Serbian Women's NT 2023

• I mean i personally would love to be Tijana, its her team now, Maja generations retired 2 years ago but is for sure unimportant for them. We will see when match start

I agree it should be Tijana but I’m curious

• I would call this VNL season a failure.

I will not call completely failure just because we got Uzelac promoted to A team.

I dont even talk about playoff, nobody really cared about that(maybe Guideti), but for sure not us, most of us wanted younger players all the way. Also we are not only team in bad form.

But what i mean, this season finished without point. And results is:

no youngsters given chance to gain experience(expect Uzelac)

no medals

main team is tired for no reason before long season

ranking points are literally the same as would be playing youngsters(also ranking is not that important tbh)

Also i didn't like that Guidetti didn't played single game with world championship roster(why not if there are already called).

• I feel that he is doing what exactly did to the Turkish OH. They do not give them the time wich they need to find their good shape and he is making changes again and again all the time . But to be honest he is a little bit unlucky because the players was from a bad period from their clubs. Anyway . The Serbian team is very experienced and I think that they will find themselves for the european championship. Yes right now they are not good but look what happend to Italy the last season. They mad an excellent VNL but they play much worst than their standards in the world championship. Also the opposite happend with the men of Italy . The last season prove that what we see in VNL it may not matter at all.

• I feel that he is doing what exactly did to the Turkish OH. They do not give them the time wich they need to find their good shape and he is making changes again and again all the time . But to be honest he is a little bit unlucky because the players was from a bad period from their clubs. Anyway . The Serbian team is very expirienced and I think that they will find themselves for the european championship. Yes right now they are not good but look what happend to Italy the last season. They mad an excellent VNL but they play much worst than their standards in the world championship. Also the opposite happend with the me of Italy . The last season prove that what we see in VNL it may not matter at all.

Yes, he rotate them a lot and is hard to find rhythm. Lozo and Uzelac had great seasons.

But i am not concerned about rest of the summer at all, just wanted to say that we wasted this VNL.

• https://www.instagram.com/reel…/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

IMO, very good statement by Guidetti

-Team deserved finals

-I take the responsability for failure

-I wish we had more time to prepare and to know the team better

-I need to try to understand the team better

If it’s honest opinion then I am very satisfied

Eventhough girls weren’t on the level of last year, we still had very somewhat decent run..

I wouldn’t blame it all on Guidetti, as he had 3 trainings to meet the team and meet the expectations of last season.

I think the bolded phrase from above would be crucial for the remaining competitions this summer.
    The team is in a weird place and it will be very important to figure out what can work and what cant for the team.

To try to fit 19yo Uzelac, who is still raw and has noticable weaknesses, to the main team as only 2nd option as offensive OH.

To understand when and how to use Maja (for her to be starter is not possible anymore) as she can be very usefull to this team despite her age and form, she can’t be starter as she can’t sustain that many consecutive games on high level, but she can still break the game when needed by entering from the bench.

To organize block-defense system better and to understand the capabilities of our players and build tactics based on that, which in my opinion was the main reason for this result rn.

If it was honest opinion and the work will be done, then I am very happy about this outcome of the VNL. It is necessary for hard work to be put in to elevate this team, so I’m here to trust the process

Even if we did win DR and made F8, it would’ve been with boskoball and it would really hurt us in a long run to go back to that system of ‘21, which is proven not to work.

All in all, eventhough it was upsetting to lose spot in F8, it wasn’t that bad. We are coming for Eurovolley trophy :cup:

• I cant understand how Gio never even tried the WCs line up once….

Yes, that was one wrong things thats happened in this week.

My guess is that he expected Maja to show high-level, which she just couldnt. He didnt have balls not to start her, or he had higher expectations from her then from Drca (she really wasnt that good in 1st week)

I will put that in a category “I need to understand the team better”, I hope after more chill trainings they will have since there will be more time, he will get the idea of what he can expect drom each player and orginize team with that in mind

Yes you have right and maybe it is unpopular opinion but I said it before. Serbia can be if not the best at least one of the 2 or 3 favourites for the Olympics. One of the two most possible reasons to lose the gold for me is Maja. I am sorry but I really beleieve this. She is not having it anymore. If Gio do not understand this now the team will start to lose trophies even from this season. Drpa must be the starter. If Maja can not haddle this or demands to be a starter just let her go. The gold medal demands cruel desicions.

• And when we said Maja is amazing but not in shape naturally because of age we are deemed team Serbia haters... Sometimes veterans in team sports can really hold back a team if they don't make place for the next generation, not just in being a shadow of their peak selves but also not allowing for the next generation to blossom in the process as well.

And it's true, Serbia has been struggling with setters for years now.

• And when we said Maja is amazing but not in shape naturally because of age we are deemed team Serbia haters... Sometimes veterans in team sports can really hold back a team if they don't make place for the next generation, not just in being a shadow of their peak selves but also not allowing for the next generation to blossom in the process as well.

not you talking about how you wanted the drama to end then coming here to pick more fights lol

• not you talking about how you wanted the drama to end then coming here to pick more fights lol

I'm not picking fights, neither do i care about drama ending too much lol it's just a forum.

Just giving my opinion, ofc age should not be a factor, if someones the best they're the best regardless of age. But sometimes the legend status can be really unfair to those behind them, and it can be a curse of an advantage, people tend to milk the legends until they crash down even if they're not objectively what they once were, it's hard to admit for the fans.

• Once again I can't believe my eyes. I would murder someone to have Maja on my NT. How are y'all writing her off now :gone::gone: And the age argument is so bad. Why are we praising MB's who are almost 40, but Maja as setter is not worth it anymore? World Champion Serba has been struggling with setters for years??? Oh come on hahaha

• Once again I can't believe my eyes. I would murder someone to have Maja on my NT. How are y'all writing her off now :gone::gone: And the age argument is so bad. Why are we praising MB's who are almost 40, but Maja as setter is not worth it anymore? World Champion Serba has been struggling with setters for years??? Oh come on hahaha

Because you didn't understand what we mean, it's not an age issue, it's an age issue +if you are not in form anymore, so it is a form issue, which imo she isn't anymore. In Ecz she couldn't play the same level when its 3+ sets. It was very obvious and now it's the same in Serbia NT.

Yeah, the part about Drca as starting setter is true, she fit better with Boskovic and with rest of team in general. But Maja can be perfect backup. She also can play great when is not 2 games in a raw(China match).

But part about "we are struggling with setters for years" are really funny.

Apart from that disaster in 2021, when exactly did we struggle with setters? Ognjenovic, Antonijevic, Drca have been dominant for last 10+ years, Drca still is, although in very Eastern European system but thats what works for us anyway

And we were first to criticize Maja for her falling out of rythm and forcing bad plays when its 3+ set game in Ecza this year, I cant really think of any Serbian fan who wanted Maja to start over Drca

However Maja is still levels above everyone else for like 1-2 sets, thats why she is great for sub as she can break the opponent in clutch moments, but she unfortunately cant sustain long and frequent matches in order to be starter.

I am glad she is back in NT :lol: she dominanted in match against China, but we cant expect her to play many games in 1 week and maintain high level

She would still be good if she doesnt start forcing boskoball after she gets tired and runs out of ideas, we found rythm and ways to involve whole teama and spread offense with Drca, no need to overuse Boskovic anymore

To be fair in 2021 we played Busa/Milenkovic as main OH, now we actually have 2 OHs who can score consistently so no need to force Tijana that much and kill the rythm of other scorers