CEV Champions League 2023

• I am new fan of Hester Jasper, it's always beautiful to see short but explosive player with power attack. Remind me a bit of Gozde Kirdar, not quality wise ofc nor technique, but the style.

• Potsdam is doing better in 3rd set, but they simply can't handle tall and powerful players like Ebrar because this species doesn't exist in German league, here tall players aren't powerful and powerful players aren't tall :gone:

• Potsdam is doing better in 3rd set, but they simply can't handle tall and powerful players like Ebrar because this species doesn't exist in German league, here tall players aren't powerful and powerful players aren't tall :gone:

Yes, they have no experience with true international "killers" like Egonu, Haak or Boskovic yet.

• In first 2 sets they were destroyed by Boseti and Cubanian girl not Karakurt

I beg to differ. Ebrar had like 70% in attack and 20 points at the beginning of the third set

• In first 2 sets they were destroyed by Boseti and Cubanian girl not Karakurt

I don't know which match you are watching butKarakurt had 19 points in first two sets with 80% attack rate.

• Jegdic is just amazing in positioned defense, but she have problems with tips behind the block defense. I didn't watch many games of her, bundesliga friends, are this is usual weakness or it is just in this match.

• Jegdic is just amazing in positioned defense, but she have problems with tips behind the block defense. I didn't watch many games of her, bundesliga friends, are this is usual weakness or it is just in this match.

I don't think this was her personal problem, it seemed more like the whole team didn't have any clue how to defend against tips. From my impression the team tactics was that the block-free net player should cover the tips, but Ebrar played them so well so closely behind the block that it was very hard to defend. At some point I think Naranjo wanted the block players to try to defend those balls themselves after landing, but that was impossible too.

• I don't think this was her personal problem, it seemed more like the whole team didn't have any clue how to defend against tips. From my impression the team tactics was that the block-free net player should cover the tips, but Ebrar played them so well so closely behind the block that it was very hard to defend. At some point I think Naranjo wanted the block players to try to defend those balls themselves after landing, but that was impossible too.

Sounds like true, it was weird to me, the few ones she didn't even try to dig. The block free player tactic is often nowadays, Boskovic doing that so good for example, but when you have short OH's and tall long hand opposite on the other side, you can't rely on that tactic, not that tips are close behind the block only but also almost on the right line usualy.

Anyway this was the first Potsdam CL match (at least in the near future), so considered that and overall quality of both teams, this wasn't horrible at all. Good luck to them in furture competition.

• Sounds like true, it was weird to me, the few ones she didn't even try to dig. The block free player tactic is often nowadays, Boskovic doing that so good for example, but when you have short OH's and tall long hand opposite on the other side, you can't rely on that tactic, not that tips are close behind the block only but also almost on the right line usualy.

Anyway this was the first Potsdam CL match (at least in the near future), so considered that and overall quality of both teams, this wasn't horrible at all. Good luck to them in furture competition.

Don't forget Potsdam will face best women's club team of the last decade or so: VakifBank. They never played this category of opponent before and will face Egonu there too.

• According to the CEV match center, Stuttgart will play with Künzler and Wezorke instead of Lee and Schölzl. That's a surprise, but maybe Lee is still not fully recovered. Or the information on the cev page is not the final lineup.

• Sounds like true, it was weird to me, the few ones she didn't even try to dig. The block free player tactic is often nowadays, Boskovic doing that so good for example, but when you have short OH's and tall long hand opposite on the other side, you can't rely on that tactic, not that tips are close behind the block only but also almost on the right line usualy.

what does block-free mean?