2023 U21 Women's World Championship

• Congratulations to italian team :win::win:

this loss is sad because Italy showed being one of the best teams through the tournament

I was one that didn't believe a lot on them but great work from mencarelli,a great display of game overall

So sad again in mexico he's beaten by an asian team in the tie break after leading the match ....

• Team Serbia u21 recap

Finish: 7th place, not ideal :D

Even we are just one set(tie breaker) from semis i call this a failure. This game against Japan will haunt them. Funny thing i watched Japan few times before our game and they were in terrible shape, also few games after our game and they played even worse but against us they were very fast and strong(or our serve pressure was bad).

Performance: Terrible

Especially last 3,4 games. Most of that is because of terrible setter, who is terrible but also very tired because she was only one. Blocking was non existent in most of the games. Also every second set we played with 0 pressure. Coaching 0.

Individual performance/players to watch:

Its hard to talk about any player individually, since this is B team and none of them is/were national team material. Most of them are average. Vajagic finished as top scorer and best attacker(with is kinda expected) but she is OH in generation of 02-03-04 and i doubt we will able to promote more than 2.3 of same age for one position in national team and she is behind them. As i mention somewhere, i think she has potential to reach current level of Lozo, nothing more.

Federation: 0 fuck

They did every thing that is in their power to fail this summer and they succeed.

• One of the special guests at the Award ceremony is Mireya Luis Hernández, perhaps the greatest volleyball player of all time. Mireya helped Cuba win Olympic gold at three consecutive Olympics.

More on Mireya Luis

What’s really significant here is that Luis is only 1.75m. She is perhaps the greatest female volleyball player of all time!

Everything else being equal, height is obviously a big advantage in volleyball! However, height is not the be all and end all, there’s also agility, skills, ball sense and more importantly attitude and heart, that makes a great volleyball player.

Give me Zhuang YS any day of the week over the likes of Wyl!!
    Cai Bin, please take note! Zhuang didn’t get awarded the World U 21 Championships MVP by chance and it’s her skill and excellence that was recognised!
    She demands and deserves a place in the China’s first team!!

• What’s really significant here is that Luis is only 1.75m. She is perhaps the greatest female volleyball player of all time!

Everything else being equal, height is obviously a big advantage in volleyball! However, height is not the be all and end all, there’s also agility, skills, ball sense and more importantly attitude and heart, that makes a great volleyball player.

Give me Zhuang YS any day of the week over the likes of Wyl!!
    Cai Bin, please take note! Zhuang didn’t get awarded the World U 21 Championships MVP by chance and it’s her skill and excellence that was recognised!
    She demands and deserves a place in the China’s first team!!

There is no perhaps for Luis. She is the GOAT of women's volleyball.

• There is no perhaps for Luis. She is the GOAT of women's volleyball.

I’m old enough to remember watching Mireya Luis play and it was amazing to see her Jump up so high to spike the ball, around 340cm I believe. Along with her explosive attack, she also had the ability to rally her teammates to perform better. The Cuban team was almost unbeatable for a number of years. Fast forward to 2023 and we all get to see her again at the closing ceremony, it was just magical. For me it was one of the highlights of this year’s u21 World Championship.