Turkey 2023

• Carutusu, Vargas and now Sinead Jack? When Turkey is buying Egonu? Any news? :lol::lol:

Jack married with a Turkish man

Carutasu play for VakıfBank for 4 years even her young age

Only Vargas you can talk about like that I think but remember that when she is banned from volleyball, Turkey become her new home after her transfer to Fenerbahçe.

• Carutasu came turkey at 14-15. she went turkish high school and can speak turkish. We didn't buy her. she chose to play for Turkey with her own free will.

Jack will never play for turkish NT, there is no reason for TVF to give money. probably Eczacıbaşı did not give any money either.

• Carutusu, Vargas and now Sinead Jack? When Turkey is buying Egonu? Any news? :lol::lol:

I cannot decide whether this is pure jealousy or classic eurocentric idea...

• I dont even understand why people are complaining about this, it's been said 1 million times. but only 1 naturalized player can play for the team at the same time anyway. Jack married a Turkish guy, she is a local bcs of this reason, not because she is bought, she won't get an NT call either.

Vargas is the only one where you can say she got ''bought'' indeed but as people said she got banned from her local federation and she is one of the best Opps in the world, she would never get a chance to play for int. competitions otherwise and Turkey became her second home.

Alexia also wasn't bought at all, Romania tried so hard to keep her but it was her personal decision to switch federations. She didn't feel happy with the Romanian NT/federation and she has been in Turkey since she was a teenager (and even before that she was scouted) even learning Turkish and really adheres to the culture.

• I cannot decide whether this is pure jealousy or classic eurocentric idea...

What he said may be wrong and oversimplified but how is it eurocentric? Care to explain your line of reasoning?

• As Beri said, only 1 naturalized player can play at any one time, so even if they naturalize 100 players, it won't technically get them any closer to trophies than if they were to naturalize 1. However, I think it's demeaning to players themselves (at least those that are hoping to play for the NT). Okay, so you have a rotating stable of half a dozen hopefuls. You try one of them at VNL at such and such a year. They play...fine. Nothing spectacular, but not bad. You tell them: "Okay, get back to your corner. You there, you're next." You try the next one in the rotation at the European Championship later in the year. And so on and so on. There is something... inherently demeaning and humiliating in the whole affair.

And what happens when you introduce an overwhelming element, like for instance (as 7up said), Egonu. Say, TVF decides to say to Egonu: "Okay, you have problems with racists in your country. You love your country, but it's clear not whole of it loves you back. And your generation isn't as overwhelmingly superior as many have expected and predicted. So, we'll pay you 10 million euros to not play internationally for the next 2 years. You apply to change your sport citizenship and after a waiting period, you play with us. You'll still be young enough to compete for years with us, you'll be showered with love and adoration and you'll earn significantly more money".

Vargas and Alexia (and any other player that Turkey might wish to naturalize or any player who wishes, for whatever reason, to play for Turkey) can never hope to compete with her. They have been looking forward to the day when they are going to try on that jersey that they might have been dreaming about for some time. They maybe experienced critiques and blowback from their home countries. But it's okay, it will all be worth it at the end of the line!

Now, you are basically telling them that this is the end of their aspirations. Once Egonu is eligible to play, no other player in the rotating stable will ever be invited. And why not do it? If we are accumulating assets for future deployment, why not go for the ultimate prize? Might as well...

• I don't think that TVF would think like that. Mehmet Akif Üstündağ (TVF President) always says that if we will naturalize a player and play for national team, the player must feel like Turkish. Remember what they done to Neriman Özsoy. I think transfer of Santarelli hurts so much.

• I don't think that TVF would think like that. Mehmet Akif Üstündağ (TVF President) always says that if we will naturalize a player and play for national team, the player must feel like Turkish. Remember what they done to Neriman Özsoy. I think transfer of Santarelli hurts so much.

This sound as total joke. ^^

Btw Caratasu played for Romania in all categories, also for senior NT in eurovolley2021. Than she had very good season in GS and suddenly she "fell in love" with Istanbul and Turkey and not happy anymore in Romania. I am sure money is not involved and turkiy$ is innocent in this story. :lol:

• Only Vargas you can talk about like that I think but remember that when she is banned from volleyball, Turkey become her new home after her transfer to Fenerbahçe.

Nothing to do with this ongoing naturalization "discussion" but it's perfect cue and It's fair to say after TERZIC sign her as SB COMMUNITY player.

• Alexia also wasn't bought at all, Romania tried so hard to keep her but it was her personal decision to switch federations. She didn't feel happy with the Romanian NT/federation and she has been in Turkey since she was a teenager (and even before that she was scouted) even learning Turkish and really adheres to the culture.

TBH this is BS. She choose Turkey (where she undoubtely feeling well and that's great) for better career prosperety and better life (or at least more money) because of more options as local player. This is hard simplification but it's true. She is bought and even i'm not a fan a naturalization i don't see anything bad there, even as volleyball fan i'm happy that she will be maybe huge factor for growth of this league.

• Tell me how many thropies you won with the Tijana Boskovic and Brankica Mihajlovic which have Bosnian origin? Are you still talking about them? Alexia came to Turkey at same age Tijana came to Serbia. Melissa is different as I said.

Only one of them is naturalized. Incidentally, that player (Mihajlovic) is AFAIK the only naturalized player in our modern volleyball history.

With that dealt with, have you ever heard of whataboutism?

• Tell me how many thropies you won with the Tijana Boskovic and Brankica Mihajlovic which have Bosnian origin? Are you still talking about them? Alexia came to Turkey at same age Tijana came to Serbia. Melissa is different as I said.

LoL

The party begins :heart::cheesy::mirror:

We bought better players obivously and we even convinced them that they were born as Serbian's. Not only them, but the whole families. What a great job we done

• If Galatasaray was paid to Tijana's family 10k euro in 2010, you won't able to watch her in Serbian NT.

Sure

Also: and? Are you going to address any of the points thus far raised or are you going to continue to gish gallop?