Germany NT 2023

• Leana Grozer is with U17 NT right now to play the upcoming ECH, so the question is who will be the 14th player for the finals. Will Cekulaev come back or will somebody else (Maase? Emonts?) join? :/

As usual, DVV doesn't give any info :gone:

I heard that Cekulaev will be back for the finals. She had problems with her back and her knee but its better now.

• As often not many news from the team on social medias.

According a players instagram account they have met again on Sunday at Frankfurt and travelled to Texas today.

Compared to the Polish team which seems to exercise like there`s no tomorrow since a couple of days at Arlington this look more like a trip of a company sports group...We`ll see how it goes

According a players instagram account they have met again on Sunday at Frankfurt and travelled to Arlington today.

Compared to the Polish team which seems to exercise like there`s no tomorrow since a couple of days at Arlington this look moire like a trip of a company sports group...We`ll see haow it goes

DVV article says that Heynen gave the team a week off after 3rd week to have enough recovery, so they certainly didn't have a lot of practise. He declares the QF "a match to enjoy" but also states that we do have a chance against Poland, which I consider an appropriate statement.

• Compared to the Polish team which seems to exercise like there`s no tomorrow since a couple of days at Arlington this look more like a trip of a company sports group...We`ll see how it goes

POL team also had a 3 days break last week. They met together on Thursday and flew to Texas on Saturday.

I know that some teams decided to fly directly from Asia to USA (e.g. Brazil)

• DVV article says that Heynen gave the team a week off after 3rd week to have enough recovery, so they certainly didn't have a lot of practise. He declares the QF "a match to enjoy" but also states that we do have a chance against Poland, which I consider an appropriate statement.

I guess Heynen has a closer perception of his players in the meantime and he knows how to deal with them/what they need to be in the best physical and mental shape. The only probably questionable thing to me is the relatively short period of time to deal with the jet lag. But again, we`ll see how it will go, looking forward to that.

• I guess Heynen has a closer perception of his players in the meantime and he knows how to deal with them/what they need to be in the best physical and mental shape. The only probably questionable thing to me is the relatively short period of time to deal with the jet lag. But again, we`ll see how it will go, looking forward to that.

That's true. Japan - Brazil - Korea - USA within 6 weeks is quite messy, but players to some extent got used to it I guess.

According a players instagram account they have met again on Sunday at Frankfurt and travelled to Texas today.

Compared to the Polish team which seems to exercise like there`s no tomorrow since a couple of days at Arlington this look more like a trip of a company sports group...We`ll see how it goes

Stigrot and Pogany were with one of the USA players in Texas yesterday.

• POL team also had a 3 days break last week. They met together on Thursday and flew to Texas on Saturday.

I know that some teams decided to fly directly from Asia to USA (e.g. Brazil)

Noticed that as well. Very different approaches and probably expectations here.

Stigrot and Pogany were with one of the USA players in Texas yesterday.

Where have you seen that ?

Maybe the video wasn`t from today. but 5 hours ago Pogany posted a story on Instagram of her taking a soft drink "after the long travel".

• Noticed that as well. Very different approaches and probably expectations here.

Where have you seen that ?

Maybe the video wasn`t from today. but 5 hours ago Pogany posted a story on Instagram of her taking a soft drink "after the long travel".

They were with Anna Stevenson. I dont know if its still on her story.

• Here's some quotes from Heynen

“We are so happy to be here,” Heynen said. “I mean, 2009 was the last time Germany was in the finals of the VNL or Grand Prix, so of course it’s amazing. None of my players have ever been in this situation. Of course they are happy.”

“What I want is to play good,” Heynen said. “Don’t talk about results. Results is a consequence. If you play every week good, you will get good results.”

https://volleyballmag.com/usa-…gue-quarterfinals-071223/

• Lena Stigrot without any positive impact today. No points in attack meeting bad receiving. But they won a set now, suprisingly ;-) Ok, normally Poland will win this by 3 sets to 1.

• Lena Stigrot without any positive impact today. No points in attack meeting bad receiving. But they won a set now, suprisingly ;-) Ok, normally Poland will win this by 3 sets to 1.

Like I said she's the weak link in germany for me

she has a good passing and maybe in attack she can do with intermediate teams but with top of top then she can't deliver

• Ok, the match overall was better than I expected from the german team. A fifth set was possible but Poland was to good.
    So, USC, make Rica Maase a much better player next season! :-)

• Wide roster for ECH

It's utterly sad that we don't manage to register 30 players that are not injured (Vanjak, Berger) or retired (Leweling, Wezorke) :white:

As for the actual roster I expect to see the VNL players plus hopefully Emonts and Straube. I'd also gladly take Anne Hölzig and Tanja Großer over Agbortabi, but I think they're just there to fill the roster.