Korean Women's NT 2022

• Pyo Seungju isn't an ace player, but she's experienced at least

She'll be better than the younger players for sure - those of whom should prove themselves and grow in v-league more before banking on them performing in NT suddenly

I don't like her much either, but Korea doesn't have options to choose from at this point

(I wonder if Hwang Yeonjoo could've been considered for OPP instead of Heejin, or if she herself chose not to since she has retired from NT)

• It looks like Jung Jiseok will likely return to the NT after his 1-year suspension period, considering how persistent Coach Im has been wanting him to play. After today’s match, Coach Im even said the result would be better if Jung Jiseok was there.

I'm wondering if there is a coach or anyone in KVA who will be brave enough to bring up the twins, esp Lee Jaeyeong returns. The ex-volleyball player mentioned her wish for the twins to return before, and she had received lots of hate.

• It looks like Jung Jiseok will likely return to the NT after his 1-year suspension period, considering how persistent Coach Im has been wanting him to play. After today’s match, Coach Im even said the result would be better if Jung Jiseok was there.

I'm wondering if there is a coach or anyone in KVA who will be brave enough to bring up the twins, esp Lee Jaeyeong returns. The ex-volleyball player mentioned her wish for the twins to return before, and she had received lots of hate.

The fact that KVA didn't even place a suspension on him till people complained about him representing the country, and set a definite 1-year suspension (unlike twins' indefinite one - due to "social reasons") already shows there's no issue to his return.

Plus his club also protected him the entire time and brought him back to the league instead of throwing him under the bus like Pink Spiders did to the twins

Really dumb patriarchal bias

• JJS can do that because he's the most important guy at both his club and the NT. Unfortunately for the twins, they were neither of that at the time the scandal happened. But things have changed now, so I wonder if there will be any progress. (I can already feel the wrath of KYK's fan if news comes out that the twins return. :gone:)

suminj : Didn't the KVA ended up saying that there was no suspension placed on the twins or something like that?

What I'm really curious about is whether the other girls are willing to welcome the twins back. If the people involved with the NT want them back then they can just do the things JJS did: pretend like nothing happened and enter the court.

• JJS can do that because he's the most important guy at both his club and the NT. Unfortunately for the twins, they were neither of that at the time the scandal happened. But things have changed now, so I wonder if there will be any progress. (I can already feel the wrath of KYK's fan if news comes out that the twins return. :gone:)

Don’t think the twins are not important. LJY is their top scorer with KYK, and LDY is their main setter. Lavarini even had to change strategy for the Olympics due to their absence, right? Things become worse for them with how the media/fans handle the so-called "issue" between LDY and KYK.

(Funny how people suddenly forget that LJY was also one of the best attackers and top scorers in V-league and NT- just because they’re related by blood).
    This is just my opinion but i think the punishment/hatred for LJY is just too much, especially since (if i recalled correctly) suminj had shared how the bullying culture is common even among other v-league clubs.

What I'm really curious about is whether the other girls are willing to welcome the twins back. If the people involved with the NT want them back then they can just do the things JJS did: pretend like nothing happened and enter the court.

Even if they’re on good terms, I don’t think any of them can display it publicly. Sung Jihyun (trainer who travelled with KYK to LA) received backlash from fans simply for following LDY on Instagram.

suminj : Didn't the KVA ended up saying that there was no suspension placed on the twins or something like that?

I mean... I'd say Han Sunsoo (setter) is way more important than JJS on the mens' NT, but that's up for debate. I'll choose him over JJS any day though.

LJY was #1 in Pink Spiders ever since she was a rookie, KYK would never play for PS after her contract ends.
    KYK is #1 in NT but LJY is a very close #2 because she has matches where she scores more than KYK, and they take turns receiving/digging in the back row.

LDY on the other hand was never appreciated due to her position as setter, but she was close to winning league MVP once, and Lavarini's speed volleyball in NT was only made possible through her.

Twins were just too famous/popular compared to JJS - their news got so huge and spread throughout the entire country. JJS's one remained within the volleyball community.

I honestly think the only thing stopping twins from returning was that their news got too big back then, and now its the wrath of KYK fans like you said, who make up the bulk of Korean W volleyball fans - though recently it appears Kim Heejin has more fans than KYK :what:

As for KVA.... they made a statement which backtracked on their suspension (something about retroactive application of a rule that was only enacted after their middle school days when the incident happened?) - I think that is league instead of NT though.

For NT suspension they used a very ridiculous reason of "social disturbance", and even if its not good enough for suspension, they can simply claim they didn't choose to select them for NT.

Perhaps taking another beating during AVC & WCH after the VNLs will make them change their mind... Twins have already been suspended for 1.5 years now

I would think the twins juniors would welcome them back. Dayeong has past juniors from both Hillstate and Pink Spiders following her on her new account (i.e. Eunbin from PS during 20/21 season does) - but only the ones who have left pro volleyball. Someone said something about Lee Dahyun liking a photo of LDY playing in CEV Cup on Instagram once but I don't know how true that is?
    I don't know about their seniors since they are closer to KYK and there was that 'incident'. But I think juniors are all that matters since twins were meant to lead the next generation, and won't play with older players except for Kim Heejin?

• NT line-up for World Championships (I assume for AVCs as well):

Setter: Yeom Hyesun, Ahn Hyejin, Kim Hakyung

Libero: Kim Yeongyeon, Han Dahye

Outside Hitter: Park Jeongah, Pyo, Seungjoo, Lee Soyoung, Lee Hanbi, Jung Jiyoon, Lee Sunwoo, Kang Sohwi

Middle Blocker: Park Eunjin, Lee Juah, Lee Dahyun, Jung Hoyoung

Kang Sohwi was selected originally, but she recently underwent surgery and was removed from the team due to being unable to train for at least a month.

Jung Jiyoon is still rehabilitating from a stress fracture, and Jung Hoyoung had an ankle ligament rupture at VNL which she is still recovering from.

• Someone on Twitter said Korea will send a younger team to AVC instead to focus on WCH.

By the way, it looks like several players, including Lee Soyoung, have submitted medical reports due to Injuries. With how sudden it was, can’t help but question all the sudden injuries happening:gone:, + Kovo Cup and new season starting soon. If there really is a change in the line-up, pity Cesar.

• Someone on Twitter said Korea will send a younger team to AVC instead to focus on WCH.

By the way, it looks like several players, including Lee Soyoung, have submitted medical reports due to Injuries. With how sudden it was, can’t help but question all the sudden injuries happening:gone:, + Kovo Cup and new season starting soon. If there really is a change in the line-up, pity Cesar.

Would be interesting if rookies like Jang Yoonju and high schoolers could be chosen, we can see if there's any potential in the next generation.

I don't doubt that, no Korean player or club will want to participate in WCHs - especially after such VNL results. WCH will only be worse as teams will take it even more seriously (it has more ranking points at stake than VNLs)

NT would benefit players in terms of commercial value, but perhaps only for Olympic-level stages. But you have the odd case of Kim Heejin post-VNLs so.......

• Don’t think the twins are not important. LJY is their top scorer with KYK, and LDY is their main setter. Lavarini even had to change strategy for the Olympics due to their absence, right? Things become worse for them with how the media/fans handle the so-called "issue" between LDY and KYY

Well I didn't say that they weren't important, of course they were important. I said they weren't "the most important". We all know who the most important player in the NT back then is.

And I do think that it's the incident with KYK that makes it impossible for the twins to return until now, and it doesn't even look like they will return. If it was just the bullying scandal, maybe they'd only have to lay low for a while then come back.

there was that 'incident'

Sometimes I wish LDY never left Hillstate. None of this drama would have happened and we could have had a more interesting V League season with KYK+LJY vs YHJ+LDY vs the GS squad.

• By the way, it looks like several players, including Lee Soyoung, have submitted medical reports due to Injuries. With how sudden it was, can’t help but question all the sudden injuries happening :gone: , + Kovo Cup and new season starting soon. If there really is a change in the line-up, pity Cesar.

I don't doubt that, no Korean player or club will want to participate in WCHs - especially after such VNL results. WCH will only be worse as teams will take it even more seriously (it has more ranking points at stake than VNLs)

From the club's POV, sending players to the NT means that some of their best players will miss out the KOVO Cup. Maybe some clubs will see it as a chance to discover other options, but some might take it more seriously and want to win. (For example, if IBK wins this year KOVO Cup, it'll be a relief for the players, the club and the fans after a disastrous season. But honestly, who doesn't want to win?)

The worse thing about sending players to the NT is the risk of getting them injured. If a club's player gets injured, what incentive does the club have? Absolutely nothing. It's not like they're gonna get extra points in the V League. Also, with how Korean clubs work, they will not have substitute players of the same caliber. So if an important player gets injured, there goes the season.

• I'm sorry the women's team always have injuries... I don't mean to be not understanding, but do the female players not know how to handle their own bodies? So many injuries left and right..

I honestly don't mind that Kang So Hwi is out... I don't like her character and her play style.. I prefer Lee So Young and Jung Ji Yeon over her any day..

• I honestly don't mind that Kang So Hwi is out... I don't like her character and her play style.. I prefer Lee So Young and Jung Ji Yeon over her any day..

Her character...?

She's a lot more effective than Soyoung on the NT level though

Soyoung's spikes always gets blocked on international stage, she's only good as a defensive OH (was played as libero once)

• AVC Schedule from 21 Aug - 25 Aug:

I heard that Thailand will be sending their A team and Japan their B team, and also it seems this edition of AVCs will not count towards world ranking points - reason supposedly being it was postponed for so long? Couldn't find the source for this

Also, because Croatia won in the Challenger Cup recently, it rose past Korea in the World Rankings pushing Korea down to #20.

• Lee Soyoung, Jung Jiyoon, and Jung Hoyoung are no longer part of the National Team due to injuries.

They will be replaced by other players like Kang Sohwi was.

It's said their hospital examination deemed them not healthy enough to compete for WCHs.

For Jung Hoyoung I can understand, I'm not sure about Jung Jiyoon's situation, but Lee Soyoung...?

I saw pictures of her playing in recent practice matches with KGC and she seemed fine.

Have a strong feeling KGC just doesn't want to send her to NT since she's very prone to injuries (she has missed both VNLs & WCHs now)

• Korea should just bring back Lee Jaeyeong and Lee Dayeong. No one wants to play for the Korea national team anymore:rolll:

Maybe...

If even their back-ups end up having 'injury reports' once they get selected for NT and Korea has no player left to choose from

(edit: or perhaps KYK, Hyojin and Suji will finally be convinced to return to NT to help out. If even Carol Gattaz can return to Brazil NT....)

Replacement players should be amongst Go Yerim, Yoo Seoyeon, Hwang Minkyung

I'm confused why Kim Dain wasn't selected

• Korea should just bring back Lee Jaeyeong and Lee Dayeong. No one wants to play for the Korea national team anymore:rolll:

Now it’s Lee Hanbi who is Injured. Right now only Park Jeongah and Pyo Seungju left.

I don’t think either situation will happen. 1. Fans of KYK, KHJ will never let the twins return. KVA doesn’t even care about the outcome of this tournament. Don’t think Cesar (foreign coach) wants to risk calling the twins back (he will be attacked by the fans).

2. Even if KYK, KSJ, and YHJ return, I don’t think they can save their world ranking that much (same goes for the twins) (but compared to VNL, surely it will be better if they returns). Other positions are just lacklustre. Even with KYK Korea never got great results in tournaments like VNL and WCH. Plus, I don’t think KYK wants to risk her Olympic good image just to save the current team. And PS, HH, and IBK need all of them to play in the Kovo Cup and regular season.

I wonder who Cesar will pick as the substitute for all the injured players. Looks like they need to focus on middle attack. Just hope all the MB can improve on their block + Yeom improve her setting:whistle: