2023/2024 Transfers News, Rumors & Discussion

• we also have read about the Italian clubs and their economic issues but UYBA still have 5 foreign players in its roster for next year. Yeah, not the top foreign players but they still can afford foreign players. Needless to say, there are articles every year claiming that Bergamo is gonna relegate to the 2nd division but that has yet to happen.

here mid-level italian players cost more than foreigners. Don’t know about women vb tho.

• That came to my mind as well in the first place lol

I didn’t know about Camejo going back again:aww: Maybe someone from Ziraat finally realized Camejo is just bad so that they turned to another old super star Anderson who still maintains a decent form lol

Camejo to Ziraatbank is an old rumor. I'm not sure if it's still happening. Maybe Anderson is coming instead of Camejo.

Gotta wait and see :lol:

• The Turkish banks are really willing to spend money on volleyball as it seems. Even though we have read about the Turkish economic crisis and inflation problems for several years already, the banks there seem never really bothered by that. These bank sponsored clubs just keep signing bigger and bigger names each year lol

all of the bank teams in Turkey are owned to some degree by the government (Finance Ministry or Turkey Wealth Fund).

Vakifbank 89.54%
    Ziraat Bank 100.00%

Halkbank 91.49%

• Camejo to Ziraatbank is an old rumor. I'm not sure if it's still happening. Maybe Anderson is coming instead of Camejo.

Gotta wait and see :lol:

Do you think Anderson will play as oh or Opp?

• These bank sponsored clubs just keep signing bigger and bigger names each year lol

Do they (in male volleyball)? I remember 10 years ago Juantorena, Kaziyski, Miljkovic, Marshall or Raphael playing in Turkey, then we've seen Sokolov, Kurek etc. and I don't think top Turkish teams have made any progress in this span (even if they're better than in let's say 2019), maybe these mid-level teams got better (I believe so). As for top teams, they are solid and sometimes can attract big stars like Kurek, but it's so chaotic in terms of roster-building that I don't think it is any beneficial for male Turkish volleyball, with the best Turkish players (Efe, Adis) actually playing abroad, even Ngapeth and Anderson - huge stars, but in terms of sports value/contract value, they're one of the worst players in Europe actually (you can do anything you want for Anderson-level salary, and you shouldn't necessarily get Anderson himself).

And I believe that male Turkish volleyball has huge potential and with first successes of the senior NT, domestic league will thrive, but I don't think this is the way.

• Do they (in male volleyball)? I remember 10 years ago Juantorena, Kaziyski, Miljkovic, Marshall or Raphael playing in Turkey, then we've seen Sokolov, Kurek etc. and I don't think top Turkish teams have made any progress in this span (even if they're better than in let's say 2019), maybe these mid-level teams got better (I believe so). As for top teams, they are solid and sometimes can attract big stars like Kurek, but it's so chaotic in terms of roster-building that I don't think it is any beneficial for male Turkish volleyball, with the best Turkish players (Efe, Adis) actually playing abroad, even Ngapeth and Anderson - huge stars, but in terms of sports value/contract value, they're one of the worst players in Europe actually (you can do anything you want for Anderson-level salary, and you shouldn't necessarily get Anderson himself).

And I believe that male Turkish volleyball has huge potential and with first successes of the senior NT, domestic league will thrive, but I don't think this is the way.

I think after big names like Sokolov, Juantorena etc left, clubs didn't make big transfers. Until very recently. They are now getting big names such as Nimir, Ngapeth, Anderson, Grozer etc. But looks like clubs forgot that it's not 2015 anymore. Just spending money on old volleyball stars won't take them far.

• I think after big names like Sokolov, Juantorena etc left, clubs didn't make big transfers. Until very recently. They are now getting big names such as Nimir, Ngapeth, Anderson, Grozer etc. But looks like clubs forgot that it's not 2015 anymore. Just spending money on old volleyball stars won't take them far.

Yeah, yeah, that's my point, it's not like Turkish league is (top teams more precisely are) that much better place than 8-10 years ago, and taking players that don't take club volleyball seriously isn't a great idea to make a significant difference. I remember Halkbank for couple of seasons being actually on par with top European teams (this team with Kazijski and Juantorena, then with Sokolov, Kubiak and Bernardi), and I don't think taking Ngapeth or Anderson will allow to create anything more short/long-term more valuable.

• Do they (in male volleyball)? I remember 10 years ago Juantorena, Kaziyski, Miljkovic, Marshall or Raphael playing in Turkey, then we've seen Sokolov, Kurek etc. and I don't think top Turkish teams have made any progress in this span (even if they're better than in let's say 2019)

I was only referring to the Turkish bank sponsored teams’ transfer in recent years after the Turkish economy being hit by the drastic depreciation of Lira as well as covid/war/earthquake, etc.

I know the money spending on volleyball made not be a big deal for those national owned/subsidized banks, but it still kind of caught me a surprise they didn’t reduce the budget for these clubs, but increased quite a lot in these few difficult years instead. From Camejo to Juantorena then now the rumored Anderson; Nimir & Jaeschke to Ngapeth; also of course the record breaking (?) contract of Egonu on the women’s side.

I agreed to denzz that many of these moves of the mens teams were just to go for the old big names instead of making the best use of money. But as a volleyball fan it’s always good to see more teams from more different leagues willing to spend money to build competitive rosters, despite in tough economic situations.

• I was happy with nimir and jaechke transfers before since they did play well and increased overall league levels but bringing 35+ players with zero motivation before their retirement outrageous neither ngapeth nor Anderson will help their team to be successful in cl, which is what these clubs are looking for since they are already playing finals of Turkish league for a long time. As Realista mentioned, Turkish volleyball has a huge potential with young players are getting more experienced on international level, i expect this ech to be their breakout tournament🙏

• I was only referring to the Turkish bank sponsored teams’ transfer in recent years after the Turkish economy being hit by the drastic depreciation of Lira as well as covid/war/earthquake, etc.

I know the money spending on volleyball made not be a big deal for those national owned/subsidized banks, but it still kind of caught me a surprise they didn’t reduce the budget for these clubs, but increased quite a lot in these few difficult years instead. From Camejo to Juantorena then now the rumored Anderson; Nimir & Jaeschke to Ngapeth; also of course the record breaking (?) contract of Egonu on the women’s side.

I agreed to denzz that many of these moves of the mens teams were just to go for the old big names instead of making the best use of money. But as a volleyball fan it’s always good to see more teams from more different leagues willing to spend money to build competitive rosters, despite in tough economic situations.

I think spending money is a big deal for any institutions specially for banks. However, you may also look from the other point of view. Let’s take VB for instance, they probably have a budget of x amount for advertisement, and business development. How will they get best return for their money. Will it be best for them spending their money on a commercial for couple of minutes or having a team that’s on the tv for two hours and many die-hard fans as well as many others watching all over the word when VB vs. Fener plays, or VB vs Monza in Italy? They probably get more return spending on VB vs spending on some commercial. Also, they probably have tax right off as well.

• Xiu Cheng-cheng (OP/OH, CHN) joins VC Nagano Tridents in Season 23/24.

And ... VC Nagano Tridents wrote his birthdate wrong!!!

Xiu was born in 1999!

The table is from the squad of Chinese U21 NT in 2019 U21 WCH.

• Xu Ke (OH, CHN) joins Toray Arrows in Season 23/24.

He might participate in 2023 ACH.

He is born in 2001 and Wang Bin and Li Lei, the same his age, are in the senior NT A now.

https://www.toray-arrows.jp/me…6DF8C25B9492589EA000E1CC7

Images

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Anderson is leaving Russia and they are trying not to pay the compensation by using a FIFA rule.

More details in the link

https://m.sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/286442

se he will leave Russia to go to a “shit league” (as intended in the article) where he can coast to Paris. After the whole situation last year with the Chinese contract, you can color me surprised.

• Anderson is leaving Russia and they are trying not to pay the compensation by using a FIFA rule.

More details in the link

https://m.sport.business-gazeta.ru/article/286442

If true, I don't like him any longer.

Zenit Saint Petersburg should get $950,000 if Anderson would join Ziraatbank.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• se he will leave Russia to go to a “shit league” (as intended in the article) where he can coast to Paris. After the whole situation last year with the Chinese contract, you can color me surprised.

Shit league?:what: Turkish league is obviously weaker than Russian league but after Italian and Polish leagues, it is the best league in Europe. not a league to undermine like that🤦

Anyways, I don't approve what he does now. It is also dumb move by ziraatbank to invest in such an expensive player who is almost retiring.