Italy - Serie A1 2022/23

• I agree but think about Casalmaggiore,has very good players.Malual played a great tie break.

And now Imoco at 38,Scandicci at 35,Milano and Novara at 34,Chieri at 32.What a battle.

I hope Casamaggiore plays better in the 2nd turn

Casalmaggiore is good… but they’re also playing with Malual (who was excellent today) and Piva are starters….. Monza needs to be better.

• 2nd Round - 2nd leg

VALLEFOGLIA - SCANDICCI 1-3

A.Drews 14, Mancini 11, Papa 10 / Antropova 26, Pietrini 13, Zhu Ting 12

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/745448/statistiche/

MVP: Di Iulio

CONEGLIANO - BUSTO ARSIZIO 3-1

Haak 25, Robinson 15, Plummer 7 / Omoruyi 18, Rosamaria 14, Zakchaiou 8

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/745449/statistiche/

MVP: Robinson

CHIERI - CUNEO 3-1

Rozanski 19, Storck 14, Weitzel 12 / Cecconello 13, Stevenson 12, Kuznetsova 10

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/745450/statistiche/

MVP: Weitzel

MILANO - CASALMAGGIORE 2-3

Stysiak 17, Folie 13, Davyskiba 12 / Malual 24, Frantti 17, Lohuis 13

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/745451/statistiche/

MVP: Malual

FIRENZE - BERGAMO 3-2

S.Nwakalor 25, Herbots 19, Van Gestel 11 / Lanier 19, Butigan 11, Frosini 11

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/745452/statistiche/

MVP: S.Nwakalor

NOVARA - PINEROLO 3-0

Bonifacio 15, C.Bosetti 13, Adams 12 / Ungureanu 9, Zago 9, Grajber 7

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/745453/statistiche/

MVP: Bonifacio

PERUGIA - MACERATA 3-2

Gardini 25, Guerra 24, Lazic 17 / Abbott 23, Fiesoli 19, Cosi 8

https://www.legavolleyfemminil…enter/745454/statistiche/

MVP: Gardini

• Casalmaggiore is good… but they’re also playing with Malual (who was excellent today) and Piva are starters….. Monza needs to be better.

Nikolova and Perinelli are the usual starters,no?

On the other side awful performance in attack for Larson and Davyskiba.Jordan Thompson is a ghost of herself.Stevanovic very bad,too.

For Stysiak we have discussed so many times.2-3 years ago used to play much better.

Maybe we can blame Orro for this shipwreck :lol:

ps what has happened to Nikolova?

• Nikolova and Perinelli are the usual starters,no?

On the other side awful performance in attack for Larson and Davyskiba.Jordan Thompson is a ghost of herself.Stevanovic very bad,too.

For Stysiak we have discussed so many times.2-3 years ago used to play much better.

Maybe we can blame Orro for this shipwreck :lol:

ps what has happened to Nikolova?

Dimitrova is having some health/injury issue... Casalmaggiore are looking at other opposite options. And Perinelli is just dreadful.

Larson isn't there to be a main attacker... She did her job today. Davyskiba was dreadful (but Sylla is injured)... JT was fine when she came on, she saved set 4 for them. but her and Orro haven't meshed at all this season.

I will blame Orro. She's dreadful. She's been outplayed by Carlini both times they've played this year... and was outdueled by an 18 year old Russian mid-week.

• Was Malinov doing better now in this new club? If yes, she was acting up to let Scandicci know that how important she is to the club ? Scandicci did want to pay up the salary she was asking - disagreement in her salary. Faking her lackluster performance because she wanted a higher salary?

What i meant, when Malinov start playing they will return to their mess,

I doubt she faking anything,

• ps what has happened to Nikolova?

Abdominal muscles injury. She seemed to be recovered a few weeks ago, but now she has pain again and they don't know exactly how long it's gonna take to have her back in good shape..

• iMO Scandicci wanted to renegotiate the salary paid to Malinov. I am sure she was highly paid - her salary was pretty much on the top. Since she was underperforming, the club felt it overpaid her (did not play much and she was not delivery the results). She wasn’t going to budge. The club did the math, pay the penalty for breaching the contract and hire another setter cheaper. It is financially in their favor for it will be saving money. In the current state Malinov is, she would not be making much difference to the team’s performance; Yao Di might not or might make a difference to the team’s performance. Either way changing or keeping the setter wouldn’t be a disaster since YD is a good setter and has many years of experience.. The management opted to save some money.

• Yao Di in Scandicci is one of the weirdest transfers ever. :what:

It's not that weird if you know she is a closed friend/besty of Zhu and they have the same Italian agent - Marco. The Chinese league was over and Scandicci desperately needed another setter, the timing is right.

(Ezac once hired Mirkovic, besty of Bos. if you can see the similarity here. Not that i am comparing the two setters

• It's not that weird if you know she is a closed friend/besty of Zhu and they have the same Italian agent - Marco. The Chinese league was over and Scandicci desperately needed another setter, the timing is right.

(Ezac once hired Mirkovic, besty of Bos. if you can see the similarity here

Yeah, I know. But what can Yao Di bring on the table? They wasted a foreign spot on an average setter. He Qi and Feng Kun were a whole different level of setters - expecially Feng Kun was pure magic with her NT - and still failed in Italy.

• iMO Scandicci wanted to renegotiate the salary paid to Malinov. I am sure she was highly paid - her salary was pretty much on the top. Since she was underperforming, the club felt it overpaid her (did not play much and she was not delivery the results). She wasn’t going to budge. The club did the math, pay the penalty for breaching the contract and hire another setter cheaper. It is financially in their favor for it will be saving money. In the current state Malinov is, she would not be making much difference to the team’s performance; Yao Di might not or might make a difference to the team’s performance. Either way changing or keeping the setter wouldn’t be a disaster since YD is a good setter and has many years of experience.. The management opted to save some money.

It's not really like this..

Malinov had just signed a 2 years contract with Scandicci until 2024. Quite a big one (over 100k € per year).

From what I've heard, they told her that she was not in their plans anymore and she would be out of the team, but they would still pay her full salary until next year. Since she needs to play she signed with Bisonte Firenze and broke her (big) contract with Scandicci, but Scandicci agreed to pay her salary for this year.. or at least the difference between Firenze's salary (firenze can't afford 100k for a setter) and what she was supposed to earn this year in Scandicci.

• Yeah, I know. But what can Yao Di bring on the table? They wasted a foreign spot on an average setter. He Qi and Feng Kun were a whole different level of setters - expecially Feng Kun was pure magic with her NT - and still failed in Italy.

There is simply no decent Italian setter available at this moment and the club needs one more setter. At least YD is supposed to be better than Di Lulio,

Hopefully Antropova's problem got solved soon and she could start with YD.

Zhu and Pietrini both have 30% of spiking rate tonight with Di lulio'setting ;(;(