China NT 2023

• http://www.volleychina.org/b/2…doc-imyctuyp3491480.shtml

The official 1st training camp of Chinese women's NT:

I only give the list of players: () won't join, bold as the noob

OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yun-lu, Duan Fang, Zhong Hui, (Wu Meng-jie), Du Qing-qing, Wang Yi-fan, (Chen Xi-yue)

MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Gao Yi, Yang Han-yu, (Zeng Jie-ya)

S - Diao Lin-yu, (Ding Xia), Xu Xiao-ting

OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Zheng Yi-xin, Duan Meng-ke, (Miao Yi-wen)

L - Wang Meng-jie, Xu Jia-nan, Ni Fei-fan

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Zhu Ting, Yao Di, Wang Simin, Xue Yizhi, Zhang Shiqi, Zang Qianqian, Zhou Yetong, and Zhuang Yushan could assemble a team and beat this training camp.

bad coach, bad.

• Zhu Ting, Yao Di, Wang Simin, Xue Yizhi, Zhang Shiqi, Zang Qianqian, Zhou Yetong, and Zhuang Yushan could assemble a team and beat this training camp.

bad coach, bad.

Zhu, Yao Di, and Wang Simin being left out likely because they still need to finish their seasons abroad, but as for the rest it's a shame. They all should've been listed. Middles are boring, same ones and no new faces. I wonder if Xue Yizhi declined?? ;( Poor Zhuang Yushan who has the most fighting spirit in that small frame of hers than all of Yuan.

• Zhu, Yao Di, and Wang Simin being left out likely because they still need to finish their seasons abroad, but as for the rest it's a shame. They all should've been listed. Middles are boring, same ones and no new faces. I wonder if Xue Yizhi declined?? ;( Poor Zhuang Yushan who has the most fighting spirit in that small frame of hers than all of Yuan.

Here's the thing about Zhu, Yao, and Wang: in the past when Zhu was in Turkey she was still listed but not called. Just like Ding Xia this year.

We know that Zhu has beef with the Jiangsu sports establishment (more accurately, they have beef with Zhu) and Zhang Chen is still the assistant coach. Add in the non inclusion of Yao Di (direct competitor to Diao Linyu), Zang Qianqian (removed from jiangsu starting lineup for Ni Feifan), and Xue Yizhi (formerly with Jiangsu youth, never returned to jiangsu even though the latter are missing middles) and the circumstantial evidence adds up.

I wouldn't be suprised at the chicanery behind the scenes.

• Here's the thing about Zhu, Yao, and Wang: in the past when Zhu was in Turkey she was still listed but not called. Just like Ding Xia this year.

We know that Zhu has beef with the Jiangsu sports establishment (more accurately, they have beef with Zhu) and Zhang Chen is still the assistant coach. Add in the non inclusion of Yao Di (direct competitor to Diao Linyu), Zang Qianqian (removed from jiangsu starting lineup for Ni Feifan), and Xue Yizhi (formerly with Jiangsu youth, never returned to jiangsu even though the latter are missing middles) and the circumstantial evidence adds up.

I wouldn't be suprised at the chicanery behind the scenes.

It might be too early to speculate things, but if Zhu is really left off the NT roster come this summer once she's available then the volleyball gods will surely punish Cai Bin till the end of time.

• Does he have drama with Zhou Yetong too? He left out his own Jiangsu player who really should be 2nd/3rd option for opposite and picked up some tall girl from Henan not named Zhu. :whistle:

Zheng Yixin was tried as opposite before, I think it was at one of the Montreux Volley Masters and it didn't work. It might've been Diao setting her too...

• Does he have drama with Zhou Yetong too? He left out his own Jiangsu player who really should be 2nd/3rd option for opposite and picked up some tall girl from Henan not named Zhu. :whistle:

Zheng Yixin was tried as opposite before, I think it was at one of the Montreux Volley Masters and it didn't work. It might've been Diao setting her too...

I don't think so. I'm not a fan of Zheng Yixin as opposite.

• Zhu, Yao Di, and Wang Simin being left out likely because they still need to finish their seasons abroad, but as for the rest it's a shame. They all should've been listed. Middles are boring, same ones and no new faces. I wonder if Xue Yizhi declined?? ;( Poor Zhuang Yushan who has the most fighting spirit in that small frame of hers than all of Yuan.

In fact, you could see the roster of men's NT, almost all players in the foreign countries are still in the roster but the one of women's NT is without the players playing matches abroad.

http://www.volleychina.org/b/2023-01-28/doc-imyctuyp3491434.shtml

(Yu Yao-chen, Jiang Chuan, Wang Dong-chen and Peng Shi-kun in Japan, Yu Yuan-tai in Qatar)

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• In fact, you could see the roster of men's NT, almost all players in the foreign countries are still in the roster but the one of women's NT is without the players playing matches abroad.

http://www.volleychina.org/b/2023-01-28/doc-imyctuyp3491434.shtml

(Yu Yao-chen, Jiang Chuan, Wang Dong-chen and Peng Shi-kun in Japan, Yu Yuan-tai in Qatar)

WTF! Who are in the committee for NT players selection? Are the members of the selection committee the same for men and women? This is just not fair and right. Zhu Ting no question / doubt should be in the NT roster. ZT is still playing very well. She almost had her volleyball career destroyed / ended by 🇨🇳🏐 officials, Lang Ping and her coaching assistants/staff; they insisted on her playing even though her injury was serious and delayed her surgery and treatments. I did not follow the CVL, so I do not know well who were playing well. However, I did look at the results / data. Zheng Yixin has been consistent in her performance - no problem for her getting selected. Just don’t understand why good players who have done well in CVL, but fall short of the height requirement of 🇨🇳🏐are not given opportunity to get into NT or even the training. Gabby if she was Chinese she wouldn’t be selected for 🇨🇳🏐NT. There might a potential Chinese player who will be like Gabby.

• WTF! Who are in the committee for NT players selection? Are the members of the selection committee the same for men and women? This is just not fair and right. Zhu Ting no question / doubt should be in the NT roster. ZT is still playing very well. She almost had her volleyball career destroyed / ended by 🇨🇳🏐 officials, Lang Ping and her coaching assistants/staff; they insisted on her playing even though her injury was serious and delayed her surgery and treatments. I did not follow the CVL, so I do not know well who were playing well. However, I did look at the results / data. Zheng Yixin has been consistent in her performance - no problem for her getting selected. Just don’t understand why good players who have done well in CVL, but fall short of the height requirement of 🇨🇳🏐are not given opportunity to get into NT or even the training. Gabby if she was Chinese she wouldn’t be selected for 🇨🇳🏐NT. There might a potential Chinese player who will be like Gabby.

the Chinese female players who are playing matches abroad:

Italy: Zhu Ting and Yao Di

France: Wang Si-min

Indonesia: Jin Ye and Chen Pei-yan

Thailand: Che Wen-han (Chunburi) and Li Ya-nan (Khon Kaen)

At least, I know these.

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Zhu Ting no question / doubt should be in the NT roster. ZT is still playing very well

I don't believe they will actually leave her out; after all, Cai Bin is still depending on her to save his sorry ass especially with Japan being stronger and the possibility of Russia in Asian Games.

Doesn't mean it's not disgusting. Every player not selected I can think of a "conspiracy reason" for explaining it. That makes it less of a "conspiracy theory".

Also why is Zhang Chen even there. His most well-known accomplishment is putting on Hui Ruoqi's jersey and subbing on during a female all-star game.

• For the fans here, incl all of us, we have been looking forward to some good news, maybe some changes, something to cheer about, and yet all we got was more depressing announcements....

It's hard to understand why Zhou Yetong is not included and Wang Yindi too (imo).

...among others deserving a spot (eg. Zhuang Yushan).

but, at least Zhong Hui is in the training list....hopefully she’ll be included in the NT.

:|

• In fact, don't forget that Russian Volleyball Association said Chinese U21 female NT (and Chinese senior male NT) will play friendly matches in Russia in April.

Last year, before U19 ACH and U21 ACH, CVA didn't give the whole training rosters officially!

male NT:

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu

• Wang Yunlu is selected again. How was her performance? Her spot should be given to a younger player. Her jumping ability hasn’t improved much and she isn’t young. Who do you think should be selected for the OH position besides LYY and ZT for the OH NT?

• Wang Yunlu is selected again. How was her performance? Her spot should be given to a younger player. Her jumping ability hasn’t improved much and she isn’t young. Who do you think should be selected for the OH position besides LYY and ZT for the OH NT?

She got better towards the end of WCH. I think picking her is not a wrong choice (unlike, for example, Duan Fang).

It should be Zhu, LYY, and Zhong Hui. 4th option should be Zhuang Yushan, but likely Wang Yunlu.

• She got better towards the end of WCH. I think picking her is not a wrong choice (unlike, for example, Duan Fang).

Isn't Duan Fang injured currently? Same with Ni Feifan?

Cai Bin selecting injured and out of form players when he could be selecting ones fit and healthy. :gone:

• Isn't Duan Fang injured currently? Same with Ni Feifan?

Cai Bin selecting injured and out of form players when he could be selecting ones fit and healthy. :gone:

🤔 There must be something wrong with CB’s brain or /and his eyes. Why is he not broadening his choices? Afraid to take chances on new faces? Bring in some new faces and test their abilities rather than the mediocre faces for similar or declining performances. This year’s international competitions should be the time to introduce new potentials and gear up for Paris 2024.