Italian Women's NT 2023

• Squarcini had hard times in the first round too, against other tall and strong teams.

She is too short to play against other top teams for international level (on the standard of A team ofc). Italy is not Japan.

She's good (and beautiful)...

She is very technically gifted, but if the game is put on a physical plane, she pays a very high price…

• Squarcini had hard times in the first round too, against other tall and strong teams.

She is too short to play against other top teams for international level (on the standard of A team ofc). Italy is not Japan.

I said before in the Serie A1 thread that it was Wolosz making her look good in those games she started and played well in Imoco. Not to take away for success at those games, but with the Italian setters who are much less precise and consistent in NT, I have serious doubt what contribution she can have here, as she is neither a very good blocker.

Even worse is her serves, her serves have betrayed her since mid season. You know 90% she’d gonna miss it before she serves, especially when she came in as a serving sub.

• Bosio too is underperforming, especially in setting to the MBs.

I think she has bad connection with MB the whole season, the connection for MB to attack in front of her to be specific.

Mazzaro has 40% attacking right, 30% of efficiency throughout the season, one of the lowest attacking rate for MB2 in the league.

As comparison, Melandri has 46% attacking rate. And Carlini has been known as the setter not good at setting the MB.

• After Malual's dreadful performance of first round, Mazzanti still brought her to HK and Bangkok. WHY WHY WHY :wall::wall:

I feel sorry for the backup setter, the double substitution is useless when the opp comes on court is too weak to actually make a difference. Let's hope Nwakalor stays healthy to play the rest of the matches.

Good leadership from Sylla today, united the team together and pulled through :)

• As Girbic said, playing club volleyball is different from playing International volleyball. There are certainly some players that are good at one and bad at the other.

I am glad Sylla is here to help these youngster while her fellow teammates are taking the time off to recover/recharge.

• Sylla seems good after a long time. With Milano was completely awful but with NT is like a different player. I hope that she can continue to play like this in the specially in the attack.

Its been the case in the last 3-4 years. As long as she keeps playing well with the NT, I don't care if she plays her worst for the club season. Well not really, since Egonu is in Milano now I want them to win everything lol

• and Parocchiale was not helping much, pretty sure Moki and Fersino would have covered more reception space.

On an Italian blog (Pasini's), an idiot wrote that Parrocchiale plays in the starting six because she is engaged to Francesco Recine (OH of Piacenza and Italian NT) whose father Francesco (ex GM of Lube and Perugia) is now the manager of the women's national team...

Disgusting insinuations, absolutely unfounded and without any confirmation...

If human stupidity can have a limit, here it is definitely exceeded...

Fersino is not mysteriously relegated to the bench, she is gradually recovering from an injury...

• On an Italian blog (Pasini's), an idiot wrote that Parrocchiale plays in the starting six because she is engaged to Francesco Recine (OH of Piacenza and Italian NT) whose father Francesco (ex GM of Lube and Perugia) is now the manager of the women's national team...

Fersino is not mysteriously relegated to the bench, she is gradually recovering from an injury...

you are right. This kind of conspiracy is toxic and irrespectful for the girls and Francesco in NT.

I inclined to believe that Parrocchiale is starting because she is in better form and Fersino could do better as a backrow substitution for Omoruyi with her excellent passing skill. Parrocchiale used to do this job but when she came in, she often delivered bad passing.

On an Italian blog (Pasini's), an idiot wrote that Parrocchiale plays in the starting six because she is engaged to Francesco Recine (OH of Piacenza and Italian NT) whose father Francesco (ex GM of Lube and Perugia) is now the manager of the women's national team...

The truth that a lot of peaple can not understand why Parrocchiale is the starter libero and Fersino not. Seems normal to you that? Fersino is just in an other level as a player. I do not want even to think that she will be the second libero after Moki in the European championship . This is stupid. She is not better not only than Fersino but than a lot of liberos in Italy.... And she is not even in a good shape....

The truth that a lot of peaple can not understand why Parrocchiale is the starter libero and Fersino not. Seems normal to you that? Fersino is just in an other level as a player. I do not want even to think that she will be the second libero after Moki in the European championship . This is stupid. She is not better not only than Fersino but than a lot of liberos in Italy.... And she is not even in a good shape....

Well Fersino was injured and as someone pointed out, Mazzanti uses Fersino as sub for Loli when she is backrow. I guess his rationale is that Fersino is a mich better passer than Parrocchiale, who is only good at defense. Or that Fersino is not 100% ready to take thw field for a whole match.

• On an Italian blog (Pasini's), an idiot wrote that Parrocchiale plays in the starting six because she is engaged to Francesco Recine (OH of Piacenza and Italian NT) whose father Francesco (ex GM of Lube and Perugia) is now the manager of the women's national team...

I'm not a fan of Parrocchiale, but that's low. These kind of people belong to the pubs, where the bartender serve them one beer after another and the rest of the audience makes fun of their nonsense.