gallardo as sports director and a Spanish coach I expect the tradition of many Latin American players in Vilsbiburg to continue for at least another season ^^

And probably some spaniards

• Vilsbiburg announced Juan Diego Garcia Diaz, currently coach of CV Haris in Tenerife, as new head coach for next season. They signed a 1+1 year contract.

With Gallardo as sports director and a Spanish coach I expect the tradition of many Latin American players in Vilsbiburg to continue for at least another season ^^

maybe Laura Rodwald will play there than?

• TV match today 18:00 CET Erfurt vs Vilsbiburg (stream)

For Vilsbiburg it will be very important to win with 3 points with regards to the playoffs, for Erfurt it's already the last chance to at least keep the mathematical chance alive.

Meanwhile Wiesbaden announced that Jodie Guilliams will leave after the season, she wants to focus on her life outside of volleyball and continue to play in Belgian league. I wonder if this means she'll quit NT as well already, she's only 25 :white:

• TV match today 18:00 CET Erfurt vs Vilsbiburg (stream)

For Vilsbiburg it will be very important to win with 3 points with regards to the playoffs, for Erfurt it's already the last chance to at least keep the mathematical chance alive.

Finally able to watch Erfurt:woohoo:

• Erfurt starts with Blanchfield as MB :what: Wilczek is not in the roster today but backup MB Lena Liegert is on bench, so this is quite unusual. They also start with Speaks instead of Glaab :|

EDIT Natalie Wilczek tore her ACL in training two days ago ;(

• Well that was disappointing from Erfurt:| Mulder didn't impress me as much as her statistics showed so far this season. On the other hand, I think she has more potential on international level than Scholten. Brokking disappointed me:( Her reception is really bad...

• Erfurt - Vilsbiburg 0:3 (23, 22, 22)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2022-23/Women/2104.pdf

MVP: Vera Mulder / Channon Thompson

Pretty bad match overall, Vilsbiburg played without reception but their OHs could kill the ball while Erfurt played without attack. I didn't understand why they kept Speaks on the court for almost the whole match, IMO she did a poor job in terms of precision and made it really hard for her attackers.

Well that was disappointing from Erfurt:| Mulder didn't impress me as much as her statistics showed so far this season. On the other hand, I think she has more potential on international level than Scholten. Brokking disappointed me:( Her reception is really bad...

I think with a good coach and better setters Mulder can become a solid player. Her style of play isn't impressive but she still manages to score her points, a bit like the younger Sloetjes (though I don't think she'll become as good as the older Sloetjes).

I hope as one of maaaaaany others.

Not that she is bad but she definitely is not a replacement for Janiska.

Especially considering that fact that Stautz is already 29 and not a tall player :| IMO she is waaaay down the depth chart of German OHs, there are at least 7-8 players better than her.

• Heynen wants her in NT as a Libero.

I'm not surprised :aww::gone: Developing young players is totally overrated, just take some mediocre OH and turn her into libero at 29 :aww:

I agree that Dreblow and Lohmann this season really haven't made a statement for themselves, but Pogany will be main libero anyway and as backup maybe Annie Cesar deserves a chance and I still hope Linda Bock will go back to libero at least for NT...

• Aachen - Dresden 0:3 (13, 22, 18)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2022-23/Women/2103.pdf

MVP: Annie Cesar / Lara Berger

Linda Bock playing as libero even though Dreblow and Lohmann both were in the roster gives me hope :whistle:

Neuwied - Stuttgart 0:3 (20, 12, 17)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2022-23/Women/2108.pdf

MVP: Klara Single / Marie Schölzel

Münster - Wiesbaden 3:2 (20:25 13:25 25:22 25:20 15:11)

https://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2022-23/Women/2106.pdf

MVP: Iris Scholten / Rachel Anderson

With this victory Münster should have secured their spot in the playoffs, Suhl would have to take 3 wins with 9 points from their remaining 4 matches and looking at the opponents it's rather unlikely...

• Espescially because Potsdam should defeat Suhl today with straight points.

• Considering the remaining matches the most likely outcome is: aside from Neuwied Suhl and Erfurt will also miss the playoffs, Vilsbiburg will be eighth, Stuttgart first, decision of Potsdam or Schwerin as second and third may be in the duel in Schwerin, despite Schwerin has overall the tougher remaining schedule (including match against Dresden), Dresden will probably stay before Aachen, because both have no easy remainder in the league round and Dresden being ahead now; Wiesbaden might have a small advantage against Münster due to the remaining matches regarding places 6 and 7. That would mean overall a quarter Stuttgart vs. Vilsbiburg and most likely semis of Potsdam and Schwerin, who of the latter two will have the home advantage than, is not so easy to tell... Stuttgart should get into the finals anyway (what they do for many years now in sucsession). Another quarter will be highly likely Dresden vs. Aachen. The number of matches to play is not balanced since Straubing was kicked off the league of course.