Italian Women's NT 2023

• Italy B beat Wisconsin 3-2 today (25-20, 26-24, 19-25, 13-25, 15-11)

I dont know rosters for Italy B. I saw Diop, Graziani, and Piva all playing.

if you care about the NCAA side

• Not sure who played in that match but the Italian B team that has been training since beggining June is:

Ofc Gennari is now at the VNL so Battistioni might've taken her place. Same applies to Fersino.

• There's some photos on twitter.com/badgervb but i dont know the setters faces lol

From the pics I could only see and recognize Diop, Morello, Piva, Graziani

• Antropova had to withdraw from her commitment as "Leggiadra Madonna" in Calcio Storico Fiorentino and was replaced by Enrica Merlo.

"Ekaterina Antropova, who had been indicated at first, had to respond to the call-up with the Italian national team in view of the international commitments of the blues and, therefore, will not be able to be present in Piazza Santa Croce. Tomorrow the Magnificent Messeri will be the rugby blues Lorenzo and Niccolò Cannone."

https://www.055firenze.it/art/…Calcio-Storico-Fiorentino

• Here's video

• But these players should help themselves with their club choices in the first place, because Gardini won't play in Vallefoglia and I'm afraid Omoruyi will be benched as well in Chieri. I just wish 05-07 generation will be much better because these players theoretically can make it to the LA Olympics.

I don't know, Košeleva is a great player but it's not like she's getting any younger and we all saw Degradi in the last weeks. It might be harder for Omoruyi, but Chieri, with Bregoli at the helm at least, seems like a good enviroment to be in. I won't be surprised if they manage to "fix" Malinov to be honest.

Completely different story is the be a bench player in a top team versus be the starter in a low tier team challenge: while I think that having the most playtime possible is better for a youngster, sometimes I wonder if playing in bad teams like Perugia this year is really that helpful for the growth of a player.

• I didn't watch the match so I'm just having a guess from the stats, but it seems like Bulgaria was Italy today. I wonder how much this is because of Italy putting pressure on Bulgaria rather than Bulgaria just being poor.

Kind of rough day at the office for Omoruyi too.

I would say Bulgaria player worse than the first round due to Italian good block-defense. Omoruyi is unstable as always but it's right to start her with Sylla, she doesn't make many silly mistakes like Degradi ( probably one of the reason Italy made less errors). A win is a win, hopefully she plays better against DOM.

• I noticed Mazzanti is making all the OHs to jump set the balls with fake pipe attack in the back row during transition. More often than not, it didn't end well. Maybe Mazzanti watched too many Japanese Men games to come up with this idea. Personally i am not a fan of these stunts in women volleyball, especially when Italy is an error prone team.

• I noticed Mazzanti is making all the OHs to jump set the balls with fake pipe attack in the back row during transition. More often than not, it didn't end well. Maybe Mazzanti watched too many Japanese Men games to come up with this idea. Personally i am not a fan of these stunts in women volleyball, especially when Italy is an error prone team.

yeah he was constantly asking to do that in the timeouts of those first friendlies, but no one ever actually attacked that as a pipe yet i believe lol

19qa00.jpg

• Squarcini is having hard times today, against tall and strong dominicans she can do little.

Bosio too is underperforming, especially in setting to the MBs.

• Squarcini is having hard times today, against tall and strong dominicans she can do little.

Bosio too is underperforming, especially in setting to the MBs.

Squarcini had hard times in the first round too, against other tall and strong teams.

She is too short to play against other top teams for international level (on the standard of A team ofc). Italy is not Japan.