2023/2024 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• Matey to Milano, done deal for what i know (talked to Milano president).

• Rychlicki with Kozamernik in Trentino? (it seems Huber deal fell apart)

Galassi in Civitanova, Anzani in Verona?

Lagumdzija in Civitanova? Chinenyeze's future would be in question if so, but Zaytsev would have to go I think

Davyskiba in Modena?

Sapozhkov in Modena

Stankovic stays in Modena

Kaziyski in Milano

Ishikawa stays in Milano

It would be hilarious if Lagumdzija plays for Modena, Civitanova and Piacenza in span of 3 years, like, he's very good, but not THAT good, so top teams are interested in hiring him and replacing him, simultaneously.

• Dirlic to Milano.

Porro-Dirlic

Ishikawa-Kaziyski

Piano(?)-Loser

Catania (L)
    Not bad for the rumors.

• Catania is really good defender but he must be the worst passer in the laegue.

Statistically, Pesaresi is the worst. :D But yeah, it's actually quite interesting that these young Italian liberos (Catania, Federici, Scanferla) are great defensively and so-so reception-wise, but they're obviously all more or less young and perspective, and we saw last weekend during Coppa how impactful they can be if they keep their composure on reception (Scanferla was fantastic).

It would be hilarious if Lagumdzija plays for Modena, Civitanova and Piacenza in span of 3 years, like, he's very good, but not THAT good, so top teams are interested in hiring him and replacing him, simultaneously.

The same goes for Rychlicki, this is even more hilarious considering he'll play as an Italian next year: he played Civitanova, Perugia and it seems Trentino now.

Perugia: Giannelli - ??? (Ben Tara?), Leon - Semeniuk (Plotnitskiy), Russo-Flavio???, Colaci??? (I guess he'll stay, all talented liberos are already taken)

Trentino: Sbertoli - Rychlicki???, Lavia - Michieletto, Podrascanin - Kozamernik???, Laurenzano

Modena: Bruno - Sapozhkov, Ngapeth??? - Davyskiba???, Sanguinetti - Stankovic, Federici

Civitanova: Bruno - Lagumdzija??? (Zaytsev???), Chinenyeze???-Galassi???, Yant??? - ??? (Nikolov? Bottolo? other OH?), Balaso

Milano: Porro - Dirlic, Vitelli (PIano) - Loser, Kaziyski - Ishikawa, Catania

Piacenza: Brizard - Romano, Simon - Caneschi, Leal - Lucarelli, Scanferla

Verona: Spirito - Keita, Dzavoronok ??? - Mozic, ??? - Anzani ???, ???

As for now it goes like that. The most question marks are around Civitanova, they slept away proper rebuilding moment and are right now in a situation in which they lack proper local players: Zaytsev is old and expensive, Anzani has awful season, Bottolo is streaky and not ready to play as a starting OH, so there's only Balaso. That's why these rumors about Galassi are completely understandable, but they still need third local player if they want to play Lagumdzija as a starter. I have no idea what will they do with their OHs, they lack both quality and reception, but Bottolo and Nikolov have long-term contracts and are worthy of further investment in their development.

• Statistically, Pesaresi is the worst. :D

That's why these rumors about Galassi are completely understandable, but they still need third local player if they want to play Lagumdzija as a starter. I have no idea what will they do with their OHs, they lack both quality and reception, but Bottolo and Nikolov have long-term contracts and are worthy of further investment in their development.

Wow, Pesaresi must be really bad than lol. I've been following Cisterna a lot cause of Efe Bayram and everytime i get annoyed by Catania.

About Lube, they should aim for 2 Italian middles. It's the easiest combo.

Yant-Nikolov-Adis trio is so physical and young. It's good to invest these 3 with a setter like De Cecco. Who could be Galassi's partner in middle? Also middle attack wouldn't be so important when your OH's have attacking capacity like Nikolov-Yant and they will pass bad eventually. They need a good blocker.

• Catania was very good in a 1st round (subpar reception, great defense), but past few weeks he's horrible in reception so his defensive skills don't move a needle anymore. :D But he's still much more worthy of investment (2001) than Pesaresi (1991).

Civitanova is a complete mess tbh:

- Zaytsev plays okay, but well below expectations and his contract status

- De Cecco renewed his contracts for 3 years, so he'll stay there till the very end of his career

- Yant had knee issues troubling him throughout the whole NT season and his beginning of the season in Civitanova was bad, but he finds his rhythm recently

- Chinenyeze is a huge disappointment, his blocking is non-existent

- Anzani had some health issues and is so average this year

- Nikolov is very talented, but he's completely not ready to play as a starter for final-contending team, he's shown only glimpses of great level

- Bottolo is a great 3rd OH option, but not that great as a starter

Obviously, if majority of your team is out of shape, it's a knock against a coach, but Blengini will stay for the next season I believe, so I have no idea what are conclusions of Cormio based on this year and plans for the next one.

I was surprised about rumors of Anzani in Verona, because he has valid contract till 2025, I agree that I'd go with Anzani-Galassi duo and Lagumdzija as OPP.

• Pesaresi just sucks, can’t pass with the hands and he doesn’t run anymore. Catania will be a huge improvement surely and maybe Yuki will be less tired.

• The original says Civitanova is interested in Mozic, but he has valid contract - so it may mean something, but probably means nothing. Rumors about Atanasijevic are weird as well, one, they're heavily linked with Lagumdzija, two, they went into rejuvenation mode and then would hire 32yo past his prime Atanasijevic? I don't think so.

• The original says Civitanova is interested in Mozic, but he has valid contract - so it may mean something, but probably means nothing. Rumors about Atanasijevic are weird as well, one, they're heavily linked with Lagumdzija, two, they went into rejuvenation mode and then would hire 32yo past his prime Atanasijevic? I don't think so.

I don't think Atanasijevic will be their choice. Lube is focusing on young players now. Except for De Cecco, I think they will not have players over 30 years old in next season. Maybe Diamantini will stay as a backup MB. Moreover, they are trying to get rid of expensive contracts, like Zaytsev and Anzani, probably Chinenyeze as well. Even though Atanasijevic is not at prime anymore, his contract won't be cheap. Not to mention that his level is not even as good as Zaytsev. So it's more reasonable they choose Lagumdzija.

De Cecco, Balaso, Bottolo, Nikolov, D'Amico, Diamantini, Garcia, Zaytsev, Anzani, Chinenyeze are under contract. But Lube will probably replace the last 3 players. I don't think they will renew Sottile and Gottardo. Ambrose will probably go to a lower level team. The uncertainty would be Yant. I don't know if he has valid contract for next season. So according to rumors, next season Lube will be like:

OH: Nikolov, Bottolo, Yant?, Mozic?

MB: Galassi, Diamantini?

OPP: Lagumdzija, Garcia?

S: De Cecco

Libero: Balaso, D'Amico

If they hire Mozic, either he replaces Gottardo or Yant. As for MB, Bieniek, Vitelli, Larizza are all owned by Lube. If they want to focus on foreign OHs, then two local MBs would be better options. Otherwise, Bieniek would be a good choice to replace Chinenyeze. Then they can sign another local OH play OH together with Bottolo. As for setter, they can sign a young foreign or local setter as backup. Lastly, the idea of moving Zaytsev to position 4 is a bad idea. The problem is not reception, but attacking. His attacking at position 4 hasn't been good for some years. Play as an OPP would be the better for him.

Let's see what Cormio will do to build the new rejuvenation project for Lube.

• According to the humors,

Jiang Chuan will stay in JT Thunders.

Yu Yao-chen will also stay in Tsukuba SunGAIA for study.

Could Peng Shi-kun join a European club? At least, I think, he could.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan