Japan Women's NT 2023

• I haven't seen any Japanese fans point that out. It could be on the International side only. Ironically Japan also uses volleystation but for V League

It's from the P2 or B sheet or whatever you call it as well. Irisawa is credited with two points total, and is at least less than 1 in blocks:

• Seki almost reminded me of Sakae. I was getting a little bit annoyed with her toss.

I've mostly been indifferent to Seki. Figured she (or Momii) was going to be the setter and there's nothing I could do about it. I honestly don't know how to judge a setter on their setting :) but when I see that in set 1 Japan put 92% of the receptions in the green zone and Araki scored a couple but that's it, I assume something's not the best it could be, especially when you're watching the other side of the net score with their MBs like it's going out of business

I'm loving Seki's defense and serve tho :rose:

What is Japan's fetish with young setters? Seems that's the one position you'd really want some experience at

• What is Japan's fetish with young setters? Seems that's the one position you'd really want some experience at

I thought Manabe already called up all the available setters this time round (Seki, Matsui, Momii, Shibata, Nakagawa, Tominaga) then only Seki, Matsui and Shibata made to the final 3? Is there any hidden gem in JP atm8|?

Overall this week only revealed Wada's potential but Manabe isn't going to let her get that starting spot because she's too short

I do not realize Wada is only around the same height as Mayu and Hayashi. She looks a bit taller :huh:.

• Here's an example of what I'm saying sitenoise. This is a screenshot of the FIVB live app. You can see here that Araki is serving and in the 14-7 score, Araki served then Araki got a block point. This is not possible when you are serving. That is one of the Irisawa block points they gave to Araki. :aww:

• Here's an example of what I'm saying sitenoise. This is a screenshot of the FIVB live app. You can see here that Araki is serving and in the 14-7 score, Araki served then Araki got a block point. This is not possible when you are serving. That is one of the Irisawa block points they gave to Araki. :aww:

I'm telling my mom

• There was that one wildly weird play where Irisawa blocked a Gong attack and it went back to Diao who was sitting on the floor. Diao hit it back into the net and it bounced off and Wang YY tried to up it but it bounced off her hand back towards Diao, still on the floor, who tried to hit it back over the net but failed

I wonder if that would be considered a block point for Irisawa :/ That would be her 4th un-credited block I count

• I'm falling hard for Seki. Beyond her serve and defense, she's so up-with-people and having fun it's contagious. If you know Nishimura this is very unlike her after spending her formative years with the NoSmilers

This is the play where China high blocked the ball and Seki chased after it to make sure it went out past the court line. She turns around, grabs Nishimura's hand, and they come running back to the huddle like two teenage girls having a day at the beach. Outstanding

• Rre-watching that JPN/CHN match is fun and tragic. Japan did a lot of things well. Araki's reverse set in transition to Wada in the 3rd was delicious. The female announcer made a point of saying how fantastic it was

I'm enjoying the Chinese girls who all scream bloody murder when they attack. Japanese girls are quiet executioners, especially Wada and her dead eyes. I think they should all try screaming some time

• I think this starting lineup is good but definitely not the strongest. I really like Seki and I like Nishimura. I disagree that only Wada shined. Nishimura and Araki are hard workers and for me personally I think they did live up to expectations as rookies especially Nishimura. Girl is surprisingly fast.

Wada kinda reminds me of 2013 Miyu so I'm excited by her potential. Her dead eyes goes well with her quiet demeanor and it's something you don't see very often with Japan's all out smilers and the whole GUTS thing they're taught from highschool. Vargas also has dead eyes super dead but clearly she's something much more menacing. Wada just wants everyone to know that she's clearly capable

• I disagree that only Wada shined.

Who said only Wada? Sorry if I drooled on you a little bit over Wada, but she's not exclusive of my love. I think Hayashi is the big shiner again, and Araki is near sublime with her Matrix style defense (not to mention Seki)

Wada reminds me of Saori Sakoda. Great in flight control, and She lands on two feet like you're supposed to :rose:

• I think this starting lineup is good but definitely not the strongest. I really like Seki and I like Nishimura. I disagree that only Wada shined. Nishimura and Araki are hard workers and for me personally I think they did live up to expectations as rookies especially Nishimura. Girl is surprisingly fast.

Wada kinda reminds me of 2013 Miyu so I'm excited by her potential. Her dead eyes goes well with her quiet demeanor and it's something you don't see very often with Japan's all out smilers and the whole GUTS thing they're taught from highschool. Vargas also has dead eyes super dead but clearly she's something much more menacing. Wada just wants everyone to know that she's clearly capable

what i'm really getting from this is that you're a fan of vargas:whistle:

You could've quoted me. I said only Wada since people are already aware of Nishimura's potential during V League.

Nishimura should be main libero from now on

• Oh, are we talking only rookies?

Come on everyone, tell us what you think of Mai Irisawa instead of saying “I mostly like this squad but …”

• Araki is still somewhat all over the place. It's a little weird that we've gotten used to saying her name and automatically know it's her and not Erika. If anyone else had a similar surname I think it would bum me out to call them that. Anyway, she's the very opposite of calm in that she's almost trying to do too much. She can't jump high but she does block which is more important since Shimamura has a higher jump but can't block at all. Yokota does both despite how short she is. And speaking of dead, Yokota is by far the player with the most dead atmosphere.

• Araki is still somewhat all over the place. It's a little weird that we've gotten used to saying her name and automatically know it's her and not Erika. If anyone else had a similar surname I think it would bum me out to call them that. Anyway, she's the very opposite of calm in that she's almost trying to do too much. She can't jump high but she does block which is more important since Shimamura has a higher jump but can't block at all. Yokota does both despite how short she is. And speaking of dead, Yokota is by far the player with the most dead atmosphere.

Shimamura can't jump high she's already been injured several times if anything what I see is just her skipping near the net instead of actually jumping that's why she can't block to save her life

• Irisawa I can't say I've noticed her

You’re not alone. I think we’ve established the stats keeper doesn’t notice her either :rolll:

what a shame, she had 4 uncredited blocks in the match against China.

• Shimamura can't jump high she's already been injured several times if anything what I see is just her skipping near the net instead of actually jumping that's why she can't block to save her life

That's pretty harsh. Shimamura still has a jump but none of the middles in the roster are Popovic jumpers. Ogawa has a decent vertical but I would say Shion has the highest not that we're ever everrrr going to see her anyway.

• That's pretty harsh. Shimamura still has a jump but none of the middles in the roster are Popovic jumpers. Ogawa has a decent vertical but I would say Shion has the highest not that we're ever everrrr going to see her anyway.

Popovic is a freak of nature. Only she can jump that high so out of range lmao