2022 Asian Women's U20 Volleyball Championship (July 4-11)

• indeed.

I meant to ask you about the arenas you mentioned. It seems like there have been two different arenas, yes? volleybox (I know, I know :) ) has all the matches at Nazarbayev University Hall. Not that it matters much at all. I originally wanted to know the arena(s) so I could add the matches there, so it's kind of moot now. Still a little curious, tho

According to the original document, it was designed to use 2 arenas. But I have no idea any change was made.

• Looks to me like Saiki is getting in shape, losing a little baby fat, while Megumi might be bulking up a bit. It was hard to tell the two of them apart, whereas a couple months ago they were like night and day

• Pretty sure it's two different arenas. The first round was poorly lit, like they thought opening a couple windows would bring in enough sunlight to play, glarey weirdness be damned . Doesn't appear to be windows in Round 2 arena, so they used lighting :thumbup:

• How does one play in the first arena...

• How does one play in the first arena...

8)

• But according to P2, all matches played in Main Sports Centre at NU. Also these two pictures for me, is the same arena. The only difference is that the curtains are drawn
    Bulletin-2.pdf (asianvolleyball.net)
    Bulletin-3.pdf (asianvolleyball.net)

• But according to P2, all matches played in Main Sports Centre at NU. Also these two pictures for me, is the same arena. The only difference is that the curtains are drawn
    Bulletin-2.pdf (asianvolleyball.net)
    Bulletin-3.pdf (asianvolleyball.net)

yeah, that's why I hedged with "pretty sure"

I guess those are long black drapes

• Japan:

Niina Kumagai S

Ayane Kitamado & Yoshitake MB

Saiki & Anna Uemura OH

Tsugumi Fukazawa OP

Amika Tokumoto L

• Going to be difficult for Japan to sneak around or push back against the bigger Chinese players

And they are going to have to quit with the service errors and oopsy sets

• Actually the Japanese girls are tall also...esp. no.1, no.5 and no.7...perhaps their dark Jerseys make them look smaller !

Chinese players played bigger, is what it seemed like to me

and they are bigger. Japan #1=176, #7=177, ... #5 is 182, about the size of the shortest Chinese player, and 182, along with the other 184 MB don't play big at all. #7 MB plays the biggest, imo

China #1 and #5 are pretty beastly. They look good to me

• Chinese players played bigger, is what it seemed like to me

and they are bigger. Japan #1=176, #7=177, ... #5 is 182, about the size of the shortest Chinese player, and 182, along with the other 184 MB don't play big at all. #7 MB plays the biggest, imo

China #1 and #5 are pretty beastly. They look good to me

“ Beastly !“ ... =O

😅

For the last several minutes I checked with Dictionary.com and found...

The adjective beastly means monstrous, nasty, vile, or cruel. A more recent slang sense of beast is completely positive. Calling someone a beast in this way means they are extremely strong, skilled, or dominant in some activity, such as a sport, as in Tara is a beast on the volleyball court

• I definitely mean it in a positive way

• This was intimidating:

• Hope they can grow to be these two:

#'s 4 & 6 are the scorers, but #'s 1 & 5 seem like the enforcers . I've only seen this one match tho

• sitenoise do you have player info sheets like height? can't find on AVC website.

Bulletin #1

• #'s 4 & 6 are the scorers, but #'s 1 & 5 seem like the enforcers . I've only seen this one match tho

outside: 4-wang yifan(c), 6-zhuang yushan, 3-shang chunyu, 13-zhuang xinru
    middle: 5-wang yiting, 8-zeng jieya, 9-zhang hongzima
    setter: 10-zhang kexin, 12-yin xiaolan
    opp: 1-li xuemeng
    lib: 2-chang baoyi, 11-wu xinyu

your impression is correct: outsides are carrying the team (six rounds of reception, all the out of system attacks go there), opp used to be an outside, has a good topspin serve. wonder if the adult liberos in the NT can pick that up lol

apparently the middles don't hit the slide

thanks. hope they can grow a bit more. (currently at 188, 185, 189)