Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2022-2023

• The team with the funny Japanese name wins 3–2 :!: Just as I predicted :teach:

Saiki = VOM :obey:

• What do you mean? You think they will continue with 12 in V1 and have 14 in V2?

Didn't they break up the men's V.League this year and demote a few teams?

in The men’s league, in V2, they did to V3, but the top level is at 10 as the Tokyo Great Bears replaced FC Tokyo, basically many of the players stayed and hence with the new owners stayed in V1.

V-League is happy with 12 in V1 women, so that will not change. Basically all teams in V2 minus Veertien Mie (newbies), GSS Tokyo and Kumamoto are at S1 licenses. With three new teams S3 in 23-24, Kurashiki Ablaze, Artemis Hokkaido and Kanoa Fukuoka, you would have 14 teams in V2. I don’t think they would do a V3 until the 4 most recent teams got S2 licenses, as they could say, 10 teams in V2, then new teams enter at V3. Plus with 14 teams easy to say home and home matches (26 matches) for whole league.

• proud sis :rose:

What a nice shot ! All my favourite Japanese players are here.....Isshi, Koga, Nishikawa ? (in green, partly hidden) and of course Nagaoka. I first saw Nagaoka playing when she was a teenager more than 10 years ago. I followed her progress in the NT (Junior) and then the senior team, through periods when she was injured and when she was well. Happy to see her fully recovered and enjoying her volleyball again... <3

• Hey :!: I just remembered they used to do V2 all stars as well. The last time they had All Stars, back in the 18/19 season they had V2 All Star Game, and at least the two seasons prior to that ... back when Denso, Saitama, Kurobe (16/17), and Okayama and PFU (17/18) were in V2. I wonder why they didn't do that this year :(

• Uni Girls keep coming ...

PFU:

Kiiro Omura OP from NSSU listed as OH with PFU because Valdes . Kiiro is my most highly anticipated, but PFU seems a bummer. Valdes and Acosta have two of the pins locked which throws her in a bag with a half dozen other capable swingers. She's a right side hitter who does YOLO slides and has a real door-slamming swing. Spends a lot of time on the floor playing defense and has a good punchy serve (two time award winner). She'll get a lot of serve sub calls right away with PFU, maybe an occasional dub subs

I wanted her on Kurobe or Hitachi or Okayama even. Dang

Himeji:

Mao Ito MB from Tokai

Mana Yoshida Libero from Senri Kinran

Both top of class at their position. Himeji is just hoarding players now

• More Uni Girls .... :drink:

Toyota:

Furi Takasa - Setter from TWCPE - dob 2000-09-04

Yuki Yoshinaga - OH from TWCPE - dob 2001-11-23

Yuka Iwashima – MB from TWCPE - dob 2002-09-16

Something fishy about two of those three STARTERS from TWCPE. It's sometimes guesswork to figure out what year they are in college, but looking at the birth dates I think I have it right with Yoshinaga a junior and Iwashima a sophomore. Maybe Toyota has some deal like Himeji has with Arina Tsutsumi

TWCPE's other MB, Yuna Adachi, and their OP, Miku Nakajima, are both seniors and will be fine catches for some team. Yuna Adachi is a personal fave. I believe she'll play OP in V.League tho

• Toyota announced the acquisition of those three TWCPE players and confirms the underclassman status of two of them. Not sure what that means or how it's going to work out

TWCPE started the Uni Champs Tournament as my fave but failed to execute, and other teams showed a bigger fun factor as the tournament progressed. Their two best players are still free agents in waiting

I gotta give a shout out to the setter Furi Takasa ("Furi" is probably her name. I dunno). She strikes me as a combination of Misaki Inoue and Airi Tahara. Not great but a big bag of adorable fun

• I gotta give a shout out to the setter Furi Takasa ("Furi" is probably her name. I dunno). She strikes me as a combination of Misaki Inoue and Airi Tahara. Not great but a big bag of adorable fun

It's Furi "Kousa". Had to correct that for the record

• I'd also like to add to the official record that Furi Kousa* reminds me of retired Toyota setter Momoka Higane :heart: Toyota's struggles started when she retired

*Kousa is shown on her V.League page but it's likely one of those Rei Kudou/Kudo deals. Kudo one year, Koudo the next, Kudou the next ... You say Takasou, I say Takaso

• With the men's superstar Yuji Nishida....

What a "fairytale"-like pairing: the captain of the Women's national team and the star player of the Men's national team.

Nishida is one year younger than me, and here I am still single while he's already married :pinch:

• In case anyone was wondering what happened to PFU's Kanoha Kagamihara ... this might be her