2022 FIVB Challenger Cup - Men

• He had covid and not practising for 1 week but he might be clarified for the final game.

I hope he will, he is the only one who can actually block. Vahit emre is a good attacker but can't block well. I wish Ahmet Tümer would be there instead

• looks like we won't see South Korea and specially Australia in FIVB competitions for a while. considering their current very poor ranking (34 and 39) they won't qualify for FIVB tournaments anytime soon. (even for 2023 Challenger Cup unless they host it)

they have to wait until Asian Championships in 2023 to play a ranking tournament !

with these Olympic qualification formats. both of them had no chance to qualify from the beginning. but now it's officially over for them.

• looks like we won't see South Korea and specially Australia in FIVB competitions for a while. considering their current very poor ranking (34 and 39) they won't qualify for FIVB tournaments anytime soon. (even for 2023 Challenger Cup unless they host it)

they have to wait until Asian Championships in 2023 to play a ranking tournament !

with these Olympic qualification formats. both of them had no chance to qualify from the beginning. but now it's officially over for them.

AVC needs more competitions so that countries can earn some world ranking points. This Olympics qualify format kills volleyball in tier-2/tier3 countries.

• AVC should create in a first place some equivalent to European Golden League (or what's its name right now) to provide Asian teams a chance to compete on annual basis, it's hard to complain about OQT rules when you have four teams in top24 of FIVB ranking.

I wish both Cuba and Turkey play in VNL the next year, so I hope for an entertaining final since both teams deserve a spot.

• AVC should create in a first place some equivalent to European Golden League (or what's its name right now) to provide Asian teams a chance to compete on annual basis, it's hard to complain about OQT rules when you have four teams in top24 of FIVB ranking.

They have AVC Volleyball Championships every 2 years (2021, 2023 etc), plus AVC Volleyball Cup and AVC Volleyball Challenge Cup during the other years (2022, 2024 etc)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Men%27s_Volleyball_Cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…_Volleyball_Challenge_Cup

• They have AVC Volleyball Championships every 2 years (2021, 2023 etc), plus AVC Volleyball Cup and AVC Volleyball Challenge Cup during the other years (2022, 2024 etc)

Yeah, but this is once in two years event, and I wonder if it will count to FIVB rankings the same as European League, because I remember Iran sending there their B/C squads, and I don't see it in FIVB calendar for this year.

This Golden European League is a good equivalent of 2nd/3rd divisions of World League from the past, and it is held on annual basis, counted to the world rankings, so that's a different story.

• They have AVC Volleyball Championships every 2 years (2021, 2023 etc), plus AVC Volleyball Cup and AVC Volleyball Challenge Cup during the other years (2022, 2024 etc)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Men%27s_Volleyball_Cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…_Volleyball_Challenge_Cup

Asian Championship just like other continents' championship, nothing special. It's mandatory by FIVB as well.

Maximum 12 teams to participate in AVC Cup. It took 5 matches to win the tournament last time Iran participated.

AVC Challenge Cup is for lower ranking countries to take part in. It's good idea. I hope AVC keeps it alive. Hong Kong won the women's challenge cup this year, only played 5 matches as well.

I think the President of AVC had expressed the wish to create a new competion so that AVC can gain finacially and the level of Asian volleyball can grow. I've heard this story for almost 5 years but nothing is created.

• I forgot AVC Cup but I'm also not sure if it counts for the ranking. it fits the criteria though

Iran will send a junior team not even the B team. B team is going to participate in Islamic Solidarity Games in Turkey.

• What difference does it make? They can play each other 500 times and still won't ever reach top 11 of rankings which is in practice the requirement to qualify for olympics now.

It's basically impossible to make the games if you aren't in VNL and aren't african. They had their chance to play VNL here but proven too weak.

• What difference does it make? They can play each other 500 times and still won't ever reach top 11 of rankings which is in practice the requirement to qualify for olympics now.

It's basically impossible to make the games if you aren't in VNL and aren't african. They had their chance to play VNL here but proven too weak.

I agree, and I don't see why this is a problem. Like if a team can't even win challenger cup of course they don't deserve to be in Olympics and it is not a loss for volleyball world. There's nothing unfair. Dominance of European countries in male volleyball is even more evident than in female volleyball

• Cuba is just too much for Turkey right now

I don't think problem was Cuba playing great. Adis was terrible at first set but at second set, he played as his usual. Also Mirza is just soo good, his reception can get shaky at times but he is almost always attacking above block. I think he should have replaced Burak instead of Burutay. Our MBs are all over the place at blocking. Cuban setter was fulling Samet many times😶

Nedim's comments during timeout is like coach of female Canadian team: plain useless🤦

• Berkay's reception is good but his reaction time at defense is really bad, I think we should play with 2 liberos.

Mirza played with 5 out of 5 attacks, it doesn't make sense to start with Burak at 3rd set🤦

Vahit Savaş is scoring well but he is also getting blocked a lot so I don't think he will end up at positive at the end of the match😶