Germany NT 2023

• According to a press release of Potsdam, Laura Emonts will be with them for their official start of training next week, so I guess this means she's not going to join NT anymore this summer :what: I wonder what's behind this...

Are you assuming this has to do something with Heynen?

Eventhough I`m pretty convinced that some of the players appear to not exactly like or accept him as a person of authority it`s still quite remarkable that the team overall is improving.

However, I`d really like to see Rica Maase in the team who looked very promising to me in the few matches I`ve seen from her.

• Are you assuming this has to do something with Heynen?

Eventhough I`m pretty convinced that some of the players appear to not exactly like or accept him as a person of authority it`s still quite remarkable that the team overall is improving.

However, I`d really like to see Rica Maase in the team who looked very promising to me in the few matches I`ve seen from her.

No, I think those who are there now have gotten used to Heynen and it seems they found a good way to get along. I recently read an article saying that Orthmann almost cancelled her VNL participation due to lack of insurance by DVV (seems to be a general problem) and then Heynen offered to pay her insurance from his own money, however the final outcome of that was handled top secret. So I thought maybe Emonts had a similar reason for not joining, but yesterday I read a new interview with Heynen in Volleyball Magazin where he mentioned that Emonts got injured. I knew this happened right at the beginning of NT trainings but there was no further info about it, and she seems to be recovered if she can train with her club, but maybe she's not yet in a state to be fully ready for ECH.

About Maase, I also wondered why she wasn't given more chances. Weske had that one amazing match against Brazil but didn't show much apart from that. Also I wonder why Maase doesn't even play Universiade now :|

• Interestingly, Pia Leweling continues to play under her maiden name at the Universiade rather than her married name. I can imagine that her case can be compared to the case of canoeist Elena Lilik. She had married before the 2021 World Championships, but at the time she could not use her married name Lilik, but had to start under her birth name Apel. The reason was the German bureaucracy, since her new passport was not ready in time. It must have been similar with Pia. In addition, she had to apply for a VISA for China, which she probably had to do under her birth name.

• Laura Emonts joined the NT as well.

She had knee problems that's why she wasn't there in VNL. Now she's healthy again so she returned to the team.

The article says 16 players are invited, so I guess it's the 14 of VNL final round plus Straube and Emonts (though right now Weske and Agbortabi are in Universiade, but I guess at least Weske should join the main team again).

With Straube instead of Glaab and especially Emonts instead of Agbortabi there would finally be some better options to make substitutions compared to VNL.

• Weske may start university soon or not? I don't know if she will be available.

If you mean with univerity the the Universiade, the Universiade has already started and after losing to China on the day of the game, they beat Argentina in the second game and qualified for the quarter-finals, leaving them with three games left. So the last game is either August 5th if you're not playing for medals, otherwise August 6th.

• If you mean with univerity the the Universiade, the Universiade has already started and after losing to China on the day of the game, they beat Argentina in the second game and qualified for the quarter-finals, leaving them with three games left. So the last game is either August 5th if you're not playing for medals, otherwise August 6th.

No, she is studying in USA. It starts in August.

• Judging from several Instagram videos, the players in NT camp right now are:

Kästner, Glaab, Straube

Maase

Orthmann, Alsmeier, Stigrot, Emonts, Stautz

Weitzel, Schölzel, Strubbe, Cekulaev

Pogany, Cesar

If the info about 16 invited players was correct, one player of the Universiade team should still join, I think either Weske or if she has to return to University probably it's Abgortabi (though even in Universiade she was very weak :whistle:).

For ECH, one setter and probably one OH/OPP will be cut.

• I saw that Ivana Vanjak has several posts on her Insta about her injury and recovery process. She tore everything that can tear in her knee in NT training last August, so she needed two surgeries for reconstruction. She was told she could never play again but she refused to give up and seems to be recovering well :obey: I just hope she'll be rewarded for all the pain and hard work and not suffer another injury yet again.