Turkey - Vodafone Sultanlar Ligi 2023-2024

• i felt bad for her current team. They took a chance on her and some team poach her.

It's unprofessional for other teams to talk lure her while she's playing for her current team.

It is up to her current team to decide to let her go or not. And in case they agree, they will get a lot of money (according to rumour, 200K) so nothing to feel bad for her current team

• Honestly, while I do feel bad for Muratpasa even if they get paid a hefty sum for the mid season transfer. I prefer this mid-season transfer over some of the other transfers we are used to where teams make a deal with the player mid-season for the following season and then their performance ends up tanking the rest of the season or worse, they have to play playoffs against their future team 💀

• Possible. Both Anthi and Julia are not playing good so if they want to fix the situation they have to do something. Also Milano , Novara and GS seems to me like possible options. All of them need a good attacking OH.

Novara with Danesi, Chirichella, Markova and Akimova would be....tall. One of the tallest lineups ever for sure. Milano with Markova and Egonu would be almost laughably strong in terms of attack. I´d also add the teams from Azerbadjan on the list of players who would be interested. Azzerail bought J. Martinez and Peralta recently and is presumably concerned of landing more elite players outside of them. They play in Challenge Cup but has a rather limited roster, still. Gala is an option, but I dont think they could out-bid say Milano or Novara with the current budget. There is also the chance of going home to Russia and represent Kazan (as Pietrini hasnt lived up to the expectations) or Lokomotiv Kaliningrad with Ebrar (as Kadochkina has fallen off the cliff currently). The Russian teams have money and could out-bid say Milano or Novara.

• Novara with Danesi, Chirichella, Markova and Akimova would be....tall. One of the tallest lineups ever for sure. Milano with Markova and Egonu would be almost laughably strong in terms of attack. I´d also add the teams from Azerbadjan on the list of players who would be interested. Azzerail bought J. Martinez and Peralta recently and is presumably concerned of landing more elite players outside of them. They play in Challenge Cup but has a rather limited roster, still. Gala is an option, but I dont think they could out-bid say Milano or Novara with the current budget. There is also the chance of going "home" to Russia and represent Kazan (as Pietrini hasnt lived up to the expectations) or Lokomotiv Kaliningrad with Ebrar (as Kadochkina has fallen off the cliff currently). The Russian teams have money and could out-bid say Milano or Novara.

it's early. Pietrini's probaly "warming up" to the new clun. plus it would be a shame if Tersic won't make her a reality. He's the one who pushed her to Kazan. I think Markova will end up in Galatasaray.

• it's early. Pietrini's probaly "warming up" to the new clun. plus it would be a shame if Tersic won't make her a reality. He's the one who pushed her to Kazan. I think Markova will end up in Galatasaray.

Our main problem is the reception and the urgent action about that is; a new transfer to libero position. It is so obvious that, we cannot continue with Bihter, who has not managed to perform over 38% (pos) at reception, since the beginning of the season up to now. A new transfer to libero is a must and preferably to middle.

I am not saying that, Markova is not a good player, since I know her from NCAA - Season 2022, who was not bad with around the average attack performance and with 3.15 Kills per set. There were many others in season 2022-23, with much promising statistics such as McKenna Melville (Hit 43,47%; Eff. 30,73%; 5.51Kills Per Set), Logan Eggleston (Hit 42,57% Eff; 29.57%; 4.28 Kills Per Set), Skylar Fields (Hit 43,30%; Eff. 31,86%; 5.11 Kills Per Set); Claire Chaussee (Hit 42,09%; Eff. 30,35%; 3,8 Kills Per Set); Julia Bergman ((Hit 41,29%; Eff. 25,17%; 5.22 Kills Per Set); Marina Markova (Hit 42,94%; Eff. 28,59%; 3,15 Kills Per Set).

Beside these names, there are many other talented players in several positions, including setters, liberos, Opps, MBs etc. Above mentioned names are all OHs and the mentioned stats, indicates only their attack performance.

Julia Bergman's red stats clearly indicates her low efficiency at attack side. About Marina, she really seems to be like a 'Kinder Surprise' shining with her attack performance in our league, since no one expected such a great performance at offense but still, her reception is not so good, which is not convenient for the transfer policy of Galatasaray (or let's say, this is not what I expect). In my opinion, we need someone, who is also strong at defensive side. For example, Logan is good at attack but still not efficient at reception, making lots of mistakes. In addition to Logan, Bihter also under performing or better to say, not convenient for a team, having such an objective to push the top ranking in the league and who plays in Challenge Cup.

According to TVF (Turkish Volleyball Federation) statistics, Marina's reception performance is 0.2651 and it is not, what Galatasaray is looking for. If it would be an OH, we need someone who is strong at attack like Marina, İlkin or Logan but at the same time having a defensive performance such as Meliha or Tuğba. Can we find such and OH at the moment? Not much chance.

To cut the long strory short; We urgently need a strong Libero, not an OH. Because of this weakness, our OHs spends much more effort, focusing on reception, which also cause a decline in their success (efficiency) at attack. In addition, bad passes limits the good sets from our setter, who is really good. This is quite visible especially in the latest matches.

• If it would be an OH, we need someone who is strong at attack like Marina, İlkin or Logan but at the same time having a defensive performance such as Meliha or Tuğba. Can we find such and OH at the moment? Not much chance.

Bro, what you are describing is someone not even Ecza can find, let alone other teams. The closest to that is Gabi or Robinson and no other OH in market comes close.

• Bro, what you are describing is someone not even Ecza can find, let alone other teams. The closest to that is Gabi or Robinson and no other OH in market comes close.

Despite the fact that we do not have seen her yet playing in the best leagues I think that also Parubets belong to this category. Also Cazaute could be some day if she stops being so mentally fragile. And exept of them I could say that also Bosetti has an all around game this season and generally before her injury ( before the olympics) she was an all around player.

• Despite the fact that we do not have seen her yet playing in the best leagues I think that also Parubets belong to this category. Also Cazaute could be some day if she stops being so mentally fragile. And exept of them I could say that also Bosetti has an all around game this season and generally before her injury ( before the olympics) she was an all around player.

We can make argument for much more players who are somewhat well rounded, but to combine elite attack with great defense and for a player to constantly perform both on high level is really really rate these days. I would say that Cazaute is example of solid attacker and solid defender but nothing exeptional on both sides to make her elite player. Bosseti was close to that before, I can agree with that. Idk about Parubets, haven’t watched enough of her games tbh.

My points is that you get OH nowadays who can show good level on just one side, like Arina, Markova, Frantti in attack or like Milenkovic, Meliha, Seyma in def, you rarely get both especially in a club like Galatasaray when even top 3 clubs in best leagues struggle to find all around OHs who can show elite performance on both ends.

• Bro, what you are describing is someone not even Ecza can find, let alone other teams. The closest to that is Gabi or Robinson and no other OH in market comes close.

Agree. That's what I am saying. We already have İlkin and similarly Meliha at Fener, who are getting close to Gabi's performance even though İlkin's performance at attack efficiency is declining a bit, because of the issues I tried to explain. It is for sure that, it is extremely difficult to find such players in good shape, even at the beginning of transfer season and as I said no chance at this moment.

I just wanted to stress that, our weakness is not at the attack line, since we can manage with Cuttino (OPP) and İlkin (OH), if they keep their stability at high level along with Sude (OH) and Logan (OH) in rotation and whenever is needed but since libero's performance is quite low and our setter cannot receive good passes, it is really difficult to grab success. So my point of view is; our priority should not be an OH but it should be libero (for good passes and digs) and less pressure on our OHs.

• We can make argument for much more players who are somewhat well rounded, but to combine elite attack with great defense and for a player to constantly perform both on high level is really really rate these days. I would say that Cazaute is example of solid attacker and solid defender but nothing exeptional on both sides to make her elite player. Bosseti was close to that before, I can agree with that. Idk about Parubets, haven’t watched enough of her games tbh.

My points is that you get OH nowadays who can show good level on just one side, like Arina, Markova, Frantti in attack or like Milenkovic, Meliha, Seyma in def, you rarely get both especially in a club like Galatasaray when even top 3 clubs in best leagues struggle to find all around OHs who can show elite performance on both ends.

Meliha is showing a great progress recently. Both Meliha and İlkin are doing really good at both side.

• So my point of view is; our priority should not be an OH but it should be libero (for good passes and digs) and less pressure on our OHs.

Agreed, GS libero is not up to task.
    There is also a point that should be taken into consideration that maybe she is not that bad of a passer but simply not able to cover for someone.

There are liberos who are great at covering their ground (Ayca, Jegdic) and there are those who may no give always perfect pass but are able to cover larger ground and cover for OH (Pusic is prime example of that, Gizem Orge as well).

GS needed to find libero to cover for OH since Logan needs someone to take some of her ground in order for her to make okay pass, and current libero is not on that level.

• Agreed, GS libero is not up to task.
    There is also a point that should be taken into consideration that maybe she is not that bad of a passer but simply not able to cover for someone.

There are liberos who are great at covering their ground (Ayca, Jegdic) and there are those who may no give always perfect pass but are able to cover larger ground and cover for OH (Pusic is prime example of that, Gizem Orge as well).

GS needed to find libero to cover for OH since Logan needs someone to take some of her ground in order for her to make okay pass, and current libero is not on that level.

I would be so glad, if she could achieve up around 50% positive and not below 38%. It is quite annoying. So lets say, not perfect but at least positive passer, good covering and good digger. Overall 3 good task achiever. Asking too much?:):):)