Japan Men's NT 2023

• Yuki Ishikawa has 50 programs airing starting today Monday both on TBS and Fuji TV. I'm not sure how many Ran has but Yuki is the one dominating media right now.

Yuki and Ran are promoting OQT

• Yes, but from A Team to B Team. B Team have just Asian Games to compete. A Team play VNL, Asian Championships and OQT.

From first Press Conference (April 7, 2023), the Activity plan, Nambu Masashi (Chairman of the Men's Strengthening Committee) said he want high experiences players to bring the power of new gen players, gives his own experiences for them to grow up in international level. The Plan is training the athletes who can play an active role at the next Los Angeles 2028, so they have to strengthen and develop the team at the same time. (Target athletes for Los Angeles 2028)

For A team seems like he was not in the plan, base on his stat from V-League, especially his block percentage, it's too low.

He is not from Team A to Team B. He is from Team A Being Kicked Out Team B.

Why do you deliberately ignore that he was kicked out of the national team?

He was the captain of team A, then was kicked out of the national team and didn't participate in the Olympic game. Philippe Blain openly criticized that his recpetion isn't good enough to be in national team. Then this year he got back to national team and becomes the captain of team B. Clearly, he was promoted back to the national team, not demoted.

• He is not from Team A to Team B. He is from Team A Being Kicked Out Team B.

Why do you deliberately ignore that he was kicked out of the national team?

He was the captain of team A, then was kicked out of the national team and didn't participate in the Olympic game. Philippe Blain openly criticized that his recpetion isn't good enough to be in national team. Then this year he got back to national team and becomes the captain of team B. Clearly, he was promoted back to the national team, not demoted.

Yes, he was kicked out from A team since 2021 (but still in the 2021 wide roster). That's my false, I forgot to put it down.

• Japan B team Start their NT Camp in North Macedonia. Meanwhile, A Team's NT Camp at Ajinomoto NTC in Tokyo. They will go to Iran on Sunday 13, and held a Training Camp in Tehran 14-18, then the Asian Championships will start on sat, 19 August 2023.

• Japan B team Start their NT Camp in North Macedonia. Meanwhile, A Team's NT Camp at Ajinomoto NTC in Tokyo. They will go to Iran on Sunday 13, and held a Training Camp in Tehran 14-18, then the Asian Championships will start on sat, 19 August 2023.

Japan A Team are in Ataşehir, Istanbul. They will play Friendly Match with Türkiye. (guess on Sunday) Then they will going to Iran for a training camp after that. Very tight schedule.

• International Practice Match (Private Session)

🇹🇷 TÜRKİYE 3 - 1 JAPAN 🇯🇵 15-25/ 25-21/ 25-18/ 25-18

Starting Line-up:
    🇹🇷
    Arslan/Adis
    Mirza/Burutay
    Bedirhan/Mert
    [L : Volkan/Berkay]
    🇯🇵
    Sekita/Nishida
    Ishikawa/Ran
    Kentaro /Aki
    [L : Yamomoto]

Best Scorers
    Türkiye 🇹🇷
    Adis Lagumdzija 23 Pts.
    Mirza Lagumdzija 13 Pts.
    Burutay Subaşı 11 Pts.

Japan 🇯🇵
    Yuji Nishida 13 Pts.
    Yuki Ishikawa 12 Pts.
    Ran Takahashi 11 Pts.

Japan make a lot of substitution in every set, All the plyers have a chance to play on the court, while Türkiye's substitution just only 2 time. It's a practice match, Japan should play and try their most fit strateg. Anyway congrats to Türkiye!!

JVA said Japan will held the NT camp untill 15 August (to,orrow) and then will going to Urmia, Iran for Asian Championship. From JVA : Japan will play another friendly match with Egypt, but Egypt play with Türkiye today so maybe they will play tomorrow.

(Türkiye 3 - 1 Egypt 23-25/25-22/25-22/25-19)

• Yamamoto Ryu didn't participate in Asia Games 2021 (2023)!

Why?

Japan Team B only has 11 players and the only one setter is Fukatsu Akihiro.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Yamamoto Ryu didn't participate in Asia Games 2021 (2023)!

Why?

Japan Team B only has 11 players and the only one setter is Fukatsu Akihiro.

He can't join the Asian Games because he is in the training camp with the Team A for OQT. He is already the substitute setter for Sekita at the Asian Championship.

The roster for Asian Games are submitted way before the tournament, even before Ryu was transferred to team A and can't be changed anymore, unless due to injury.

• This isn't exactly considered news, some of you may have seen or received a warning from JVA. I got mine through Volley Tomo notif and it says that they will strictly impose the no entry rule during the men's tournament for anyone both locals and foreigners caught wearing fake NT jerseys of players. The men's official merch will have some type of QR sticker thingy as well as an extra patch. I guess they finally caught on the ones making a lot of money selling bootleg jerseys on sites like Shopee.

• This isn't exactly considered news, some of you may have seen or received a warning from JVA. I got mine through Volley Tomo notif and it says that they will strictly impose the no entry rule during the men's tournament for anyone both locals and foreigners caught wearing fake NT jerseys of players. The men's official merch will have some type of QR sticker thingy as well as an extra patch. I guess they finally caught on the ones making a lot of money selling bootleg jerseys on sites like Shopee.

WTF??

The staff probably saw those when they went to Thailand and Philippines. You can see plain as day on the stream the people in the audience wearing knockoff Japan jerseys :P There's so much of it on Alibaba too with different versions including Haikyuu and Capcom nerd versions.

JVA is gradually opening sales internationally for the men's team so it's not surprising for them to make this move. They will need more funds by Paris.

• Yuki is so cute in this video lol. This may be the first interview where he's really relaxed. Also lol at those mechanical pencils. I remember Nishida said he got stabbed with one of those:rolll:

• Yuki is part of GQ Japan's Men of the Year 2023 along with Shohei Ohtani (LA Angels), Naoya Inoue (UFC), Ritsu Doan (SC Freiburg), Rui Hachimura (LA Lakers) and Yuto Horigome (Nike Skateboarding) all are JOC approved