Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2023/24

• Dresden is far from impressive, especially Frohling is terrible again so far with 0/10, 2 err 3 bl :aww: They won 1st set only thanks to great serving and way too many mistakes of Wiesbaden in the beginning of the set. Rapacz was 1/8 in attack after some rallies but finished the set with 8/16 :white:

• Dresden is far from impressive, especially Frohling is terrible again so far with 0/10, 2 err 3 bl :aww: They won 1st set only thanks to great serving and way too many mistakes of Wiesbaden in the beginning of the set. Rapacz was 1/8 in attack after some rallies but finished the set with 8/16 :white:

Rapacz is amazing! Such a fast armswing.

I know Wiesbaden wants to keep her but I can imagine many other clubs are interested in her?

• I like Sain, she is a solid libero!

• Vilsbiburg - Schwerin 1:3 (20:25 25:20 14:25 26:28)

Stats

MVP: Britte Stuut / Anna Pogany

Vilsbiburg couldn't find a 21:15 lead and several set points in 4th set.

Wiesbaden - Dresden 0:3 (22, 20, 18)

Stats

MVP: Izabella Rapacz / Jennifer Janiska

Suhl - Potsdam 0:3 (24, 21, 20)

Stats

MVP: Eleanor Holthaus / Suvi Kokkonen

Schwerin and Potsdam are in semifinal where they will meet each other, Dresden forces a 3rd match on Saturday (live on Sport1).

Tomorrow 2nd match Münster-Stuttgart.

• Post by Gazzetta80 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • The American setter Ewert of Munster goes to Potsdam.

Also the Japanese libero of Suhl goes to Potsdam.

Bamba is a very good signing for Potsdam, but I haven't been too impressed with Ewert the last times I watched her. But then, with LOVB taking many options, it's probably hard for Potsdam (or any other club) to sign better players for next season...

• Confiirmation news about transfers from the Volleyball Bundesliga to the US professional league:

Grace Frohling and Tia Jimerson (DSC), Alexis Hart (25, Allianz MTV Stuttgart), Justine Wong-Orantes (28, SC Potsdam) and Zoe Fleck (23, USC Münster).

In addition to former DSC player Madison Bugg (29), German national player Kimberly Drewniok (26) will play in the States.

https://www.tag24.de/sport/vol…-top-spielerinnen-3143246

• The article Provoziert Hollosy seinen Abgang? published yesterday by inSüdthüringen, which is unfortunately hidden behind a paywall, is not only about a possible Hollosy departure, but the article is also said to mention the rumor that Vedrana Jakšetić could move to Schwerin, where she would then probably succeed Pia Kästner.

Freies Wort, suhl:

"Laszlo Hollosy, on the other hand, still has a contract with VfB Suhl until 2025 and is regarded as a committed, uncompromising coach who makes players better. However, the 47-year-old, who lives in Erfurt, is completely dissatisfied with the personnel situation, which has been tense practically since the start of the season. Was perfectionist Hollosy just trying to shake things up with his statements in the newspaper interview or even provoke his departure?"

• We have now some clue regarding European Cups participation: if Dresden wins against Wiesbaden the decisive third playoff match, they will not only secure at least a CEV cup ticket (again) as all other semi final participants (the two finalists will get into CL), but Wiesbaden will be out of European Cups, because Suhl did better before the playoffs and get the Challenge Cup ticket. Should Wiesbaden upset Dresden in their hall, Dresden would play Challenge Cup instead and Wiesbaden as the others still in race CEV Cup.

• We have now some clue regarding European Cups participation: if Dresden wins against Wiesbaden the decisive third playoff match, they will not only secure at least a CEV cup ticket (again) as all other semi final participants (the two finalists will get into CL), but Wiesbaden will be out of European Cups, because Suhl did better before the playoffs and get the Challenge Cup ticket. Should Wiesbaden upset Dresden in their hall, Dresden would play Challenge Cup instead and Wiesbaden as the others still in race CEV Cup.

But the question is also whether a club like Suhl or Wiesbaden really wants to play in Europe. I am aware that they are obliged to do this purely by licensing regulations. But you also have to recognize that the European adventures of Wiesbaden and Suhl, which were definitely positive in terms of sport, have caused financial problems for the teams.